80% AR build/build party in Nahsua, NH --LAST CALL--

Wait , one nemore guy needs your services. [smile]Me.
What did you think of the Calguns jigs Dave?
I will get up there this week if you still have your machine at Adams.

They look good, however one of the two jigs we got had two left plates and one
of the top plates was machined wrong. GoldDiggie and I made the spacer blocks
for all the jigs yesterday while we were waiting for the three no shows. I will get
the bolts we need to bolt the spacers on to one of the jig sides today.

There may be some other mods to use them on 80% billet lowers but we will have to
see one to do the mods.

Malodave

The second box of jigs (five of them) are complete from aimsmall/Jerry. So, we just need the replacement top plate, and side plate, to make one of the other two usable. Or he can send us the drill bushings/guides and we can look to install them here.

The second box of jigs (five of them) are complete from aimsmall/Jerry. So, we just need the replacement top plate, and side plate, to make one of the other two usable. Or he can send us the drill bushings/guides and we can look to install them here.

We need the side with the drill bushings in it, not just the bushings. Plus the new top plate that was machined wrong.

I picked up the screws for the spacers this morning.

Malodave

We need the side with the drill bushings in it, not just the bushings. Plus the new top plate that was machined wrong.

I picked up the screws for the spacers this morning.

Malodave

Yeah, I forgot the sides are different.

I'll try and remember to bring my billet down next time, not all billets have the same profile though.

If we can at least validate they work with certain billet lowers, that will help. We can create a list of billet lowers that they will work with, to help people along.

We should have the two 5/8" end mills back from the sharpening service by Tuesday (end of day). Might even get them back on Monday.

Due to no-shows and such, we're getting ready to make it more of 'by appointment only'. IF the people that have said they were going to buy items I'm selling would actually man up and do it, I'd be able to order up my own mill.

Of course, I also want my own mill so that Dave can bring his home for his own projects.
could you use a full sized mill? Its not a Bridgeport, but it is of the same size for comparison. I have a friend that has been trying to offload one for short money. If you are interested I will check that he still has it, and how much he wants for it.

could you use a full sized mill? Its not a Bridgeport, but it is of the same size for comparison. I have a friend that has been trying to offload one for short money. If you are interested I will check that he still has it, and how much he wants for it.

PM sent

For reference, the basement has about a 7-1/2' ceiling in it. So, whatever I get (if not bench type) needs to be good with that. I'd also need to get larger mills (even larger bench type) down in pieces, through the bulkhead (so less stairs to go down).

height is 6'10" still waiting on the model info, I'll pm you when I have it. I'll also take a good look at it myself and see if it can be easily broken down.

height is 6'10" still waiting on the model info, I'll pm you when I have it. I'll also take a good look at it myself and see if it can be easily broken down.

It's not just breaking it down, but how large are the pieces, and what kind of clearance do you need to put it back together. It might not be viable for where I am. I pretty much have the $$ to order the HF mill now. If your friend doesn't want too much for his mill, and it can be brought here, then we can talk. Since I'm in a residential area, I only have single phase power. Unless he includes a phase converter (single to three), that would be another hurdle.

Even with the HF mill, I'll still end up spending another $150 to add DRO's and give it more vertical travel.

Can those that still need to come up to get raw lowers (including coming up to machine them) send me a PM? Trying to figure out how many people still need to come up to get/process their lowers.

We will be open for people to process lowers on Sunday (6/30) this weekend (got other plans for Saturday). Next weekend will be available too, but you need to PM me that you're coming up. If no one sends a message about coming up, I'll assume no one is (at least for that day) and make other plans. As always, the start time is 9:30am (arrive at that time, or after that) until about 10pm.

If you want to get a machined lower Cerakoted, contact Dropride about pricing and such. You can drop off the lowers/items with me, so that it's easier on you and Dropride.

Picking up the sharpened 5/8" end mills shortly (got the call that they're ready). So, we'll have two [very] sharp, short, end mills to use. The new one Dave picked up is longer. We like using these shorter ones.

It's not just breaking it down, but how large are the pieces, and what kind of clearance do you need to put it back together. It might not be viable for where I am. I pretty much have the $$ to order the HF mill now. If your friend doesn't want too much for his mill, and it can be brought here, then we can talk. Since I'm in a residential area, I only have single phase power. Unless he includes a phase converter (single to three), that would be another hurdle.

Even with the HF mill, I'll still end up spending another $150 to add DRO's and give it more vertical travel.

good point about reassembly. I will keep that in mind when I look. As for power, I'm almost positive its single phaze, but I will check that too. As for price, he needs to move it soon, so it will be a very reasonable price I assume. Since Im home alone and bored, Im gonna head down to look at it in a few. I will PM you with the info and my observations about disassembly later on.

good point about reassembly. I will keep that in mind when I look. As for power, I'm almost positive its single phaze, but I will check that too. As for price, he needs to move it soon, so it will be a very reasonable price I assume. Since Im home alone and bored, Im gonna head down to look at it in a few. I will PM you with the info and my observations about disassembly later on.

Will be interesting to see what he wants for it and such. I can't/won't commit to buying it until I can see it though. There are a few things that I already know to check on. I'm also looking to do some more precision work with it, so not sure if one that size is a good idea (at this time).

I just looked, and first I was wrong, it is 3 phaze. I thought he used the single phaze cord for his welder to power it, but apparently the small grinder that is next to it is actually 3 phaze, so he uses that cord. '

As far as size, after taking a good look at it, I dont think its really feasible to get it into your basement. Even if it could be broken down, the base is enormous and likely extremely heavy. He estimated the total weight to be about 1500lbs.

I kind of figured that's what you'd find.

IF I come across a decent/good mill (locally) before the end of the weekend, I'll get that one. Otherwise I'll be ordering up a HF mill at the start of the week.

Golddiggie PMs sent

I wasn't talking to YOU about sending PM's... I want those who PAID FOR LOWERS to PM me about coming up and such... I've not read your 6 #$%^&*()ing PMs yet since I pretty much consider them SPAM at this point. Stop sending messages within minutes of each other. All you're doing is pissing me off and making me NOT read them.

IF you hadn't pulled back the 15 raw lowers the other weekend, I MIGHT have replied better. But you continue to do things to bugger the group. Meanwhile Malodave and I continue to try to HELP the group get through this all.

BTW, due to fiscal limitations, looks like I won't be ordering the mill just yet. Basically, I need to land a new job before I can spend the funds to buy one. I do have a phone interview coming up at 11am, so there's a chance I could be working within a couple of weeks. Not long after that I hope to have the 'spare' funds to order up the mill. I'd love to do this sooner, so that Dave can take his mill home. With how Wayne buggered the group, Dave has been pretty much without his machine for months now. So not only are people out lowers, Dave has been without his machine at home.

80% AR build/build party in Nahsua, NH --Sortie 2 on deck --

I pulled those lowers back because people in the buy wanted them. Were you going to ship them out?

You need to reply to the PMs I send as they are directly related to the buy.

If you are not up for the task of keeping me updated, I can just pick up the rest of the lowers now.

I pulled those lowers back because people in the buy wanted them. Were you going to ship them out?

If you are not up for the task of keeping me updated, I can just pick up the rest of the lowers now.

Hey asshat... I'm waiting to hear back from people in the build party. Get off your horse and wait for the info. Sending me that many F'ing messages doesn't do YOU any good. If anything, it confirms everyone's opinion of you.

I've sent a PM to those on the original list, that I do not have marked as having come up here to get the lowers. If you didn't get a PM from me, send me one.

Also, the following people still have refund envelopes up here. Wayne did NOT seal them when filling them. These are self-sticking envelopes mind you, so NO licking needed. He couldn't be bothered to peel the cover off the adhesive strip and seal them up. I did seal them up not long afterwards though.
Envelopes for: Thumper81; doctorbossman; neuro; and Bezo... I have been keeping these on the food fridge door, for when people come up/over.

Last edited:
Re: 80% AR build/build party in Nahsua, NH --Sortie 2 on deck --

Hey Wayne, FU*K YOU!! who do you think you are telling the one guy cranking out lowers that he needs to reply to your PM.

If you are so concerned about getting people their lowers, maybe, just maybe, YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE SOLD THEM ON GUN BROKER.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I'm slowly getting replies to the PM I sent the NES members on my list. I'm NOT going to give you any more lowers, or even reply to a PM, until I've gotten the info from all of them. To be blunt, I don't trust information from you. Everything you tell me has to be verified 10x before I'll consider believing it.

BTW, back on the actual processing subject... With the sharpened end mills we have increased chatter when going into the lower. I believe one of the mills is better than the other. Once I find out which is which, I'll be bringing them back to the sharpening place to find out what happened. We found this out with Gator9329's billet lower. Which fit into the aimsmall jigs without any modifications. No promises on them working with all billet lowers though.

Have had some promising calls today, for jobs... So, there's a good chance I'll be working soon, and will be able to get my own milling machine. That way, once Dave takes his home, I'll still be able to help people process lowers. Plus, do all the things I want with it. [smile]

80% AR build/build party in Nahsua, NH --Sortie 2 on deck --

Everyone remaining has been refunded as requested by Derek. With the exception of one member, who I am still trying to contact.

Have had some promising calls today, for jobs... So, there's a good chance I'll be working soon, and will be able to get my own milling machine. That way, once Dave takes his home, I'll still be able to help people process lowers. Plus, do all the things I want with it. [smile]

Sounds promising - good to hear it. Maybe you can afford some ammo and go shoot some of the rifles you have made too !! I'm hopefully going to Pelham F&G on Sunday as my first official day as a NH resident. You are welcome to come along as my guest GD.

Sounds promising - good to hear it. Maybe you can afford some ammo and go shoot some of the rifles you have made too !! I'm hopefully going to Pelham F&G on Sunday as my first official day as a NH resident. You are welcome to come along as my guest GD.

Depends on if we have people coming up to process lowers or not. If not, then I'll be game. Would like to put some time on my DPMS AR15, as well as my Para P14. Looks like decent enough weather on Sunday too...

Might be checking out an older mill tomorrow. Another NES member has communicated to me about it. IF I can power it up here at home, and get it into the basement (might be tight) it could be worth grabbing.

Just an FYI, when an end mill is new or newly sharp, you will sometimes get a bit of chatter just until the sharp edge dulls ever so slightly, then it will stop. You can also with t e very fine stone just lightly hone the edge the help it along too.

This is particularly prevalent when you have tools hanging out at longer lengths.

A "general" rule of thumb....High speed steel tools, try to keep to a maximum of 4 x's diameter hanging out. With carbide it's 6 x's diameter
There are times that you do need to extended beyond that rule of thumb, in those cases, lightening the chip and reducing the speed can help alleviate the chatter.

Good luck on the job front [grin]

Just an FYI, when an end mill is new or newly sharp, you will sometimes get a bit of chatter just until the sharp edge dulls ever so slightly, then it will stop. You can also with t e very fine stone just lightly hone the edge the help it along too.

This is particularly prevalent when you have tools hanging out at longer lengths.

A "general" rule of thumb....High speed steel tools, try to keep to a maximum of 4 x's diameter hanging out. With carbide it's 6 x's diameter
There are times that you do need to extended beyond that rule of thumb, in those cases, lightening the chip and reducing the speed can help alleviate the chatter.

Good luck on the job front [grin]

These are 5/8" bits... If you want to come over to check them out, and advise, let me know... Input from someone that actually does this stuff professionally would be greatly appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom