• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

šŸŽ¬ Blockbuster Video Website has Resurrected !! Will they make a comeback?!

First time in over a decade... The blockbuster website suddenly came ALIVE Today!

Itā€™s been 19 years since the chain of video stores hit its peak with 9,000 locations worldwide ā€” and subsequently came crashing down.

I'm torn because right now I have 3-4 different subscriptions to different streaming platforms and I really would just prefer to have 1 that covers 90% of what I watch, and having one rotating sub for the oddball show I REALLY want to watch.
Back when netflix started, and before that, back when steam started, I had hoped competition would make the services better. Instead, they just promoted exclusivity contracts to make single show monopolies.

The famed Twitter CRE mogul @stripmallguy has been teasing that heā€™s signing leases with blockbuster for about a week. He apparently owns a ton of their former locations.

Good thing I still have my Blockbuster card

s-l500.jpg

Iā€™d love to see them back in the game but I think that ship has sailed.

What retard would fund someone leasing retail space in a mall/strip mall??? SVB??
Pretty sure internet streaming only. No money in storefronts. Redbox and ironically BlueBox , ruined that.

Screenshot_20230325_224902_Google.jpg

Pretty sure internet streaming only. No money in storefronts. Redbox and ironically BlueBox , ruined that.

View attachment 735977
Man I remember when Netflix sent DVDs through the mail!! It was pretty quick. And I donā€™t think I ever had an issue with scratched or broken DVDs eitherā€¦.

Streaming was like a bonus feature for people that had reliable internet at the time, which was no one.

Man I remember when Netflix sent DVDs through the mail!! It was pretty quick. And I donā€™t think I ever had an issue with scratched or broken DVDs eitherā€¦.

Streaming was like a bonus feature for people that had reliable internet at the time, which was no one.
That was right when they invented the PS2

Netflix still has a DVD by mail subscription.

Circa 2012/2013 I preferred Blockbuster's mail service as they didn't have the waiting period on new releases that Netflix did and they also offered video games for no additional charge.

I'll subscribe if they have Baywatch, Adventures of Brisco County Junior, Kung Fu the Legend Continues, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and Mister Roger's Neighborhood.

First time in over a decade... The blockbuster website suddenly came ALIVE Today!

Itā€™s been 19 years since the chain of video stores hit its peak with 9,000 locations worldwide ā€” and subsequently came crashing down.

Clever slogan for a reboot of the company.

Somebody had a brainstorm! The name recognition of Blockbuster is pervasive, like "Elvis" or "Jed Clampett".

Remember the bad publicity about throttling? If you tried to use Netflix via the red envelopes to the max, they would insert a delay in shipping out your next DVD when the old one was returned to prevent you from extracting too much value from your "unlimited" membership.

Remember the bad publicity about throttling? If you tried to use Netflix via the red envelopes to the max, they would insert a delay in shipping out your next DVD when the old one was returned to prevent you from extracting too much value from your "unlimited" membership.
I donā€™t. As much as I used it I was surprised how fast the next dvd would come.

I miss the days of my local video store when I was a teenager. Going into the ā€œadultā€ section partitioned off by string beads and perusing vhs covers with sketchy, greasy creeps, all the while avoiding eye contact.
The best was getting charged a $1 return fee for not rewinding because you always stopped the tape where you ā€œfinished.ā€ [rofl][rofl][rofl]

I miss the days of my local video store when I was a teenager. Going into the ā€œadultā€ section partitioned off by string beads and perusing vhs covers with sketchy, greasy creeps, all the while avoiding eye contact.
The best was getting charged a $1 return fee for not rewinding because you always stopped the tape where you ā€œfinished.ā€ [rofl][rofl][rofl]
Now you can just pick up your phone and rub one out. šŸ˜‚

Back
Top Bottom