‘Open Carry’ Gun Fight Moves to Target Stores

Why don't americans boycott something that would be ethically sound to bocott?

Like goods made in China by slave labor hands.

If I had a neighbor that ran a farm with slave labor I certainly wouldn't buy anything from him, fix his roof, or conduct any kind of business in any way with him.

- - - Updated - - -

So how do Constitutional provisions become law? How do Amendments get ratified?

Just food for thought for those who think the Constitution bars voting on the rights of the minority.

It's not supposed to impede the rights of the minority. There's a provision for this somewhere in the constitution, I think....can't......remember......

It's not supposed to impede the rights of the minority. There's a provision for this somewhere in the constitution, I think....can't......remember......
So if I get 3/4 of the states to ratify a repeal of your Second Amendment rights or your right to free speech, what happens?

I thought our rights weren't up for a vote.

My point is this--the majority can ALWAYS take away your rights. That majority just needs to be a really big one.

Last edited:
Probably not for much longer.

Not happening. If this was going to happen it would have happened back when Kmart caved because of the Columbine BS. Ammo is a "big deal" at Walmart, and their HQ is firmly in "gun country". Hell some of the stores that still sell guns sell stuff like Colt 6920s. [laugh] There are thousands of people who would not set foot inside a walmart store (myself included) if Walmart didn't sell ammunition. Hell the only time I buy anything non-ammo related at walmart is if I'm there looking for ammo. I know I'm not unique in this regard, either.

-Mike

Why don't americans boycott something that would be ethically sound to bocott?

Like goods made in China by slave labor hands.

If I had a neighbor that ran a farm with slave labor I certainly wouldn't buy anything from him, fix his roof, or conduct any kind of business in any way with him.

Most americans are too cheap to ever do anything like that. This is the DIRECT reason why half the consumer products sold in this country are ****ing garbage. They would refuse to pay extra, essentially for some kind of vetting process that ensured whatever the product was created by "ethical" labor practices. The problem is people wear the skinflint badge with pride in this country, and while that makes sense in some regard (eg, being self suffficient, etc) the problem is that in other regards people go full retard on it. Instead of buying the good tool (that might last a lifetime) they'd rather buy the throwaway junk at Harbor China Freight, etc.

Besides, those slave workers are "over there" and "not our problem". It's "not our fault their culture treats their workers like shit". The save the orphans types got some of the stay at home moms to care about where clothes came from (eg sweatshops) etc but even that is of limited influence. (once the braying dies down will they ever care again? ) etc.

To some extent we're all hypocrites about this stuff. It's no different than when we also don't give a shit about how the animals that constitute our food supply are treated, etc. It's all just a black box to most people. "Oh the cow goes in one side and neatly cut slabs of meat cutlets come out the other. " [laugh]

-Mike

Who gives a shit they got permission if the company won't stand behind the permission they got. The companies are throwing these simpleton agitators under the closest bus. This isn't about rights any longer. This is ****ing Texas and it's pissing off people down there in texas, where they don't even think of guns as anything to be scared of.

I have already said before and I will say it again. There is a right to carry but the supreme court has already said in Heller the state can dictate time, manner and place. Meaning TX is well within it's constitutional prerogative to limit the manner and arms that people carry. If TX passes a law tomorrow banning open carry of rifles it will be constitutional if it's properly crafted. Then there will be NO open carry at all in TX. And I promise you, the TX politicians are smart enough to know about AR pistols and they don't want leonard embody and his ilk riding on into town. Because of this, the TX legislature likely won't pass OC of handguns at this point either.

So I am pretty sure this bunch of mouth breathing rotund troglodyte sloths has permanently screwed Texans out of their ability to open carry. This issue is most likely dead in TX at this point. TX loses and in the process statist protectionists like Bloomberg and that slithering astro turf queen of zombie clam traps get to use this in every state of the nation to show what happens when you allow open carry. The only people who win from this are states like MA who think OC is the way to limit the practice of the right altogether. Because they will take CC over OC any day when this is the result.

When you attempt to trample on people's property rights by demanding that your rights to open carry supercede them, politicians take advantage of this to try and shit on the entire prospect of open carry.

Walking down a Massachusetts street open carrying with a Class B is one thing. Going into a Target store, whether or not the store wants me to, is quite another.

who is trampling on anyone's property rights?

I'm not mad at target, I'm mad at NES

I've carried into starbucks daily since the "ban". MDA has accomplished ****-all.

Also, how'd that staples gun ban go for them? These idiots will target any company - they don't need an OC demonstration to get them going. Someone shot themselves negligently in a Staples, and yet, MDA didn't accomplish anything.

Who gives a shit they got permission if the company won't stand behind the permission they got. The companies are throwing these simpleton agitators under the closest bus. This isn't about rights any longer. This is ****ing Texas and it's pissing off people down there in texas, where they don't even think of guns as anything to be scared of.

I have already said before and I will say it again. There is a right to carry but the supreme court has already said in Heller the state can dictate time, manner and place. Meaning TX is well within it's constitutional prerogative to limit the manner and arms that people carry. If TX passes a law tomorrow banning open carry of rifles it will be constitutional if it's properly crafted. Then there will be NO open carry at all in TX. And I promise you, the TX politicians are smart enough to know about AR pistols and they don't want leonard embody and his ilk riding on into town. Because of this, the TX legislature likely won't pass OC of handguns at this point either.

So I am pretty sure this bunch of mouth breathing rotund troglodyte sloths has permanently screwed Texans out of their ability to open carry. This issue is most likely dead in TX at this point. TX loses and in the process statist protectionists like Bloomberg and that slithering astro turf queen of zombie clam traps get to use this in every state of the nation to show what happens when you allow open carry. The only people who win from this are states like MA who think OC is the way to limit the practice of the right altogether. Because they will take CC over OC any day when this is the result.

This!

But
mouth breathing rotund troglodyte sloths
You keep on exercising your rights to call people names is one thing, but if you keep pushing the buttons of the rotund sector -- there's gonna be trouble.

Leave my twinkies alone

Here's my take.

Do I OC long guns or even feel the need to? No. But my feelings on what I would or wouldn't do have no relation to what someone else does or feels the need to do, regardless of reason, so long as their actions are, in this case, both peaceable AND legal.

If we have come to the point where people are afraid to do something legal and peaceable for fear those things may become illegal, to what point does it end? Are there any boundaries to what other legal peaceful things could get made illegal? What's next? Anything you do could land the same result...

Let them legislate, it only brings to light the hypocrisy. Not exercising your rights so that they don't get taken away is stupid. And stop being a sheep, he's obviously not going to shoot up the store. You sound like an anti.

You miss the point cuz you are so wound up in ideology. It's about hearts and minds, see? The great unwashed masses and how they feel 'bout us havin' our gats and openly displaying. See, your one of them anger boyz, and anger in your face boyz like them Texas critters just turn people off. We want to create a positive image and those OC Texas Boyz just aren't cuttin'.

See, I'm a pragmatist and I live in the what is world and you are an ideologue and live in the should be world, and the should be world never wins, never has, never will . Even the founding of out great Constitutional Republic was built on compromise, but you know that...right? [wink]

Last edited:
Actual gun:
25698439_BG3.jpg

Person sought for questioning by Myrtle Beach PD
25698439_BG2.JPG

It would be fun if the firearm was registered to Bloomturd.

The places where you can buy those shitpistols don't usually have "registration." [rofl] I'm sure MDA or whoever it is put a few layers of insulation between themselves and this guy.

-Mike

It is worth noting this was in Myrtle Beach, so the gentleman pictured is a "suspicious person" by virtue of being black. A yoga Frau dropping it off would, by definition, not be suspicious.

If this was a false flag op, it would have made more sense to leave the gun in the store in TX visited by OCT.

Back
Top Bottom