18" shotguns at Bass Pro?

A few months ago ot seemed like they only carried 26" or so shotguns. I'm looking for an 18 or 20" Remington 870 or similar with wood or sythetic stocks. Is it woth taking another trip down there or do they usually not carry them? Also, how is their shotgun pricing? Is it on the high end? Thanks in advance!

I have a Winchester 1200 (model number IIRC) I like. Not sure if they still make them or if the model # is different.

Why not give the gun counter at BP a call and ask them. It's been a few weeks since I was there and I honestly don't look at their long guns, so I can't offer a direct answer to your question . . . but I suspect that you'll get a legit answer by calling and asking.

If it were Tuesday, I'd suggest calling ZHA and asking as well.

I may have to take a trek up to the DSG in Pittsfield one weekend. I'm not a huge fan of the one in Westside.

was just there Friday... sadly... I only looked at the hand guns... sry.

they seemed to have a rather large selection, but cant promise on the SG sizes.

they had pleanty of ammo though.

Dicks always has the Moss 500 and the rem 870 (Brockton) when I go in.

I was also in there Friday around noon. Ammo supply wasn't super but there was some other then .40

The handguns were down to one shelf for semis and one shelf for revolvers. Two weeks ago the cabs for pretty stocked......

Sorry I did not check long guns.

Edit: forgot to mention while I was checking ammo a husband and wife with 2 kids were buying some. Brought a smile to my face to see the wife picking out what she needed and being bummed out on missing some calibers......Evidently another shooting family!

Last edited:
A common alternative to the 870 is the Mossberg 500. Dick's usually has them in the 18" variety w/ a 8+1 capacity (Full length mag tube)

8 + 1? Are you sure about that? The 20" 500A is 7+1 and the 20" 590A1 is 8+1. I cant see an 18" mossberg 500 being 8+1.

I was there today. The only short barreled shotgun I saw was a Remington 870 with an extended mag tube, synthetic stock. Nice looking gun.. going for around 350 I think.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom