• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2015 Fishing/Ice Fishing Thread

Went fishing at Lake Quinsigamond this morning. Wanted to see how the DownScan screenshots would come out. Second shot is one of the I290 bridge pilings.

LakeQuinsig7.3.15_zps0erwr1re.jpg

Quinsig290Bridge_zpsafw39s1i.jpg

Went fishing at Lake Quinsigamond this morning. Wanted to see how the DownScan screenshots would come out. Second shot is one of the I290 bridge pilings.

LakeQuinsig7.3.15_zps0erwr1re.jpg

Quinsig290Bridge_zpsafw39s1i.jpg
That's pretty cool. I didn't know you could do that with the Dragonfly. I've really got to read the directions. [rolleyes]

Left the dock at 430 this am got into the macs at martins early. Few small schoolies 4 small blues. Nothing worth a pic. Still a nice morning tho

Success! Fished Dug Pond by Natick HS this morning.

This here is my first Bass ever and my first fish in 15 or 16 years. Felt weight by hand, best guess was around 2 lbs.

success!.jpg

Also caught around half a dozen blue gills of various sizes and a small, small mouth bass.

Took a friend of mine going through some BS out fishing trying to get his mind off things. We had more luck at Dug Pond in Natick. Two large mouth, one small mouth and a couple assorted sunfish.

I'm still trying to figure out the Texas rig. thinking I might need to switch from mono to braid and use a lighter weight.

Yeah that was what I thought when pulling it out but it had no teeth and didn't fight like a blue. I haven't seen it before and I could identify it with the fish chart I have either.

My daughter Hannah with a small Barracuda in the Gulf...Impressive set of teeth even at that size.

View attachment 145667View attachment 145666
That's pretty cool. I came face-to-face with one while snorkeling in Maui. It came out of nowhere. Pretty spooky looking fish. Now I know why they told us not to wear jewelry or wedding bands while diving. They will take your finger right off.

I was fishing in the kayak after supper last night not having much luck, I caught a couple of small bass and a crappy but really not what I was looking for. I decided to stay after dark because the night was warm the water was like glass. I was rewarded with this beauty at about 8:30 and even caught a few more smaller fish also. IMG_3430.jpg

The past few years I've had Albies on the brain but never had the chance to go for them and couldn't reachthem from shore. I got a last minute call Wednesday to go out Thursday AM looking for them. We found them and a ton of them. If your like me and love the sound of drag screaming and fighting fish I can't recommend enough putting in the time to find them. Anyone looking for a great affordable charter guy PM me, I'll give you some info. This one was my first ever Albie ,just shy of 12# ! I'm told that is a big albie as they usually average 7-8# or so..I understand why people get "addicted" to catching these fish.
11893819_10206584962816110_578418084741478429_o.jpg

Since I haven't seen anyone post a pic of one here yet, here's a Sea Robin from the surf this morning. Caught half a dozen the past few days on epoxy jigs.

seaRobin9.11.15_zpsimo6vmc8.jpg

Went fishing in Lake Murray SC on vacation last week. I caught nothing except for a tree and a couple sticks.

My wife, who has told me that fishing is boring and she didn't want to try, finally came around. She caught her first ever fish. My 5' ultra light is now "her" rod. Guess I can use this as an excuse to buy another ultra light and a medium heavy rig?
first fish.JPG

Back
Top Bottom