‘Open Carry’ Gun Fight Moves to Target Stores

You believe in the authority of the bible, enough said.

So what? Your freedom was given to you by your creator. I'm not telling you who created you, just that I recognize that you were born with these rights, and that nobody can take them away from you. You have to surrender them.

Why is so difficult to believe that there are people out there that don't comply with unjust laws?

Unjust laws? He said he doesn't recognize any authority except that which is reflected in his sig.

He has made a claim, one that is right on point with his arguments that are on topic for the thread. I'd love to watch him back it up, and exercise his Constitutional Rights from the (Constitution (the authority of which he doesn't recognize in the first place, of course)), take a video of himself open carrying, exercising his Constitutional Rights and entering into a Post Office.

Or Open Carrying a loaded long gun walking down Washington Street in Braintree

- - - Updated - - -

You're actually pretty close. You'd have to add a few things to really illustrate how serious I am. I may have also been known to

Drive a motorcycle with no plates and never stop for the cops - they don't bother trying to chase me anyways
Set up grow operations for friends and clients
Kick the shit out of people who assault me, and then not call them an ambulance
Tear the tags off my sofa and love seat
Export openPGP source code to Japan so I can have secure communications and learn how to make the best fried tofu
Make tons of money doing unlicensed electrical work for people
Work for all cash and not may a cent to the government
Jaywalk constantly
TivO NFL football games without express written consent from the NFL
Cut down trees that have bird's nests on them
Have bonfires on White Horse beach without pulling a permit
Traveling across state lines into Maine with alcohol
Selling people 20oz mountain dews on the streets of NYC
Teaching unlicensed friends how to fold AK receivers
I applaud your consistency and (finally) a sense of humor.

ETA: As such a rugged individualist perhaps you should think about moving out west somewhere? I can't imagine how unhappy you must be on a daily basis.

Last edited:
You're actually pretty close. You'd have to add a few things to really illustrate how serious I am. I may have also been known to

Drive a motorcycle with no plates and never stop for the cops - they don't bother trying to chase me anyways
Export openPGP source code to Japan so I can have secure communications and learn how to make the best fried tofu
Jaywalk constantly

But follow the guidelines of the NES forum [wink]

Unjust laws? He said he doesn't recognize any authority except that which is reflected in his sig.

He has made a claim, one that is right on point with his arguments that are on topic for the thread. I'd love to watch him back it up, and exercise his Constitutional Rights from the (Constitution (the authority of which he doesn't recognize in the first place, of course)), take a video of himself open carrying, exercising his Constitutional Rights and entering into a Post Office.

Or Open Carrying a loaded long gun walking down Washington Street in Braintree

- - - Updated - - -

I applaud your consistency and (finally) a sense of humor.

I would recognize the constitution, if it hadn't been eroded to the point of being useless to protect us from tyranny. If they get to make up the rules as they go along then so do I.

So what? Your freedom was given to you by your creator. I'm not telling you who created you, just that I recognize that you were born with these rights, and that nobody can take them away from you. You have to surrender them.

I don't think it was an attack, it just is bizarre.

Jaywalk constantly

[video=youtube_share;z0-KZS1dDyw]http://youtu.be/z0-KZS1dDyw[/video]

Not complying doesn't mean you go out of your way to get caught...jesus.

You weren't actually born free on some parallel universe. You were born in a society of rules already pre-established for you. Went through a pre-established regulated educational system, speaking an already pre-established language and pre-established customs. I will even venture that even your opinions are not your own but a byproduct of the society you live in.

ETA: As such a rugged individualist perhaps you should think about moving out west somewhere? I can't imagine how unhappy you must be on a daily basis.

Yeah, I've thought about moving, but why bother if it's really the sad state of affairs everywhere else? I mean I literally need to beat this into NES with a mallet for you to get it, that the government is so wholly corrupt you're wasting your time, and no amount of phone calls or votes will stop them from having their way with us. It's really the natural order of the universe for people to become corrupt, and by extension governments becoming absolutlely corrupt, and it's also the nature of the universe to have people like me that only abide by common law because they choose to.

Yeah, I've thought about moving, but why bother if it's really the sad state of affairs everywhere else? I mean I literally need to beat this into NES with a mallet for you to get it, that the government is so wholly corrupt you're wasting your time, and no amount of phone calls or votes will stop them from having their way with us. It's really the natural order of the universe for people to become corrupt, and by extension governments becoming absolutlely corrupt, and it's also the nature of the universe to have people like me that only abide by common law because they choose to.

Alaska. Really. If you can stand the cold, and there's plenty of places where it's not THAT cold.

...OC of rifles is legal in TX. Your example was something thats illegal.

Try again.
OK, I'll try to spell it out the best I can. Maybe I'm wrong.

You said that not complying doesn't mean trying to get caught.
Not complying means living with the consequences if caught.
His not complying would be bad for him so he shouldn't go out of his way to get caught.
OCT's not complying with social norms has consequences.
Their not complying with social norms is bad for us/them and they shouldn't go out of their way to "get caught".

You weren't actually born free on some parallel universe. You were born in a society of rules already pre-established for you. Went through a pre-established regulated educational system, speaking an already pre-established language and pre-established customs. I will even venture that even your opinions are not your own but a byproduct of the society you live in.
+1

No, I was born free here in the PRM. Sounds funny to say it like that. Yeah, the rules I recognize are outlined fairly well in common law. My education was a bit, erm, unconventional. Let's just say I spent more time fending for myself than being in school. My recognizance of customs is also a bit unconventional as well, if this thread hasn't already illustrated that enough already. Meeting me personally would further reinforce this I'm sure. I'm used to people being put off I'd love to meet the people who are responsible for my opinions. I would be a lot happier if I knew any libertarians who were not actually statists in disguise.

King James Bible, which makes this even more humorous.

I forget what that means, 13 years of Catholic schooling and I remembered a few things. And I learned a few things... to be Atheist.
No, I was born free here in the PRM. Sounds funny to say it like that. Yeah, the rules I recognize are outlined fairly well in common law. My education was a bit, erm, unconventional. Let's just say I spent more time fending for myself than being in school. My recognizance of customs is also a bit unconventional as well, if this thread hasn't already illustrated that enough already. Meeting me personally would further reinforce this I'm sure. I'm used to people being put off I'd love to meet the people who are responsible for my opinions. I would be a lot happier if I knew any libertarians who were not actually statists in disguise.

What the **** are you talking about. You've posted a few statists things in the past few years... are you kidding me?

King James Bible, which makes this even more humorous.

So what's so humorous about that version of the bible? Not that I have any particular affinity for any version of the bible, it's just the King James Bible has my favorite version of that passage.

Can you clearly draw a line between our freedoms as enumerated by our creator and only recognized by the constitution, or are you just persecuting me for my religious beliefs?

OK, I'll try to spell it out the best I can. Maybe I'm wrong.

You said that not complying doesn't mean trying to get caught.
Not complying means living with the consequences if caught.
His not complying would be bad for him so he shouldn't go out of his way to get caught.
OCT's not complying with social norms has consequences.
Their not complying with social norms is bad for us/them and they shouldn't go out of their way to "get caught".

I don't know what to say to this, so I'll just use this to express myself.

132842.gif

- - - Updated - - -

So what's so humorous about that version of the bible? Not that I have any particular affinity for any version of the bible, it's just the King James Bible has my favorite version of that passage.

Can you clearly draw a line between our freedoms as enumerated by our creator and only recognized by the constitution, or are you just persecuting me for my religious beliefs?

Bible translations are an interpretation by a person.

Learn hebrew and greek.

I don't know what to say to this, so I'll just use this to express myself.

132842.gif

- - - Updated - - -

Bible translations are an interpretation by a person.

Learn hebrew and greek.

Aramaic might do more for you than Hebrew, but I'm probably wrong about that too.

I forget what that means, 13 years of Catholic schooling and I remembered a few things. And I learned a few things... to be Atheist.

What the **** are you talking about. You've posted a few statists things in the past few years... are you kidding me?

And what have I said that was 'statists'? Maybe you're confusing me for someone else. I'm pretty sure I've detested any false authority since I could remember. I seem to remember some threads that I had been dogpiled on, but they all involved cats, caliber debates, snow tires, blinking lights in trees, water based vs silicone based, or bannana costume, no marachas. I don't ever remember having to argue limitation of government power to common law values with anyone except people who think that more government is the answer.

SOCIAL CONTRACT!

back to topic....
wait, so why is it bad to open carry again? because some people don't like it
so we shouldn't do it because it may scare people and then they will make it illegal

so it's legal, but don't do it because then it won't be legal anymore and we will lose the "right"

that is my summary of this thread

And what have I said that was 'statists'? Maybe you're confusing me for someone else. I'm pretty sure I've detested any false authority since I could remember. I seem to remember some threads that I had been dogpiled on, but they all involved cats, caliber debates, snow tires, blinking lights in trees, water based vs silicone based, or bannana costume, no marachas. I don't ever remember having to argue limitation of government power to common law values with anyone except people who think that more government is the answer.

I think I mixed you up with someone, my bad.

SOCIAL CONTRACT!

back to topic....
wait, so why is it bad to open carry again? because some people don't like it
so we shouldn't do it because it may scare people and then they will make it illegal

so it's legal, but don't do it because then it won't be legal anymore and we will lose the "right"

that is my summary of this thread

I would be frightened and alarmed if they were people in my Starbucks line open carrying rape whistles and "please don't rape me" signs.

Aramaic might do more for you than Hebrew, but I'm probably wrong about that too.

You are actually right about Aramaic "might do more for you than Hebrew".

The old testament: Some parts are in aramaic, but most were originally written in hebrew i believe.

The new testament: originally written in greek (people of the time spoke aramaic though)

I think I mixed you up with someone, my bad.

It's fine, easy mistake to make with so many members here. You had me really questioning myself, which I really like. Honestly there probably has been times when I'd advocated for yielding state power, but those circumstances could certainly prove fatal if they weren't challenged heartily.

The old testament: Some parts are in aramaic, but most were originally written in hebrew i believe.

The new testament: originally written in greek (people of the time spoke aramaic though)

I'd love to learn hebrew but right now all my time has been monopolized by studying things that make me money. Maybe religion was easier for me to study with a grain of salt since it wasn't forced down my throat at childhood. To be clear, I'm not a religions zealot. I'm just really fascinated by how people's ideas about being a positive member of society is so different than what it is now. They're just stories, it just so happens that I like that one quote. If you read Galatians it has more to do with genital mutilation than slavery.

The major bible stories were in Aramaic, which displaced Hebrew in a sense throughout the early Jewish existence.

But then again is extremely hard to argue when it comes to the origins of Jesus tales paired with Semitic languages.

Back
Top Bottom