80% AR build/build party in Nahsua, NH --LAST CALL--

Plugs?? Interesting.

We used to mill a hub on where the front take down is located, that is solid as a forging, and center drill on the stock end and put it on a 4 axis mill, machine all features on a 4 axis vertical machine, then off to a Horizontal machine to complete the part. We did billet the same way, just involved a bit more stock removal

Like goldiggie said they put 2 holes in where the fcg is for their fixtures in the cnc machine. They had to stick a couple plugs in them as the atf would not let them leave the holes. Not really an issue as they get milled out anyways.

I made a couple more FCG pin install guides/tools yesterday. I plan on making at least one more. If people would like to buy these, let me know and we'll work something out. Otherwise, they will be available for use while you're here.

What are you asking?

No amount set at this point. I'm making a few brass versions right now. I might go for some stainless ones next, depending on if I can get my hands on some more brass round stock to use. I might even use some of the smaller brass hex rod I picked up not that long ago. Should be interesting turning that on the lathe. lol

Ares just got back to me.. "The jigs just came in and have not even been checked in yet. We don't have
any forged 80% in yet."

Wonder how many weeks before they show up at this point. Really, there are jigs readily available (via the link posted in the group buy thread) that are just like what dropride has been loaning us. Where we DON'T need a top plate on them to keep it together. With how we're processing the lowers, we leave the top plates OFF the jig. We're using a scribed line (from the pocket shape plate) as the guide along with things learned from processing the lowers. At this point, I think we'd be FAR better off with the OTHER jigs than the months delayed TM jigs. Especially since the superior jigs are also less expensive with FAST turnaround time (the guy makes them in house and then sends them out).

Now some of us jumped ship from Winter's fiasco, and got in on Dropride's GB. The parts are in now.
Will there be a build party for these? I haven't followed this thread much as it's on 67 pages.

I know we're still waiting on jigs from Winter correct?
If ther build party is going to be soon or jigs will be coming in soon, I won't drive to Dropride to get my lowers until the build party date if that is fine with everyone invloved.

Thanks guys!

I'm not segregating (or discriminating against) those who jumped from winter's fiasco and got their items from Dropride. You can still come on up to process your lower(s) when we're available. Weekends are still the standard hours (let us know you're planning to come up, otherwise we might not be here). We can help people out during the week too (more limited there, since Malodave really needs his beauty sleep).

If you want, see if Dropride will bring your items down to my place (as he did with Gator9329's stuff)... I can hold them here until you come up to machine what needs to be. Would mean less logistical issues that way.

I've said it before, but I'm going to say it again... If you're looking to come up either weekend day, you really need to either post it in this thread, or shoot me a PM that you're coming up and an ETA. Any time after 9:30am on Saturday and Sunday works. During the week, after about 6pm works. We have a 'cut-off' time, during the week of about 10pm (+/-). Saturday is later, Sunday depends on if Dave has work in the morning (until I start a new job then we'll set the stop time accordingly). With it taking about 2-2.5 hours to machine each lower, we should be able to get more than a few done each day. Once we get more good jigs, we'll be able to move the side hole drilling off to either drill press to free up the mill sooner. I still need to sell a few items before I can afford to purchase a small mill of my own.

Now some of us jumped ship from Winter's fiasco, and got in on Dropride's GB. The parts are in now.
Will there be a build party for these? I haven't followed this thread much as it's on 67 pages.

I know we're still waiting on jigs from Winter correct?
If ther build party is going to be soon or jigs will be coming in soon, I won't drive to Dropride to get my lowers until the build party date if that is fine with everyone invloved.

Thanks guys!

They have been using my jig while waiting for the others to come in. I can drop yours or anyone elses stuff of at Golddiggies if your planning on milling your lower there.

They have been using my jig while waiting for the others to come in. I can drop yours or anyone elses stuff of at Golddiggies if your planning on milling your lower there.

Even if they're not going to machine the lowers here, I'm more than willing to be a 'distribution point' for people. Probably be easier to schedule people getting their items that way.

Thanks guys for the offer, I think i'm going to pick up my gear from another NES'r.

I can wait until the AA jigs come in.
I'm a newb to the whole milling process, i knew it wasn't going to be easy but I didn't realize it took 2.5 hours to finish a lower. looking forward to this learning experience! I got 2 for a reason!

Thanks guys for the offer, I think i'm going to pick up my gear from another NES'r.

I can wait until the AA jigs come in.
I'm a newb to the whole milling process, i knew it wasn't going to be easy but I didn't realize it took 2.5 hours to finish a lower. looking forward to this learning experience! I got 2 for a reason!

Don't know how the TM jigs (from Ares) are going to impact things. Dropride's jig is making things pretty easy at this point. Since I believe the TM jigs are held together with the top 'master plate' there could be additional work needed to get them to a similar ease of use level. Basically, we'll be looking into holding the side plates together with screws, from the side, not the top.

I'm looking into getting a jig akin to what Dropride has, for myself. We had to tweak his jig last weekend to work with billet lowers with larger mag well flares (externally). There are some other enhancements we're thinking about too (set screws to hold the four pins in place so they don't fall out/move on us). Since this jig is NOT ours, we are clearing any changes with Dropride before performing them. We did discuss some of the additional enhancements last weekend, so it's just a matter of when they're performed now. His jig was already sweet when we got our hands on it. We're just looking to return it as an even more useful/stable jig.

I got 2 lowers from Derek's group buy myself. Looking to get in on a party to mill them out. Let me know if you have any room and if so, if there is anything I could get/do to help out.

I got 2 lowers from Derek's group buy myself. Looking to get in on a party to mill them out. Let me know if you have any room and if so, if there is anything I could get/do to help out.

Both weekend days are still pretty open. I think we're good with bits and end mills at this point. Send me a PM when you have an idea on a time frame you're thinking of coming up.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?p=10032860

Just got this message from my friend on calguns. I had a couple of questions from members here about them. I am a bit busy and honest (kidding) to run a group buy on these. I could get a couple if there is some interest. I don't have a time for delivery on these. I will ask if this moves on.

"I have a brand new jig coming out in about a week, they will be similar to the tan AR10 jig that I have posted on the GB thread except they will be OD green and made specifically for AR15 80's. Please see post #1 in the group buy thread for payment options (link in my sig). They are going to be $110 shipped. Thanks, Jerry"

Billet AR15+AR10 80% lower group buy Jan 2013

Last edited:
I repaired the top link. It was just a lazy cut copy on me.
I am not sure if you have to register to see it.
I hate when guys link to sites like that.
It is a good site to browse though
It is a lot of guys stuck behind the walls of evil oppression like us and they build tons of cool shit

Re: 80% AR build/build party in Nahsua, NH --Sortie 2 on deck --

I got my jig from aimsmall. I'm part of that QD buy but in the july/august group over there.

Sent from my rotary phone

My only 'issue' is sending a MO across the country. He won't do PP and I don't have a Chase account.

You just have to go online and make an account with them, although you have to link it to a bank account like paypal. That's all i did. Depending whats going on right after work tomorrow i was thinking of coming down and doing a lower, i have to drop someone elses stuff off as well.

PM replied to... Was helping ninemilshooter finish processing his lower.

IF you have a LPK also, at least bring the FCG part of it (trigger, disconnect, hammer, selector and springs). We have one in the basement now (person it belongs to hasn't come up to get it yet).

June 15th is out (at least after noon time). My niece is having her graduation party that day, and I'll be going. Normal schedule will be for the 16th though.

I met malodave at the gun show in Concord today and got a look at his completed paperweight, looks good. I just did one but on the other coast (Ares) and may be looking to do another. I used no roll pins on my paperweight, opting to tap holes for 4-40 set screws and use drill rod instead of rollpins. For the trigger Guard I have been using Magpuls with a mod I found on Ebay,,Magpul Moe AR Trigger Guard Installation Upgrade Screw Kit | eBay
The seller also sells the trigger guards already assembled with this mod, but is so easy to do I cant see bothering.

Back
Top Bottom