.460 Rowland

I haven't, but I did try a .400 CorBon which is also a drop in conversion, and it was one hot little shooter.

I ended up going back to 45ACP because I could not get my hands on any more ammo. Put 60 rounds through it with no issues, very accurate.

I have a conversion kit for A G21.. Haven''t installed it yet. With the muzzle brake flush, the action is OOB. I think I need to back it off and pin it with a grub screw. The 1911 is easier, as the whole barrel pops out through the front.

I have done conversions in Glocks and 1911's. It is a real fun round to shoot, however if you want to try something a little different do a 9x25 Dillon conversion on a Glock or a 1911. The 9x25 Dillon is a necked down 10mm, and if you don't load it is still available from Double Tap. You can get the 9mm 115gr bullet moving at 1800fps through a 5in. barrel.

I have a conversion kit for A G21.. Haven''t installed it yet. With the muzzle brake flush, the action is OOB. I think I need to back it off and pin it with a grub screw. The 1911 is easier, as the whole barrel pops out through the front.

Rowland recommends using Loctite and I read that the conversion kits now come with it. Have you tried using Loctite?

can you locktight something that's not bottomed out on the threads?

That was my question. And yes.. I have the red locktight.

I'm not sure on something like the Rowland compensator. If the instructions don't mention it, maybe contacting Rowland will help out.

i have the kit from clark's on a springfield 1911. one very fun gun to shoot and pretty accurate as well. i worked up a load using 185gr xtp's ( or barnes - dont have my data in front of me) and longshot, and was getting almost 1575fps with them.

Back
Top Bottom