• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

.460 Rowland

CRSIII

NES Member
I'm thinking about converting my S&W 1911 to .460 Rowland, but figured I would chek here first. Clark custom has the kit, does anyone here have exprience with / opinions about this product? I like the concept alot, .44mag ballistics in my 1911, especially as a trail gun. Any thoughts?

I have a conversion for my Colt commander. I have had some extraction problems when shooting 45 acp in the 460 barrel. However three of my friend bought the barrel for thier S&W 1911 and have not experienced any problem at all. In my opinion It is one of the most accurate barrel conversion I ever shot. When shooting the 45 acp there is almost no recoil or muzzle flip. To shoot the Rowland you must be a reloader due to the cost of the ammo. You can pickup the brass at Starline. Your over all lenght is critical due to the fact the Rowland fits into the 1911 mags. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom