9mm 1911 Suggestions

I already commented way further up that I had settled on a Dan Wesson PM9. And as great as a CZ 75 or beretta 92 are, I’m 5’4 so I have a small hand. I’ve handled both of those firearms and can’t shoot them because of how long the trigger reach is.

1.) I want a 1911 for the incredible ergonomics, I’ve shot one and it fit my hand better than any other gun I’ve ever shot, not in it for the history.

2.) as stated in my original post, I have a ton of 9mm stockpiled and don’t feel like, nor have space, to start stockpiling another caliber. 9mm is easier on the wrists (I have juvenile onset arthritis) and is far cheaper. Those are the reasons I want it in 9mm, even though I don’t need to justify my choice lol.

If you want me to have a .45, pony up the dough and buy me one, otherwise leave the useless advice at home.

Some of you have been really helpful, others have been downright ignorant
Buy whatever @andrew1220 recommends. If it didn't break or blow up on Andrew, that means it will last a lifetime for you with minimal maintenance.

To the OP, now that you,ve decided what you want another thing to consider is would a shorter trigger pad, a mag button, slim grips and semi extetended slide release make it fit your hand even better

To the OP, now that you,ve decided what you want another thing to consider is would a shorter trigger pad, a mag button, slim grips and semi extetended slide release make it fit your hand even better
Those will be the fun questions I get to answer as I grow with the pistol!

OP, I know you’ve already made up your mind. But I can’t help putting in another plug for the EMP. If you really do have small hands like me, the .25 inch difference in the width of the EMP vs a “normal” 1911 is very noticeable. I really like my all my 1911s, but with my small “girly” hands the EMP really fits me like a glove. Just saying.

So let me hijack this with a question, any dealers in MA stock Nighthawk Customs pistols or is strictly order one and wait? May have a small bit of cash coming my way, enough for a NHC and this has been a want for a long time.

So let me hijack this with a question, any dealers in MA stock Nighthawk Customs pistols or is strictly order one and wait? May have a small bit of cash coming my way, enough for a NHC and this has been a want for a long time.
I'm pretty sure that Nighthawk Dealers are required have to have 8-10 pistols on hand at all times. Dean Safety is a Nighthawk dealer.

Last edited:
My only interest in 9mm 1911’s was to start shooting them for steel challenge/ Walls of Steel. It was getting real expensive to shoot .45 for all the competition stuff I do so I started shooting my G19 at challenge one day, and quickly decided I just need to get a 1911 in 9mm. My first was a Frankengun I bought off someone here used, and it served me well even when the slide developed a crack. I then got a new Colt competition which has also done me good but I did replace some parts with Ed Brown and WC parts. They both run great when I do my part on QC of my reloads which is the only ammo I put through them.

ETA: I replaced the cracked slide on the Frankengun with a Rock Island slide and it runs nice.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom