• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

9mm pistol magazine capacity?

You don't get it... Being comfortable carrying a .22LR Derringer doesn't make you a cuck, carry whatever you want. Being afraid of doing something LEGAL (e.g. carrying perfectly legal pre-bans) is what makes you a cuck.

Why do you even have any guns if you're afraid of your own shadow?
It's legal yes. Do I want to take time off work to fight a bullshit high-cap charge in court after a false arrest? It's not about being afraid of your shadow it's calculated risk. I feel 'safe enough' with 10+1, just like someone feels safe enough carrying a SW 642. Big deal

A lot of you tough guys on here try to be all hard and stuff - "Ima Free Man an carry whatever I want coz second amendment." Many of you call us a 'cuck' for carrying 10 rounders in our EDC. Sure I could pop in a preban mag but if a cop pulls me over and wants my weapon and decides to be a dick about it for whatever reason, some of us don't have the time to deal with that kind of drama in court. So the conclusion is - if you're a cuck like me, carry ten or less. If you want to still stay legal 'technically', carry true preban mags. If you're one of those alpha male patriots, carry whatever you want.
Consider that while the 10 round ban is not aggressively enforced in MA, if you use a firearm in an interpersonal encounter of the worst kind, considerable resources will be brought to bear to find some hook to hang you on. Expect a thorough examination of the magazine to see if they can find a charge.

It's legal yes. Do I want to take time off work to fight a bullshit high-cap charge in court after a false arrest?
Why would you get a "false arrest"?

Do you think you will be walking down the street and be randomly selected for a search?

Consider that while the 10 round ban is not aggressively enforced in MA, if you use a firearm in an interpersonal encounter of the worst kind, considerable resources will be brought to bear to find some hook to hang you on. Expect a thorough examination of the magazine to see if they can find a charge.

Yeah, 'better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6', right? Except when the people in charge of 'jury selection' pick the 12 from Newton and Sharon for example, good luck.

Why would you get a "false arrest"?

Do you think you will be walking down the street and be randomly selected for a search?

I've been pulled over for speeding. Cops know you have an LTC and when asked 'are you carrying'? Obviously if I am, I'm not gonna lie. A couple times they have asked me to remove it from my holster and hand it to them for the duration of the stop. I would imagine they take a look at the mag when they handle it. Never had a problem since I've always been respectful and a good little beta cuck with my neutered 10 rounders.

I've been pulled over for speeding. Cops know you have an LTC and when asked 'are you carrying'? Obviously if I am, I'm not gonna lie. A couple times they have asked me to remove it from my holster and hand it to them for the duration of the stop. I would imagine they take a look at the mag when they handle it. Never had a problem since I've always been respectful and a good little beta cuck with my neutered 10 rounders.
LOL cops are asking you if you carry?
You must be doing something wrong.

Do they also take the mag out and count the rounds?

Yup. I get it back with the mag out and the chambered round dropped in my hand. LEO encounters probably are different if you're like me and look like Colion Noir.
[shocked] well, that s*cks.

With the training cops have, there are some pretty high chances the idiot shoots his leg. I hope you are recording these encounters for entertainment.

Yeah, 'better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6', right? Except when the people in charge of 'jury selection' pick the 12 from Newton and Sharon for example, good luck.
The question is weighing the risk of not having those extra rounds and getting shot because 11 rounds did not do the job vs. the risk of giving the system a "convict me" wildcard in the event you use your gun in self defense.

The question is weighing the risk of not having those extra rounds and getting shot because 11 rounds did not do the job vs. the risk of giving the system a "convict me" wildcard in the event you use your gun in self defense.

Very true and I should have added that consideration. My EDC typically is a HK P30 with a TLR-2 HL G with 10+1 plus two spare tens. Would have been great to be able to use one of their newer factory flush fitting 17 rounders and a single spare factory 22 rounder but oh well. An alpha male I know once told me you should always have at least 30 rounds on you for your EDC.

someone's getting really good at making sock puppets and obfuscating their writing style. the blatant misspelling in the OP is a dead give away. some of you need your troll radar calibrated.

Yup. I get it back with the mag out and the chambered round dropped in my hand. LEO encounters probably are different if you're like me and look like Colion Noir.

I've been "felony stopped" on my bike twice, searched, firearm removed from me and handed back empty. Once was really unfortunate because I was on my way to work and a couple co-workers passed by while I had my hands on the roof of the cop car getting searched. That was fun explaining when I got into the office. Which of course was a "gun free zone".

I find that my encounters with cops have gotten a lot less dramatic since I've gotten older; I'm guessing that shorter hair and calmer demeanor on my part help.

Don't bother calling the police for advice. Very few of them are knowledgeable about the nuances of the law, and you have no recourse if Officer Smith tells you something is legal and it isn't and you subsequently get busted for it.
Operating Operators call the Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms Help Line
and ask if they have Prince Albert in a Can.

Back
Top Bottom