80% AR build/build party in Nahsua, NH --LAST CALL--

The 80% buy i just did was about half the price of those forsaken ones.

Sent from my rotary phone

That's what I was thinking... Plus they need to update the pictures to reflect the actual lower, since the ones in the picture do NOT have the mag wells completed.

On the forsaken arms website their lowers don't go to be milled out till the 17th of june . So that is why the mag wells are shown as solid. I am watching them because they are forged not billet and I prefer forged over billet. My last paperweight was a TM, which I can longer get through the person I got it from.

I met malodave at the gun show in Concord today and got a look at his completed paperweight, looks good. I just did one but on the other coast (Ares) and may be looking to do another. I used no roll pins on my paperweight, opting to tap holes for 4-40 set screws and use drill rod instead of rollpins. For the trigger Guard I have been using Magpuls with a mod I found on Ebay,,Magpul Moe AR Trigger Guard Installation Upgrade Screw Kit | eBay
The seller also sells the trigger guards already assembled with this mod, but is so easy to do I cant see bothering.

WHen you get the trigger guard mod items, post up what they actually are. Or bring them up/over so we can check them out before you install.

I'm also looking for the spec's on the screw that some billet lowers use for the bolt catch (instead of the pin).

Planning to be here... Trying to get the RD run figured out, but that could be either weekend day. It might be better to go after the start of a new month, so we get the better prices on some items (beef is often a bit cheaper through the 14th or 15th of each month).

Jig update

Working with Gator9329 to get the viable/good jigs instead of the TM jigs. Order should be placed shortly, and hope to get a tracking number soon after (if they get shipped with a carrier that tracks well). Hope to have them here within about a week (coming from CA). These are pretty much identical to the jig Dropride has been loaning us to use.

Dave (Malodave) and I will be working on the jigs once they arrive, to implement our improvements. If anyone is interested in helping out on that aspect, shoot me a PM. We'll be looking to get some more aluminum round stock to make into spacer blocks.

If you want specific details to the differences between the TM jigs and the aimsmall jigs, PM me. From what I've seen, the aimsmall jigs are much better, even as they come. Once we're done with them, they'll be even better.

Re: 80% AR build/build party in Nahsua, NH --Sortie 2 on deck --

What size round stock do you need? I have some various sizes laying around.

What size round stock do you need? I have some various sizes laying around.

Figure anything in the 3/4" to 1" range will work. Don't want to have to turn down too much to get it to fit right. But also don't want it too small to start with. Going to be making 2 spacers per jig... Just like we did with your jig.

order received and confirmed from manufacturer. order is being processed for shipment. he will include tracking number.

Figure anything in the 3/4" to 1" range will work. Don't want to have to turn down too much to get it to fit right. But also don't want it too small to start with. Going to be making 2 spacers per jig... Just like we did with your jig.

I have some 1" round, one is a ft long other is 3ft long. Depending on how much you need.

I have some 1" round, one is a ft long other is 3ft long. Depending on how much you need.

We're looking at using 3-4" for each lower (leaving enough for error and such). The 3' long piece should be all we need. But if you want to donate the other piece too, we won't turn it away. [laugh] I'm looking to make a tap guide block before this coming weekend. Basically, holes in a faced piece of round stock that helps guide the taps into what you're using them in.

Specs for changing the bolt catch from a roll pin to a shaft as follows, tap hole to 4-40, no drilling is required as hole is already correct for the tap. use a 4-40 set screw ,125 in length and screw in the left one ( I loctited mine) I cut the end off a 5/32" drill bit and test fit it, adjust length till it will fits in the hole and able to take the other 4-40 set screw flush to the receiver. Once happy with the fit assemble/install bolt catch and Loctite the second 4-40 set screw in place, but not so tight that it binds the shaft. I did this on my second build, at some point I will go back and do it to the first one also.

jigs should ship on Wed from CA will update with any news I have.

Any update on the jigs shipping?

Also, how many are planning on coming over this weekend? Next weekend, the 29th is going to be used to [finally] make the Restaurant Depot run. We'll be open/available for the 30th though.

message out to Jerry at 11:00 p.m. tonight EDT. I will update with what he sends me

Got two of the jigs today. Wondering when the other five will arrive. I'll take some pictures later to compare them with the TM jigs.

Oh, and I have the chuck light installed on my drill press now...

canyousee.jpg the_LIGHT.jpg

I ordered some of those leds today

33 strips (3 LEDs per strip) of them are rather bright... Can hardly wait to get the battery pack so I can make the hand-held unit (with 23 strips). Then I just need to locate a decent power 2.5-3" [OD] magnifying glass to put on top of it.

I suspect I'll barely need to use the other light on the drill press moving forward.

Just be sure to get some 12v wall worts/power supplies for the LEDs... Most cell phone chargers are 5v, and won't work for this.

Well three people were supposed to show up today and process their lowers. Not one showed up.
I am getting tired of loosing my weekends to help others when I have other things I can be doing.
I can't do some things because my mill has been over at Goldiggie's for the past three months.

I am ready to pull the plug on the build party here.

Malodave

Wait , one nemore guy needs your services. [smile]Me.
What did you think of the Calguns jigs Dave?
I will get up there this week if you still have your machine at Adams.

Due to no-shows and such, we're getting ready to make it more of 'by appointment only'. IF the people that have said they were going to buy items I'm selling would actually man up and do it, I'd be able to order up my own mill.

Of course, I also want my own mill so that Dave can bring his home for his own projects.

Back
Top Bottom