• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

20 questions LTC Quiz

I just got my LTC in Woburn this summer. For all those questioning, yes there is a quiz. It was all multiple choice or True/False, but the questions were somewhat tough due to how specific they were. The best of my memory:

- They asked what you are allowed to do/own with an FID (and age requirements)
- How long do you have to notify after a change of address (and specifically WHO to notify)
- How long you have to challenge a suspension of license (and to which court...I think the question was district vs superior)
- Do you need a FID to carry Mace

There were a lot of questions about timing (how long you have to do X or Y) and questions about who you notify when X or Y happens.

If you study the 1988 Mass gun control legislation they have linked on their site you will be good.

FYI - I got 2 of 20 wrong and they just told me the correct answers. Had no effect on me getting my license or not. But I don't know if it would have changed things if I got a bunch wrong.

I just got my LTC in Woburn this summer. For all those questioning, yes there is a quiz. It was all multiple choice or True/False, but the questions were somewhat tough due to how specific they were. The best of my memory:

- They asked what you are allowed to do/own with an FID (and age requirements)
- How long do you have to notify after a change of address (and specifically WHO to notify)
- How long you have to challenge a suspension of license (and to which court...I think the question was district vs superior)
- Do you need a FID to carry Mace

There were a lot of questions about timing (how long you have to do X or Y) and questions about who you notify when X or Y happens.

If you study the 1988 Mass gun control legislation they have linked on their site you will be good.

FYI - I got 2 of 20 wrong and they just told me the correct answers. Had no effect on me getting my license or not. But I don't know if it would have changed things if I got a bunch wrong.

Reminds me of my driver's license test 40 years ago, questions like "What is the proper distance to signal before a turn? a) 50 feet b) 55 feet c) 70 feet (d) 60 feet"

It's like who the f*ck cares!?

Reminds me of my driver's license test 40 years ago, questions like "What is the proper distance to signal before a turn? a) 50 feet b) 55 feet c) 70 feet (d) 60 feet"

That is exactly how I felt. No chance I would remember some of those specifics if I hadn't read them the night before. And, like any sane person, I would obviously look up the law if I needed the info.

And who the f**k is going to stop and get out of the car to measure. [rofl]
Cuz that's the only way to get it right you know. ;)

The question is, What color is GREEN? The answer is $22 . All the answers are green.
Move out of Woburn if they are going to test you.

my first license was from woburn, 1970. had to sit with the chief for a grandfatherly chat. the station was in the basement of city hall. he sent me across the street to the library to read the mass general laws on firearms and come back. "any questions?" "nope" "ok, then, we're all set here. don't shoot anyone now, son, alright?" "nope" fade to handshake and gc leaves the building. very true.

Does anyone have any examples of what types of questions on a MA. LTC quiz? I'm applying in Woburn Ma. I know...I know...RED
This is the same as it was 10 years ago when I first got licensed in Woburn. Maureen used to hand you the the docs to study. If you study you will do fine. If you get stuck ask for help. But make the effort to study. Yes none of this is required by the state. Yes it is an infringement on your 2A rights but you can vote with your feet and move or choose to stay and play the game.

Chelmsford had a similar quiz thing going in the early 80s, plus they had long wait times for appointments. The provided the study materials, questions like: "what's the penalty for x? --answer: not less than y years in HOC or z years in some other jail". Stuff like that.
I don't remember the exact timeline, but I remember applying for permit in Chelmsford, and during the wait for appointment, I found and bought a house in another town, applied for and had permit in new town for two or three months before Chelmsford called to schedule quiz/ interview.

In MA, the correct answer could be

A) never
B) while you are turning the wheel
C) 500-6,000 feet prior (only if over 75)

Back
Top Bottom