+1000000 for the good guy ***UPDATE*** - Wilbraham, MA

Look at this moron.

brende58 said:
Sounds like there's a lot missing from this story.The paper said "the man came inside without permission and then refused to leave"I don't see anything about the man forcing his way into the home or threatening the home owner.If he didn't recognize the person why didn't he close the door and call the police if he felt in danger of this person?I have to stay tuned on this for up dates that's for sure.

And this one.

tiedyeguy said:
Oh no, even firing once is an act of murder and excessive force.

This is why firearms need to be banned for everyone, countrywide.

This homeowner should be sentenced for a very long time.

The victim of the intrusion told police he went to the door when he heard the sound of someone trying to enter. Upon opening the door, the resident did not recognize the person, who came inside without permission and refused to leave, police said.

Not a criticism of the victim, but a suggestion for others: check who it is before opening the door. If you don't recognize the person, don't open the door.

Not a criticism of the victim, but a suggestion for others: check who it is before opening the door. If you don't recognize the person, don't open the door.

+1 I never open without seeing who it is first.

Interesting though. The article says the deceased lived at the same condo complex.

caption of the picture said:
Woodcrest Condominiums, 2205 Boston Road, Wilbraham, was the scene of a fatal shooting Thursday night in which police said a homeowner killed an intruder.

Law enforcement officials identified the deceased as David P. Gatti, 29, of 2205 Boston Road, unit C25.

I'm guessing drunk and stupid picked the wrong condo for his own. Got more stupid inside the wrong condo and got zapped.

This 'tyedyeguy' sounds like he's joking... at least I hope he is. His reaction seems simplistic and stupid. Then again most people adamantly against guns fit that profile. [thinking]

This 'tyedyeguy' sounds like he's joking... at least I hope he is. His reaction seems simplistic and stupid. Then again most people adamantly against guns fit that profile. [thinking]

He has a longer comment about the same thing lower in the comments section.

Oh boy... This is what we are up against.
Posted by tiedyeguy on 05/08/09 at 12:20PM
Even firing once, is an overreaction of excessive force, and this is why all firearms must be banned nationwide.

Only the insane want an industry that does nothing but make weapons to kill fellow humans.

Let this be an example and motivation to once and for all end the nightmare know as gun ownership.

This one is my favorite so far .............. a highly trained LTC holder for sure. [thinking]

Posted by amj1965 on 05/08/09 at 1:14PM

It is too bad it had to happen at all. When shooting try not to kill someone- disable them-
shot for the leg's etc.

AMJ

edited before google's tin-foim powered robots could index me...

now if only ephemeratta would get rid of the rest of the evidence. prank caller! prank caller![laugh]

Last edited:
I like the sarcastic one about 2 shots being "excessive" and that shooter needed more secret practice to be able to drop perp in one shot.

2uzypv8.jpg

I like flags. This one's my absolute favorite

"On the fifth day of amendments my true love gave to me - I'm not telling."

Last edited:
i changed the tone of most of my posts... i guess i saw the light in another thread. could you edit my internet-tough-guy-ness out of your post please? [grin]

edit: dude. awesome. [laugh]

Last edited:
I think regardless of what may or may not have happened, the shooter will not face charges. The facts are still shady, but it sounds like he was cleared hot to escalate. Although, the shooter did seem to be in condition white when he answered the door. Why open [the door] if the individual is not welcome, and further, why answer the door without a weapon? Had the shooter been in condition yellow/orange, it is likely that none of this would have occurred.

I knew the Departed and saw him at a 10 year reunion in November 2008. He was a big dude in high school and was still an imposing looking individual November. I wonder how big the shooter was? I am sure the deceased individuals large stature will be detrimental to any type of wrongful death/manslaughter case that some entity may pursue.

Last edited:
I knew the Departed and saw him at a 10 year reunion in November 2008. He was a big dude in high school and was still an imposing looking individual November. I wonder how big the shooter was? I am sure the deceased individuals large stature will be detrimental to any type of wrongful death/manslaughter case that some entity may pursue.
Is he the type to get sh!t faced drunk?

Back
Top Bottom