‘Open Carry’ Gun Fight Moves to Target Stores

seriously though. if i saw some douche strutting around target with an ak slung around his back i would get the **** out of that store. that dude looks like a tool, but at the same time im not hanging around to see if he is trying to "make a statement" or is going to shoot the place up.

+1
I don't want to be there to see what might happen! Besides, don't bring a pistol to a rifle fight

+1
I don't want to be there to see what might happen! Besides, don't bring a pistol to a rifle fight

6ab.jpeg

The point some of our more enthusiastic friends here seem to be missing is that we are in a fight.
Want it or not we have it.
You win a war by being smarter , faster, stronger and a better strategist .
Ever seen anyone win a fight by jumping up and down waving thier pecker and yelling "Murica"?
No?
Me either.
We're either going to win by beating them using good strategy or stacking corpses.
I'd prefer the strategy route first.

The point some of our more enthusiastic friends here seem to be missing is that we are in a fight.
Want it or not we have it.
You win a war by being smarter , faster, stronger and a better strategist .
Ever seen anyone win a fight by jumping up and down waving thier pecker and yelling "Murica"?
No?
Me either.
We're either going to win by beating them using good strategy or stacking corpses.
I'd prefer the strategy route first.

The federal government is shitting all over us at every turn and you think that the legal system will restore our rights? You're dreaming.

The federal government is shitting all over us at every turn and you think that the legal system will restore our rights? You're dreaming.

Well if not, then the 3 box rule goes into effect.
Let's not let it be said we didn't do the right thing before it come to box 3 though.
Some of these anti's are pretty smart, but the majority?
If we can't outsmart the likes of the "shoulder thing that goes up", "high capacity assault clips", and "ghost gun" crowd, We're not trying too hard.
All we need to do is resist the urge to commit acts of dumb-assery.
I've spent a life time surrounded by gun owners, We ARE the better people.

I'm not going to out myself like the rest of you have done.......[smile]

But I will say if I saw someone OC'ing like this in my Target store, I would probably reach in my pocket to take the safety off.....and keep an eye on the guy.

Saying you aren't going to 'out yourself' followed by saying how scared you would be is 'outing yourself'.

seriously though. if i saw some douche strutting around target with an ak slung around his back i would get the **** out of that store. that dude looks like a tool, but at the same time im not hanging around to see if he is trying to "make a statement" or is going to shoot the place up.

Yes, guns are scary...

If I saw that at my local target I can tell you now I am shooting first and asking questions later.

Wow...

One of my personal issues with it is in all of the pictures I've seen, they don't leave them slung on their backs, they bring them around at some point parading for the pictures.

They're not just "going about their biz" with a gun with them.

You are right, a lot of those photos of them with the guns at low ready are just that, photo ops. I do agree, that is foolish. But unlike some of the people hear who would wet themselves, I recognize that they are just pointless photo ops.

This.

I am all for OC and rights. The problem is these OC protesters are not smart enough to realize that we are in a public perceptions war and the Actionless Moms are taking easy, maybe hollow, victories that they parade around when one of these companies comes out and asks people not to bring guns into their store.

Your all for OC but then it is a problem when people OC? That would be the opposite of being 'all for OC and rights' actually.

. The point these tools are trying to prove is lost on me, they'll just get stares and their 15 minutes on the news. We gain nothing from them.

Yes, it is lost on you. Why do you think they are carrying for your gain? As was said, your benefit (or anyones) is secondary to their rights.

I know I've said it before, but these people are jackasses.

They're the PETA of the gun rights movement.

Yes you have said it before. It's becoming redundant.

Why should I give a shit that this guy has a slung AK when most of us carry a pistol every day? Because its a rifle and has 30 rounds its bad?

****ing nes.

Who gives a **** about politics? Or the supreme court? You've said yourself that they've placed arbitrary restrictions on the 2A. Maybe these people simply don't GAF about politics or bought-and-paid-for judges, hold all government power in contempt, and simply want to be free to exercise their rights as free men as they see fit?

Who are we to demand that someone not exercise their rights so that WE may have a better political position? It's totally screwed up.

Sorry, your 'cause' is secondary to my rights.

Thank you!

I don't know what to say to this, so I'll just use this to express myself.

132842.gif

- - - Updated - - -

Mesmerizing. I love 아이유.

Last edited:
I was surprised and impressed at the initial statement from the NRA calling these nuts "weird". Hear us, CARRYING YOUR AR/AK/SKS/HIGHPOINT WHATEVER IN PUBLIC IS NOT HELPING OUR CAUSE. It will backfire, and create more restrictive laws. The people who that think its a great idea, probably look like these assclowns. When I see people like this at the gun store, I walk away so I don't have to hear about the which gun kills zombies the best. When I see them at the range, I pack up and leave so I'm not there when the police show up because their bumpfire stock put a round over the berm. If I saw them in a Starbucks.....I'd probably walk out of there with 2 new rifles.

DON'T BE THESE GUYS:

i'm thinking about starting a fake facebook page, joining mom's demand action, and starting a crusade to demand target change their name

after all the name target implies shooting---right????? i'm willing to bet a brick of cci .22 it would get a s**t load of likes

Saying you aren't going to 'out yourself' followed by saying how scared you would be is 'outing yourself'.

Yes, guns are scary...

Wow...

You are right, a lot of those photos of them with the guns at low ready are just that, photo ops. I do agree, that is foolish. But unlike some of the people hear who would wet themselves, I recognize that they are just pointless photo ops.

Your all for OC but then it is a problem when people OC? That would be the opposite of being 'all for OC and rights' actually.

Yes, it is lost on you. Why do you think they are carrying for your gain? As was said, your benefit (or anyones) is secondary to their rights.

Yes you have said it before. It's becoming redundant.

Thank you!

Mesmerizing. I love 아이유.

Seriously can you not recognize a bit of sarcasm?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

I cant think of a situation at target where I would think I needed an AK to protect myself, I'm not that paranoid. I think my CC hand gun that I take everywhere wit me would suffice. People like this are not helping anyone's cause except the anti's.

A great number of these people carry the guns unloaded/unchambered (good for us, bad for them). Some states require you to carry unloaded/mag out like CA. Its a show, to make a statement....and that goes against EVERYTHING sane that carrying a gun for personal defense stands for. Its also an instrument that can be forcibly taken from them easily if someone desired. And WHEN that happens, the laws will change quickly.
Nobody wants to see an unshowered, camoflauge wearing, rifle-toting asshat out in public. If you want to make a statement for gun rights, make a positive statement. Attend rallies, write your legislators, educate your friends and neighbors.
If you just want attention, pull your dick out at the mall.

Seriously?

I don't think this kind of thing is doing us any favors, either... (politically) but I'm not going to shit my pants in fear just because some guy has a rifle slung over his shoulder.

Every time one of these threads come up, none of the gun owners can explain why this scares them. Is it cause it scares the sheep and you feel left out if you're not shitting your pants alongside them? [laugh]

-Mike

No, it is because it is just abnormal and unnecessary.

That guy is a total buffoon. Leave it in the trunk, for Pete's sake!

Get a look at these two unshowered, camoflauge wearing, rifle-toting asshats!

a_2.jpg

Who do these clowns think they are carrying those assault rifles with their high capacity clips. They aren't doing us any favors or helping our cause.

I'm always leery of those who use their kids as political props, no matter what the cause.
rypezebu.jpg

So I guess that kid is carrying his .22 for "personal protection"? I guess I'm just glad it wasn't an UZI pistol....

:D. Its looks unloaded to.
I don't understand how people think carrying rifles in public will REDUCE reduce laws and restrictions, instead of increase them. Its unfortunate, but its the world we live in. Look at how they vote ...
I want more pro-gun protections, more concealed carry....I just don't get where rifles in public purely to antagonize fits in to that.

Most of you dongs live in MA where no one OCs for fear of "suitability" issues, yet your rights are under attack.... Explain to me how hiding your gun has saved you from more restrictive gun laws.

Most of you dongs live in MA where no one OCs for fear of "suitability" issues, yet your rights are under attack.... Explain to me how hiding your gun has saved you from more restrictive gun laws.

THIS. THANK YOU!

"but we can open carry, we just don't so they don't take away our "right" to open carry"
"open carrying leads to open carrying getting banned so you better not to do it"

nonsensical

For the NES sheep..

OCT said:
Did you know?

Prior to our policy change asking gun owners not to take long arms into businesses, OCT members always obtained permission from the local management prior to entering any establishment. Chipotle: permission sought an granted before entering. The manager still allows us to open carry, though we won't. Jack In the Box: permission sought and granted before entering. No one hid in a freezer and no one at the restaurant called police or complained to management. We were still invited back with our firearms, but we won't. Sonic: every Sonic in San Antonio that we visited gave us permission when we first sought it prior to arriving. In the recent video of members being asked to leave, they forgot to do this. Wendy's: permission sought and granted. The list goes on.

There are hundreds of businesses around the state that welcome us in every day. While we continue to appreciate their support of OCT and our mission, we are honoring our commitment to refrain from carrying long arms into businesses and remain focused on making Texas the 45th state to allow open carry of handguns and the 31st to do so without a license.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/OpenCarryTexas

THIS. THANK YOU!

"but we can open carry, we just don't so they don't take away our "right" to open carry"
"open carrying leads to open carrying getting banned so you better not to do it"

nonsensical
When you attempt to trample on people's property rights by demanding that your rights to open carry supercede them, politicians take advantage of this to try and shit on the entire prospect of open carry.

Walking down a Massachusetts street open carrying with a Class B is one thing. Going into a Target store, whether or not the store wants me to, is quite another.

When you attempt to trample on people's property rights by demanding that your rights to open carry supercede them, politicians take advantage of this to try and shit on the entire prospect of open carry.

Walking down a Massachusetts street open carrying with a Class B is one thing. Going into a Target store, whether or not the store wants me to, is quite another.

According to OCT... they got permission to open carry.

This is the issue..It DOES NOT matter what 80% of the middle of the road people think..We live in a republic..our rights are not up for debate..or a vote

So how do Constitutional provisions become law? How do Amendments get ratified?

Just food for thought for those who think the Constitution bars voting on the rights of the minority.

Back
Top Bottom