9mm pistol magazine capacity?

today seems to be my day for learning things---
question---- if i am in Mass. and have an L.T.C.
and above it says class A large capacity----am I
aloud to have more than 10 rounds in my 9mm pistol
magazine ?????-------Ralph

Any magazines made after September 1994 must be ten rounds or less. The firearm you put it in does not matter.

Don't bother calling the police for advice. Very few of them are knowledgeable about the nuances of the law, and you have no recourse if Officer Smith tells you something is legal and it isn't and you subsequently get busted for it.

what accually happened was I went on the internet and saw a bunch of stuff saying
if I had a large cap. class A --LTC--- that I was able to buy magazines out of state larger than
rounds for my pistol--- so I got suspicious and called the Willmington Mass police and asked 2
diff. people and they both said that I was ok to put a 17 round magazine in my pistol????----
now I'm really confused --- should I call the Wilmington Mass police once more??---sorry to be
such a bother but I would like to follow the law---Thanks Ralph----(no I do not own a Glock)

Go with this. Remember to take a screenshot of this thread to enter as your Exhibit A at the trial...

what accually happened was I went on the internet and saw a bunch of stuff saying
if I had a large cap. class A --LTC--- that I was able to buy magazines out of state larger than
rounds for my pistol--- so I got suspicious and called the Willmington Mass police and asked 2
diff. people and they both said that I was ok to put a 17 round magazine in my pistol????----
now I'm really confused --- should I call the Wilmington Mass police once more??---sorry to be
such a bother but I would like to follow the law---Thanks Ralph----(no I do not own a Glock)

They are allowed to. Not you. Pleb.

Yeah. Asking the police for advice about gun laws is about as useful as asking the dimwit at the large gun store. It's not their job to know, and there are no consequences if they give you bad information.

As I understand it, (see that caveat), in Massachusetts with an LTC you can have a "large capacity magazine" in your firearm, (one that holds more than ten rounds). BUT - and this is important - you can't posess a magazine in Massachusetts that contains more than ten rounds unless it's "pre-ban".

Which is why there's such a premium charge for those types of mags when you can find them. I saw one recently here on NES for 250$.

It's rather sad, and pointless. I have almost the same issue in CT. I am "allowed" to legally posess "large capacity magazines" that I owned prior to 2014 only if I declared them. So, I have (6) 30 round PMAGS and (4) Glock 17 rounders legally in CT that were "declared". Meanwhile, I have 40plus "large capacity magazines" for my G34/G17 here in GA, and I can buy more any time I'd like.

Go down there in person and demand that they stop jerking you around. Don't leave until the chief meets with you and gives you straight answers.

No. On second thought never ever get the police involved in your business. You've been given the correct answer in this thread.

Read the law? Read the legal forum stickies on this site? Search?

Just for crying out loud stop calling the cops! You're just going to get more terrible advice from people who don't know the law and then those same people will be cuffing you one day.

Read the law? Read the legal forum stickies on this site? Search?

Just for crying out loud stop calling the cops! You're just going to get more terrible advice from people who don't know the law and then those same people will be cuffing you one day.
And who will swear on a stack of Bibles that they never told you incorrect information that you relied on.

Last edited:
gee I must have missed it!!!-------refresh my memory would ya!
During my class, the instructor went over all the banned/preban rules and laws in general. Mostly warning about the MA 10 round capacity unless a preban magazine that can be positively identified as preban. Class A 'Large Capacity' means nothing about magazine capacity. If you are looking for preban magazines, just be 100% sure they are exactly that.
Good Luck.

Honestly, both of the questions you asked should be covered by a BFS instructor. There's a ton they have to get to in a short time, but if you're asking these questions, you should be demanding a refund
However, the student also needs to remember all that complicated shit. Most folks take the course only because they HAVE TO and just want to get it over with to get the LTC. Jack.

A lot of you tough guys on here try to be all hard and stuff - "Ima Free Man an carry whatever I want coz second amendment." Many of you call us a 'cuck' for carrying 10 rounders in our EDC. Sure I could pop in a preban mag but if a cop pulls me over and wants my weapon and decides to be a dick about it for whatever reason, some of us don't have the time to deal with that kind of drama in court. So the conclusion is - if you're a cuck like me, carry ten or less. If you want to still stay legal 'technically', carry true preban mags. If you're one of those alpha male patriots, carry whatever you want.

A lot of you tough guys on here try to be all hard and stuff - "Ima Free Man an carry whatever I want coz second amendment." Many of you call us a 'cuck' for carrying 10 rounders in our EDC. Sure I could pop in a preban mag but if a cop pulls me over and wants my weapon and decides to be a dick about it for whatever reason, some of us don't have the time to deal with that kind of drama in court. So the conclusion is - if you're a cuck like me, carry ten or less. If you want to still stay legal 'technically', carry true preban mags. If you're one of those alpha male patriots, carry whatever you want.
So like since you brought it up...your wife hot or something?

And yes your a beta for caring about mag capacity

Stop making sense, it's against the TOS.

That's funny cause in the revolver thread I said I don't like to carry revolvers because of low capacity and got called a cuck for needing more than 5 or 6. Can't win on NES man.
You don't get it... Being comfortable carrying a .22LR Derringer doesn't make you a cuck, carry whatever you want. Being afraid of doing something LEGAL (e.g. carrying perfectly legal pre-bans) is what makes you a cuck.

Why do you even have any guns if you're afraid of your own shadow?

Back
Top Bottom