20 y.o. MA resient, NH House

Hello,

I've searched without many helpful results... I'm 20 years old and hold a MA F.I.D. My question is if I can carry, and if so How I can carry in the state of New Hampshire. I own property in NH, and spend a lot of time in the woods that i would like to be armed for.

Any insight appreciated

Residency or where you own houses has nothing to with what I'm about to say.

In NH you may buy, own and open carry firearms with no license.

You may not conceal carry without a permit. You may not carry a loaded firearm in your car without a concealed permit.

You may have the gun and a loaded mag right next to it on the seat. There are no transportation or safety laws other than no loaded rifles/shotguns in car, which is actually a poaching law.

A non-res conceal carry permit is shall issue and costs $100 for five years. You fill out a form and mail it in. That's it. If you're not a felon you will get the permit without ever talking to a police officer.

great thanks, and that would only pertain to open carry correct?

Unsure of your question.

You may open carry loaded pistols and long guns of any type in NH. We frequently carry loaded Rifles to rallies. People will not call the police on you. People will not care you're carrying a firearm.

We frequently carry loaded Rifles to rallies.

e4y8evar.jpg

xtry, thank you. thats what i thought. over 18 y.o. does not need anything to open carry in the state of NH, correct?

I love NH. My only concern was running into a game officer and him asking to see my id/permit and only having a MA license being an issue. I see now that it will not be. hopefully I will be picking up a sig 2022 before fall

Must be 21 to purchase handgun ammo, so make sure to specify its for your 9/40/45 "carbine"

Can conceal unloaded, as long as chamber empty and mag out. Mag can be on person.
If you open carry, pistol can not be loaded in the car without the permit.

Back
Top Bottom