• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2015 Fishing/Ice Fishing Thread

Got out for the Meredith Rotary Derby up at Lake Winni last weekend, for the 5th year, with two of my buds. One has a place on nearby Lake Kanasatka, where we do all our fishing. I bring my own sled, jigging pole and tackle, but have been using his tip-ups, power auger and gear.

On the way back, I hit Bass Pro and got the same Strikemaster Solo auger on sale, as well as some tip-ups, skimmer, bait bucket and bubbler. I rigged it all up yesterday and am looking at the storm dump another foot of snow on the lakes in SoNH. So maybe next weekend...

Anyone fish near MHT? I hear Massabesic has poor fishing, and don't see any Bob houses on nearby Glen Lake, so am not sure where to go. Lake Potanipo in Brookline has a derby, cancelled this weekend, so that might be a start.

Got 4 Yellow Perch and a Pickerel (below) - great weekend!

20b0c0eaf8984a2aadd74794e101e0a1.jpg
0c0af9c1e772ef28ee11653377610ad7.jpg

Last edited:
Got on the ice today. Awesome weather.....jeans and flanel shirt weather. A little slush on top but not bad. 17 inches of ice. Crazy flag chasing lost count of how many decent pickerel we landed. Got one good bass and even a catfish! Only one shiner left so thats a good day.

I bought a Tica GCA800 Ultra Light Reel for $20 on sale. Awesome little reel for a jigging rod or UL set up. Well built and a couple nice features - the handle folds and has a button at the "elbow" so you don't have to unscrew the retaining screw to get it to fold. Smooth, quiet and anti-reverse is solid.

Last edited:
^ Drove around last week and nothing at my favorite spots yet. Even my go-to early season river just off-Cape was locked solid. And still been too cold to do much melting.

I went fishing in 30mph wind last saturday, not pleasant, water was still very cold, the action is heating up this week though, I will be getting out sunday and hope to get a couple big bass as they are picking up their eating

acquaintances of mine lucky enough to be able to fish during the week are killing it the last 2 days

First day out and first bass in the boat. Hopefully not going to be the biggest catch of the year but the smile on his face is all that really matters.

image.jpg

I decided to wet a line late yesterday afternoon in the pond behind my house, on the first cast I caught a 13" pickerel which was a good way to start the season for me. I snapped a picture and sent it to my son, he immediately sent me a reply with pictures of what he and his friend caught yesterday in Plymouth. Maybe I should have gone to Plymouth.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender-12.jpg
    FullSizeRender-12.jpg
    225.6 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG959718.jpg
    IMG959718.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG957382.jpg
    IMG957382.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 44
Hoping to get my new-to-me set-up out on the water soon. Just got the Fish Finder/GPS working today. I need to re-rig it with new bungee cord and get a new seat.

Kayak_zps3kbxpaqc.jpg

First fish of the year, excluding ice.
Nice when my 16 year old interrupts my yard work and garage cleaning at 4:00pm to ask, "Can we take the canoe out and go fishing?" The yard work can always wait...!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    231.4 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
Nice kayak dude. I got one last year, love fishing from it. I'm sure you will too.

Thanks, I only have $200 into what's pictured there, so it's good to get me started.

I've done some kayaking in the past, but never fished from one. Planning on trying it out on a small pond tomorrow.

Congamond Lake... Southwick MA/Suffield CT

its 5 min from my house and has a nice ramp/parking.

I don't go near the place on a weekend though. Too crazy for me.

Back
Top Bottom