• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2023 MA Gun Ban: House has engrossed H.4139, waiting on Senate

I know it was 7 and a half years ago, but is the Healey edict worth revisiting in light of this new bill? Is there a chance it was designed and presented with an eventual law in mind, maybe to minimize the state’s exposure if that law didn’t include grandfathering?

Where are all the rank and file cops standing up against these chiefs?
Somewhat guessing here, but I don't think MCOPA polled all of it's membership and there was a spontaneous & unanimous flip from totally against to completely for. 😒 I think some small group at the top made the decision knowing in advance that once cops were exempt, it was yeah, let's go do it! :mad:

Somewhat guessing here, but I don't think MCOPA polled all of it's membership and there was a spontaneous & unanimous flip from totally against to completely for. 😒 I think some small group at the top made the decision knowing in advance that once cops were exempt, it was yeah, let's go do it! :mad:

I personally believe there was some backdoor deal regarding legislation or something else (completely unrelated to this bill), support this gun control bill and we will or won't do or propose/pass this.

Any LE officer enforcing ANY of their dumb ass stipulations gives up their rights to "Implied Immunity" and will be sued along with the department / agency they are working for....City or Town Insurance will not cover any of it.....So good luck with any of this BS.

Title 18, U.S.C., Section 242 - Deprivation of Rights Under Color of Law​

Politicians, Governor they are all culpable...

This statute makes it a crime for any person acting under color of law, statute, ordinance, regulation, or custom to willfully deprive or cause to be deprived from any person those rights, privileges, or immunities secured or protected by the Constitution and laws of the U.S.

This law further prohibits a person acting under color of law, statute, ordinance, regulation or custom to willfully subject or cause to be subjected any person to different punishments, pains, or penalties, than those prescribed for punishment of citizens on account of such person being an alien or by reason of his/her color or race.

Acts under "color of any law" include acts not only done by federal, state, or local officials within the bounds or limits of their lawful authority, but also acts done without and beyond the bounds of their lawful authority; provided that, in order for unlawful acts of any official to be done under "color of any law," the unlawful acts must be done while such official is purporting or pretending to act in the performance of his/her official duties. This definition includes, in addition to law enforcement officials, individuals such as Mayors, Council persons, Judges, Nursing Home Proprietors, Security Guards, etc., persons who are bound by laws, statutes ordinances, or customs.

Punishment varies from a fine or imprisonment of up to one year, or both, and if bodily injury results or if such acts include the use, attempted use, or threatened use of a dangerous weapon, explosives, or fire shall be fined or imprisoned up to ten years or both, and if death results, or if such acts include kidnapping or an attempt to kidnap, aggravated sexual abuse or an attempt to commit aggravated sexual abuse, or an attempt to kill, shall be fined under this title, or imprisoned for any term of years or for life, or both, or may be sentenced to death.

Politicians, Governor they are all culpable...

This statute makes it a crime for any person acting under color of law, statute, ordinance, regulation, or custom to willfully deprive or cause to be deprived from any person those rights, privileges, or immunities secured or protected by the Constitution and laws of the U.S.

This law further prohibits a person acting under color of law, statute, ordinance, regulation or custom to willfully subject or cause to be subjected any person to different punishments, pains, or penalties, than those prescribed for punishment of citizens on account of such person being an alien or by reason of his/her color or race.

Acts under "color of any law" include acts not only done by federal, state, or local officials within the bounds or limits of their lawful authority, but also acts done without and beyond the bounds of their lawful authority; provided that, in order for unlawful acts of any official to be done under "color of any law," the unlawful acts must be done while such official is purporting or pretending to act in the performance of his/her official duties. This definition includes, in addition to law enforcement officials, individuals such as Mayors, Council persons, Judges, Nursing Home Proprietors, Security Guards, etc., persons who are bound by laws, statutes ordinances, or customs.

Punishment varies from a fine or imprisonment of up to one year, or both, and if bodily injury results or if such acts include the use, attempted use, or threatened use of a dangerous weapon, explosives, or fire shall be fined or imprisoned up to ten years or both, and if death results, or if such acts include kidnapping or an attempt to kidnap, aggravated sexual abuse or an attempt to commit aggravated sexual abuse, or an attempt to kill, shall be fined under this title, or imprisoned for any term of years or for life, or both, or may be sentenced to death.
1709074970538.png
They got their carve out so f*ck you.

What other thread?

What are you talking about SBR's?
probably the other 157 page thread going on about the Senate bill. It is hard to keep up, I know. Just trying to help you out and trying to keep up myself.

I think we need to continue with the phone calls , emails and letters to these committee members and put more pressure on them. If we can overwhelm them they may back off, one can hope.

I think we need to continue with the phone calls , emails and letters to these committee members and put more pressure on them. If we can overwhelm them they may back off, one can hope.

Ya that should do it. Wait. Haven’t we been trying that for about half a century in this state now? I think we need another plan.

HEY!!!!

GOAL surpassed 21,000 members. Whoever stepped up I'm damn proud of you. Something like 50K Lic holders in MA so lets keep the numbers rising.

Even at 21K if over the course of a yr we all chip in 100 bucks that's over 2 mil per year.

Keep COMM2A financially sound as well.

I want to say we can do this, and we can, but the reality is we must do this. Everything is on the line.

HEY!!!!

GOAL surpassed 21,000 members. Whoever stepped up I'm damn proud of you. Something like 50K Lic holders in MA so lets keep the numbers rising.

Even at 21K if over the course of a yr we all chip in 100 bucks that's over 2 mil per year.

Keep COMM2A financially sound as well.

I want to say we can do this, and we can, but the reality is we must do this. Everything is on the line.
500,000 LTC holders in MA

According to the most recent statistics from the Massachusetts Firearms Record Bureau, there are 497,237 people with active licenses to carry in the state as of April 2022. There are 24,215 people with an active firearms identification card (FID) in Massachusetts.Jun 23, 2022

According to the most recent statistics from the Massachusetts Firearms Record Bureau, there are 497,237 people with active licenses to carry in the state as of April 2022. There are 24,215 people with an active firearms identification card (FID) in Massachusetts.Jun 23, 2022
Darn zeros.......gggeezzzz.....do I hope for 100,000 GOAL MEMBERS!!!

yeah when you put it that way it really makes that 21K number seem super small, kinda takes all of the steam out of the announcement

"California Gov. Gavin Newsom’s push to inscribe gun restrictions in the U.S. Constitution. Newsom’s office has contacted Healey’s office about his proposed 28th Amendment, a spokesperson for Healey confirmed. But her office declined further comment"

And there are still people that will try to tell you she has no intention to make a run at the white house. And at the same time we all know that Newsom does.

View: https://www.instagram.com/p/C5E-kubqcMD/

I wish GOAL and the 2 or 3 other 2A organizations will stop sending me spam mail, don’t need the whole neighborhood knowing I have guns.

I used to have a neighbor that would put up political signs for whatever Democrat was running, plaster her car with whatever ultra liberal bumper sticker she could find, all that moonbat crap.

I used to buy NRA memberships using her name and address. I can only imagine the look on her face every time she would see NRA membership mail addressed to her. Anyone on my street puts out a communist party political sign or bumper sticker gets a free NRA membership. That was my policy way back in the days where the NRA was a pro-2A org. I guess now I’d use GOA or FPC.

Back
Top Bottom