+1000000 for the good guy ***UPDATE*** - Wilbraham, MA

How refreshing! The marksmanship of the armchair Xbox shooter. Probably never even picked up a handgun, let alone fired one...[rolleyes] Wing the bad guy in the arm!!!!

Saints preserve us...

Really, you should just shoot him in the right Achilles Tendon, they'll go right down and won't be able to run away. You can then call your local PD and have them respond when they can. [rolleyes]

Really, you should just shoot him in the right Achilles Tendon, they'll go right down and won't be able to run away. You can then call your local PD and have them respond when they can. [rolleyes]

Dang! Why didn't I think of that...brilliant! Then the cops can trace the trail of blood from the limping or crawling bad guy as he makes his escape!!

I'm glad I never got shot in my crazy youth. On 2 separate occasions did I get so passing out drunk that I went to and entered the wrong place! Once was a hotel room and the guy threw me out the door (literally) and I was so drunk I passed out on the asphalt in the hotel parking lot. 2nd time was in apartment complex. Passed out on someone's floor (door was open), woke up and left at 5a.m. I assume they never knew a drunk was passed out on their living room floor!

This was 20 years ago, but thinking about it now, doesn't seem too smart on my part...[smile]

Right down the road from my house. Last month a woman was held hostage in her own house by drug dealers. Wife is a freaking out a bit. I may just get her to learn to shoot sooner than later.

Check out the original post....I updated it with a new news article on the shooting.

SELF DEFENSE! NO CHARGES!!!

Who'da thunkit in MA

Tiedyeguy said:
lubav413, you completely failed to get the big picture, didn't you? I am not uncomfortable around guns, am a more than proficient shot with firearems- with a rifle, shotgun, and especially a pistol. And, I in no way advocating for anyone to cease having the ability to learn how to and shoot a weapon for recreational and huning purposes. I am wholeheartedly against private gun ownership for one reason- so humans cannot kill other humans, as it's never jutified. The murderer referenced in the above story may have had multiple less lethal options for defending his property (which still doesn't justify his murdering), but due to having a gun he took the cowardly lazy way out and ended the life of a fellow human being needlessly.

This is why there is a national and international movement to sieze every individual's firearm (it's ok I am all for fair compensation for the weapons- say book value to make it fair).

Don't for a second underestimate our collective resolve, we are not going to lose the debate, and when we are triumphant and gun deaths ended you will see how wrong you were. We don't let any private citizen possess weapons of mass destruction, nor should we allow them to posess weapons of indiviual destruction.

Don't you think it's quite silly to be wanting to play with guns and try and kill people, when we clearly have evolved the ability to know it's morally wrong and unjustifiable?

I stand corrected, he's serious. [thinking]

Well, it sucks that it had to come to this. I'm not blaming the homeowner at all as the
guy seemed to have been under something (alchohol, drugs, whatever), but it still sucks
that he's dead.

I know this is the standard disclaimer for all victims:

"Friends of Gatti said Friday the account of the shooting simply does not
jibe with the gentle, non-violent man they've known for years."

That's a pretty long list of things he will need to ban. Baseball bats, knives (well, he is probably a vegan anyway), chains, pipe... I know, we can regulate the crap out of everything. That always works.

I wonder if he was attacked he would fight back?

This is why there is a national and international movement to sieze every individual's firearm (it's ok I am all for fair compensation for the weapons- say book value to make it fair).

Don't for a second underestimate our collective resolve, we are not going to lose the debate, and when we are triumphant and gun deaths ended you will see how wrong you were.

Yea, that's working out real well for the UK. Moron.

From the article-"If I opened the door and someone I didn't know came in and wouldn't leave, I'd call the police," he said. "

Oh really? Good luck with that.

You have to love how the gun grabbers make the initial attempts to paint themselves as well informed experts on the subject matter as they try to defend their positions that only the police and the military should have guns.

Here's what he meant! (Spelling Intact) suggesting he may have been frothing all over the keyboard as he wrote the nonsense.

Originally Posted by Tiedyeguy
lubav413, you completely get the big picture, didn't you? I am uncomfortable around guns, I know little about them, the second amendment or criminal behavior. I advocate everyone cease having the ability to learn how to and shoot a weapon for recreational and huning purposes. I am wholeheartedly against private gun ownership for one reason. Someone may use the weapon to defend themselves and humans can kill other humans, as it's never jutified. The home owner is a murderer in my opinion because he had no right to self defense and had multiple less lethal options for defending his property such as a wistle, the police or a set of sharp keys. (nothing will ever justify his self defense) Due to having a gun he took the cowardly lazy way out and ended the life of a fellow human being needlessly when he just should have allowed himself to be a victim.

This is why there is are cowardly insignificant people like myself which promote national and international movements to sieze every individual's firearm (I am all for fair or no compensation for the weapons).

Don't for a second underestimate our 20% of the populations collective resolve, we are not going to lose the debate, but if we were partially triumphant and gun deaths continue you will see how wrong we were. We allow criminals to possess weapons of mass destruction becuse our laws apply simply to people whom obey them. We should never allow lawfull citizens to posess weapons of indiviual destruction.

Don't you think it's quite silly for the criminals to try and kill people, when we clearly have evolved the ability to know it's morally wrong and unjustifiable?

Last edited:
Just for fun I came up with an alternate scenario that also meets all of the facts as we know them-

Gatti: Knocks on door of Homeowner (named Mr. Smith) at 8pm
Smith: Looks out peep-hole, sees and recognizes, Gatti, opens door
Gatti: "Smith, I'm tired of you blowing me off, I really need that $5,000 I loaned you"
Smith: Turns his back and walks into his living room
Gatti: Follows him in
Gatti: "Smith, I'm serious, when you came to me begging for money because of your stupid bets on the Kentucky Derby, I took out a damn credit card advance to help you out"
Smith: "How the hell was I supposed to know a 50 to 1 shot was going to take them damn thing??"
Gatti: "I don't care about the damn bet! I helped you out and I need the money back!"
Smith: "Okay, I have a partial payment, follow me into the bedroom"
Gatti: "Great, thanks Smith!"
Gatti: Follows Smith into back room
Smith: Reaches into top drawer, grabs revolver, turns to face Gatti
Gatti: "What the EFF Smith!? Fine, don't pay me! Just don't shoot!!"
Smith: "Eat lead you stupid mother-effer!!!" BLAM-BLAM

The End.

There's far too little info to make any determination. I really don't like the way this feels.

BTW, from a legal storage standpoint, was the firearm holstered or under lock and key with the ammo in a separate area? If it's under lock and key and he's threatened, how do you have the time to unlock and load without being attacked if you face certain immediate danger?

Just for fun I came up with an alternate scenario that also meets all of the facts as we know them-

Gatti: Knocks on door of Homeowner (named Mr. Smith) at 8pm
Smith: Looks out peep-hole, sees and recognizes, Gatti, opens door
Gatti: "Smith, I'm tired of you blowing me off, I really need that $5,000 I loaned you"
Smith: Turns his back and walks into his living room
Gatti: Follows him in
Gatti: "Smith, I'm serious, when you came to me begging for money because of your stupid bets on the Kentucky Derby, I took out a damn credit card advance to help you out"
Smith: "How the hell was I supposed to know a 50 to 1 shot was going to take them damn thing??"
Gatti: "I don't care about the damn bet! I helped you out and I need the money back!"
Smith: "Okay, I have a partial payment, follow me into the bedroom"
Gatti: "Great, thanks Smith!"
Gatti: Follows Smith into back room
Smith: Reaches into top drawer, grabs revolver, turns to face Gatti
Gatti: "What the EFF Smith!? Fine, don't pay me! Just don't shoot!!"
Smith: "Eat lead you stupid mother-effer!!!" BLAM-BLAM

The End.

[rolleyes]

From the article-"If I opened the door and someone I didn't know came in and wouldn't leave, I'd call the police," he said. "

Oh really? Good luck with that.

This guy has never been the victim. He's never had someone hold a gun to his head. He's never had the feeling of wondering if you are going to get shot or worse.

I know that feeling. I've been there. I described the incident here:

http://northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=815593&postcount=21

I have a right to defend myself. I have a right to protect the lives of my family. I have a right to live a life free from threats of scumbags.

I would love to see how his point of view might change should he be victimized. I'm not suggesting at all I want this to happen to him... to anyone at all. But events in our lives can and do impact our thinking. Unless you've been there, it is impossible to know.

For those that believe we should not have a right to defend ourselves, try if you can to imagine a dirtball holding a gun to your head. The bad guy had a gun... he does not care about the laws. He does not care about your life, liberty or freedom. Seems the least a law abiding citizen can do is have the right to defend themselves.

Best,

Rich

I didn't say that's what happened, I said from the amount of information we have, there is nothing in that scenario that I presented that doesn't go along with the facts as we know them. (person comes to door, door is opened, not forced, intruder is unarmed, intruder follows homeowner into house and into back room, there is yelling, the intruder is shot- that's all we know)

As far as I'm concerned, if you enter someone else's house uninvited, whatever happens to you is tough sh*t. You have to give the homeowner the benefit of the doubt, even if the intruder is unarmed and doesn't touch the homeowner, as in this case. Too bad for intruder.

There's still not enough info in the story for me to tell one way or the other definitively who was right. I'm a bit suspicious that he actually had time to retrieve and unlock his gun in the immediate presence of a threatening bad guy. If I were a bad guy (I'm not!) threatening real violence, I can't imagine letting the intended victim do that. If the bad guy was so drunk out of his mind that he didn't even know which apartment he was in nor did he have enough wits about himself to realize the person is going for his gun and is about to shoot... then maybe he wasn't that much of a threat.

My personal observations of losers drunk out of their minds is that they may be acting belligerent, but they usually don't seem all that dangerous to me. Its usually pretty easy just to get out of their way. I've had drunk losers in Boston try to come at me, and they normally just fall on their face if I run. They also can't change directions quickly either... that can be used to your advantage.

Just saying. Nothing definitive. Personally, I would have offered my surprise guest some herbal tea and offered to let him vent about all his personal problems to me. At the end, I would have gone away satisfied that I helped another fellow human being, and he would have gone away feeling better about things.

There's still not enough info in the story for me to tell one way or the other definitively who was right. I'm a bit suspicious that he actually had time to retrieve and unlock his gun in the immediate presence of a threatening bad guy. If I were a bad guy (I'm not!) threatening real violence, I can't imagine letting the intended victim do that. If the bad guy was so drunk out of his mind that he didn't even know which apartment he was in nor did he have enough wits about himself to realize the person is going for his gun and is about to shoot... then maybe he wasn't that much of a threat.

My personal observations of losers drunk out of their minds is that they may be acting belligerent, but they usually don't seem all that dangerous to me. Its usually pretty easy just to get out of their way. I've had drunk losers in Boston try to come at me, and they normally just fall on their face if I run. They also can't change directions quickly either... that can be used to your advantage.

Just saying. Nothing definitive. Personally, I would have offered my surprise guest some herbal tea and offered to let him vent about all his personal problems to me. At the end, I would have gone away satisfied that I helped another fellow human being, and he would have gone away feeling better about things.

Who said anything about unlocking a gun? If that were my house, and I didn't already have the gun on my person, retreating to arm myself would only consist of about 3 steps.

Originally Posted by Tiedyeguy
lubav413, you completely failed to get the big picture, didn't you? I am not uncomfortable around guns, am a more than proficient shot with firearems- with a rifle, shotgun, and especially a pistol. And, I in no way advocating for anyone to cease having the ability to learn how to and shoot a weapon for recreational and huning purposes. I am wholeheartedly against private gun ownership for one reason- so humans cannot kill other humans, as it's never jutified. The murderer referenced in the above story may have had multiple less lethal options for defending his property (which still doesn't justify his murdering), but due to having a gun he took the cowardly lazy way out and ended the life of a fellow human being needlessly.

Don't for a second underestimate our collective resolve, we are not going to lose the debate, and when we are triumphant and gun deaths ended you will see how wrong you were. We don't let any private citizen possess weapons of mass destruction, nor should we allow them to posess weapons of indiviual destruction.

Don't you think it's quite silly to be wanting to play with guns and try and kill people

Its worse than you think, he's a
210_animated_ninja.gif
!

Back
Top Bottom