• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2023 MA Gun Ban: House has engrossed H.4139, waiting on Senate

My bad; my brain is absolutely fried. The question I'm asking is this: If I were to buy a pcc would it be considered illegal if this bill passes? (Basically, should I not waste my hard earned money).
That all depends if your PCC has any of these features named within the bill:

1. “Assault weapon”, shall include, but not be limited to: (i) any of the weapons, or copies
  2. 76 or duplicates of the weapons, of any caliber, identified as: (a) Avtomat Kalashnikov, or AK, all
  3. 77 models; (b) Action Arms Israeli Military Industries UZI and Galil; (c) Beretta Ar70 (SC-70; (d)
  4. 78 Colt AR-15; (e) Fabrique National FN/FAL, FN/LAR and FNC; (f) SWD M-10, M-11, M-11/9
  5. 79 and M-12; (g) Steyr AUG; (h) INTRATEC TEC-9, TEC-DC9 and TEC-22; and (i) revolving
  6. 80 cylinder shotguns including, but not limited to, the Street Sweeper and Striker 12; (ii) a
  7. 81 semiautomatic rifle that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least 2 of the
  8. 82 following: (a) a folding or telescoping stock; (b) a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously
  9. 83 beneath the action of the weapon; (c) a bayonet mount; (d) a flash suppressor or a threaded barrel
  10. 84 designed to accommodate a flash suppressor; or (e) a grenade launcher; (iii) a semiautomatic
  11. 85 pistol that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least 2 of the following: (a) 4 of 35
  12. 86 an ammunition magazine that attaches to the pistol outside of the pistol grip; (b) a threaded barrel
  13. 87 capable of accepting a barrel extender, flash suppressor, forward handgrip or silencer; (c) a
  14. 88 shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel and that permits the
  15. 89 shooter to hold the firearm with the nontrigger hand without being burned; (d) a manufactured
  16. 90 weight of not less than 50 ounces when the pistol is unloaded; or (e) a semiautomatic version of
  17. 91 an automatic firearm; and (iv) a semiautomatic shotgun that has at least 2 of the following: (a) a
  18. 92 folding or telescoping stock; (b) a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of
  19. 93 the weapon; (c) a fixed magazine capacity in excess of 5 rounds; or (d) an ability to accept a
  20. 94 detachable magazine; provided, however, that “assault weapon” shall not include: (A) any of the
  21. 95 weapons, or replicas or duplicates of such weapons, appearing in Appendix A of 18 U.S.C. 922
  22. 96 on September 13, 1994, as such weapons were manufactured on October 1, 1993; (B) any
  23. 97 weapon that is operated by manual bolt, pump, lever or slide action; (C) any weapon that has
  24. 98 been rendered permanently inoperable or otherwise rendered permanently unable to be
  25. 99 designated as a semiautomatic assault weapon; (D) any weapon that was manufactured prior to
  26. 100 1899; (E) any weapon that is an antique or relic, theatrical prop or not capable of firing a
  27. 101 projectile and which is not intended for use as a functional weapon and cannot be readily
  28. 102 modified through a combination of available parts into an operable assault weapon; (F) any
  29. 103 semiautomatic rifle that cannot accept a detachable magazine that holds more than 5 rounds of
  30. 104 ammunition; or (G) any semiautomatic shotgun that cannot hold more than 5 rounds of
  31. 105 ammunition in a fixed or detachable magazine; provided further, that a weapon shall be
  32. 106 considered a copy or duplicate of a weapon identified in subclauses (a) to (i), inclusive, of clause
  33. 107 (i) if: (I)(a) the weapon is a semiautomatic rifle or handgun that was manufactured or
  34. 108 subsequently configured with an ability to accept a detachable magazine; or (b) a semiautomatic
5 of 35
  1. 109 shotgun; and (II) the weapon has internal functional components that are substantially similar in
  2. 110 construction and configuration to a weapon identified in said subclauses (a) to (i), inclusive, of
  3. 111 said clause (i) or the weapon has a receiver that is the same as or interchangeable with the
  4. 112 receiver of a weapon identified in said subclauses (a) to (i), inclusive, of said clause (i); provided
  5. 113 further, that a receiver shall be treated as the same as or interchangeable with the receiver of such
  6. 114 an enumerated weapon if it includes or accepts at least 2 operating components that are the same
  7. 115 as or interchangeable with those of such enumerated weapon; and provided further, that if a
  8. 116 weapon, as manufactured or originally assembled, is an assault weapon, it shall remain an assault
  9. 117 weapon even if it is altered by the seller.

The following carbine has
(a) no folding or telescoping stock;
(b) no pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon;
(c) no bayonet mount;
(d) no a flash suppressor or a threaded barrel be designed to accommodate a flash suppressor;
(e) no grenade launcher.

Honestly at this point, no one knows.

I’d say buy it and roll the dice.

Lots of us have things that “might” be “bad”…

We won’t know until me know.

As I said, most of us are felons in waiting.

At least have some fun while you wait.

This.

You're living under the thumb of people who want you scared and confused, @dukeofsoul

Your question indicates you've let them convince you they're right to want you scared and confused.

Stop being scared and confused. Buy what your conscience and temperament lead you to buy. Use it in peace and happiness, like a free man. And if a tyrant tries to punish you for it later? Well, you should follow your conscience and temperament on that, too.

They cannot enforce the laws on the books, and they will not be able to enforce new ones either. They rule you through fear, because they know you want to obey them. I used to be the same way, so I get it, but eventually I woke up and realized they don't deserve my obedience.

That all depends if your PCC has any of these features named within the bill:

1. “Assault weapon”, shall include, but not be limited to: (i) any of the weapons, or copies
  2. 76 or duplicates of the weapons, of any caliber, identified as: (a) Avtomat Kalashnikov, or AK, all
  3. 77 models; (b) Action Arms Israeli Military Industries UZI and Galil; (c) Beretta Ar70 (SC-70; (d)
  4. 78 Colt AR-15; (e) Fabrique National FN/FAL, FN/LAR and FNC; (f) SWD M-10, M-11, M-11/9
  5. 79 and M-12; (g) Steyr AUG; (h) INTRATEC TEC-9, TEC-DC9 and TEC-22; and (i) revolving
  6. 80 cylinder shotguns including, but not limited to, the Street Sweeper and Striker 12; (ii) a
  7. 81 semiautomatic rifle that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least 2 of the
  8. 82 following: (a) a folding or telescoping stock; (b) a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously
  9. 83 beneath the action of the weapon; (c) a bayonet mount; (d) a flash suppressor or a threaded barrel
  10. 84 designed to accommodate a flash suppressor; or (e) a grenade launcher; (iii) a semiautomatic
  11. 85 pistol that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least 2 of the following: (a) 4 of 35
  12. 86 an ammunition magazine that attaches to the pistol outside of the pistol grip; (b) a threaded barrel
  13. 87 capable of accepting a barrel extender, flash suppressor, forward handgrip or silencer; (c) a
  14. 88 shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel and that permits the
  15. 89 shooter to hold the firearm with the nontrigger hand without being burned; (d) a manufactured
  16. 90 weight of not less than 50 ounces when the pistol is unloaded; or (e) a semiautomatic version of
  17. 91 an automatic firearm; and (iv) a semiautomatic shotgun that has at least 2 of the following: (a) a
  18. 92 folding or telescoping stock; (b) a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of
  19. 93 the weapon; (c) a fixed magazine capacity in excess of 5 rounds; or (d) an ability to accept a
  20. 94 detachable magazine; provided, however, that “assault weapon” shall not include: (A) any of the
  21. 95 weapons, or replicas or duplicates of such weapons, appearing in Appendix A of 18 U.S.C. 922
  22. 96 on September 13, 1994, as such weapons were manufactured on October 1, 1993; (B) any
  23. 97 weapon that is operated by manual bolt, pump, lever or slide action; (C) any weapon that has
  24. 98 been rendered permanently inoperable or otherwise rendered permanently unable to be
  25. 99 designated as a semiautomatic assault weapon; (D) any weapon that was manufactured prior to
  26. 100 1899; (E) any weapon that is an antique or relic, theatrical prop or not capable of firing a
  27. 101 projectile and which is not intended for use as a functional weapon and cannot be readily
  28. 102 modified through a combination of available parts into an operable assault weapon; (F) any
  29. 103 semiautomatic rifle that cannot accept a detachable magazine that holds more than 5 rounds of
  30. 104 ammunition; or (G) any semiautomatic shotgun that cannot hold more than 5 rounds of
  31. 105 ammunition in a fixed or detachable magazine; provided further, that a weapon shall be
  32. 106 considered a copy or duplicate of a weapon identified in subclauses (a) to (i), inclusive, of clause
  33. 107 (i) if: (I)(a) the weapon is a semiautomatic rifle or handgun that was manufactured or
  34. 108 subsequently configured with an ability to accept a detachable magazine; or (b) a semiautomatic
5 of 35
  1. 109 shotgun; and (II) the weapon has internal functional components that are substantially similar in
  2. 110 construction and configuration to a weapon identified in said subclauses (a) to (i), inclusive, of
  3. 111 said clause (i) or the weapon has a receiver that is the same as or interchangeable with the
  4. 112 receiver of a weapon identified in said subclauses (a) to (i), inclusive, of said clause (i); provided
  5. 113 further, that a receiver shall be treated as the same as or interchangeable with the receiver of such
  6. 114 an enumerated weapon if it includes or accepts at least 2 operating components that are the same
  7. 115 as or interchangeable with those of such enumerated weapon; and provided further, that if a
  8. 116 weapon, as manufactured or originally assembled, is an assault weapon, it shall remain an assault
  9. 117 weapon even if it is altered by the seller.

The following carbine has
(a) no folding or telescoping stock;
(b) no pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon;
(c) no bayonet mount;
(d) no a flash suppressor or a threaded barrel be designed to accommodate a flash suppressor;

(e) no grenade launcher.

I'm actually very new to all this. Waiting for my ltc arrive (it's been approved and awaiting activation). I was actually thinking of picking up the ruger pc carbine as my first firearm (I'm not really a handgun guy).

Honestly, I hear so much fear over legal ownership of certain things (e.g. late model Glocks) that you would think they had small portable nukes.

The fear is real and this is how they win vs real laws.

I was watching the 7/2016 Healy deal on here. I read 1000 + posts and saw only the fearful comply at the end of the day.

No one got jammed up (knock on wood)

I'm actually very new to all this. Waiting for my ltc arrive (it's been approved and awaiting activation). I was actually thinking of picking up the ruger pc carbine as my first firearm (I'm not really a handgun guy).
U may not have enough time as they will ban all semiauto rifles soon,get a semiauto 308 rifle,lot of mags and ammo if u can. Go big.

Back
Top Bottom