A failing grade...

Of course the did there is low crime in VT.

I'm not even going to look but I will bet that CA, MA, NJ, NY, and IL all got good grades even though the violent crime in those states is out of control.

Of course the did there is low crime in VT.

I'm not even going to look but I will bet that CA, MA, NJ, NY, and IL all got good grades even though the violent crime in those states is out of control.

Bu...bu..but violent crime has nothing to do with strict gun laws. Right? [wink]

a typical weekend for one of Sarah Brady's urban islands of tranquility...

I don't think there is anything I hate more than a big urban city. People aren't meant to live in such crushing proximity to each other.

Major metropolitan cities are the reason for most of our inane laws. When people literally live one on top of the other, they become compelled to control everyone else in an attempt to retain control of themselves.

Only in Amerika can having a low crime rate be a failure and a high crime rate be a success. Such is the twisted mind of an anti civil rights gun grabber.

I don't think there is anything I hate more than a big urban city. People aren't meant to live in such crushing proximity to each other.

Major metropolitan cities are the reason for most of our inane laws. When people literally live one on top of the other, they become compelled to control everyone else in an attempt to retain control of themselves.

It's always been that way. The farmers out in Western Mass fought for their freedom during the Revolutionary War only to have the merchants from the cities pass more laws to tax them and limit their freedom.

City folk love to control you.

My thoughts exactly.

I'm a country boy at heart and my wife and I are planning to build our dream house in rural Maine sometime in the next 10 years or so. My idea of a good neighbor is one who's at least a mile away.[smile]

Whenever we go back to Vermont to visit my family and the home I grew up in, we always seem to take a deep breath as we cross the state line, as if a great weight has been lifted from our shoulders...

The air smells better. It's a little known fact that the air in Vermont has a high concentration of Holsteinium, which actually gives you superpowers and more calcium.

The air smells better. It's a little known fact that the air in Vermont has a high concentration of Holsteinium, which actually gives you superpowers and more calcium.
I feel the same way when I cross into NH - I think it might be the unmarked car holding my assigned handlers peeling off my tail[laugh]

hat-tin-foil-smiley.gif

Whenever we go back to Vermont to visit my family and the home I grew up in, we always seem to take a deep breath as we cross the state line, as if a great weight has been lifted from our shoulders...

I knew something was different about Vermont! Haha, but seriously, I totally agree and have said the same thing to so many people. As soon as you cross into the state its like life all around you slows down and you can actually enjoy things.

I knew something was different about Vermont! Haha, but seriously, I totally agree and have said the same thing to so many people. As soon as you cross into the state its like life all around you slows down and you can actually enjoy things.

I used to think that then I tried living there. The only thing you don't need a permit for in VT is carrying a gun, and trying to get by with local wages and taxes higher than MA depletes the ammo budget forget about buying new guns. VT is police state there just isn't a lot of police.

Unbelievable.

Interesting tax structure in the PRV as well: if I understand it correctly - if you have a spouse that works in Vermont, when they file their state income tax, Vermont requires you to itemize the income of the spouse that does not work in Vermont - then the tax is adjusted accordingly depending on the sum of the in-sate and out-of-state incomes. Kind of the "long arm statue" of tax grabs. Sounds kind of like what going on between MA & NH right now with the tax on tires, bought in NH by MA residents.

Back
Top Bottom