• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

‘Open Carry’ Gun Fight Moves to Target Stores

While I don't know what other NESrs think of what Open carry Texas is doing but I personally don't think this is helping our cause at all and is blatantly stupid. I was browsing Mom's Demand actions FB page and came across this......you can't make this s**t up......I could not stop laughing at this lady's post thinking criminals would actually comply.....
sa7e4aja.jpg

Fired from my HTC One with high capacity storage

While I don't know what other NESrs think of what Open carry Texas is doing but I personally don't think this is helping our cause at all and is blatantly stupid. I was browsing Mom's Demand actions FB page and came across this......you can't make this s**t up......I could not stop laughing at this lady's post thinking criminals would actually comply.....
sa7e4aja.jpg

Fired from my HTC One with high capacity storage

They are not concerned with criminals. Their overall opposition is to the--legal possession of firearms. Note that MDA's platform is almost identical to that of MAIG, the Brady Campaign, etc., but with the added emo factor of hiding behind children.

A "no shirt, no shoes, no guns or no business" sign would imply you must have a shirt, you must have shoes, and you must have guns. Sure are a smart bunch...

Most are missing a great advantage in this now. People are not getting scared now because it's in the news and they see it in public now. It's actually working in an unintended way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most are missing a great advantage in this now. People are not getting scared now because it's in the news and they see it in public now. It's actually working in an unintended way.

Never saw it like that good point.[thumbsup]

I doubt it. The purpose of the news stories is to _promote_ fear, not desensitize hoplophobes.

I'm as hardcore a 2nd amendment supporter as they come but carrying a loaded Ak in a store is just plain stupid. I understand wanting to make a statement and exercising your rights, but this guy is intentionally trying to scare the sheep and daring someone to call the cops.

If I'm shopping in the store where this moron is carrying a loaded Ak, I'm not interested in sticking around to see what his intentions are. He and I are of the same 2A support but there's no reason for him to be OCing an Ak in Target. All this will do is hurt our ability to educate the public and the anti's will use guys like this as the typical agenda of all gun owners.

Some rights are lost if not exercised.

Other are lost if they are exercised.

OC of EBRs and AKs generally fits into the later category. OC of handguns can fall into either category depending on the political climate of the locale.

First, I think open carry should be legal, anything, anywhere; the same as concealed carry actually.

Second, I don't see the point - it makes you target #1 for a Bad Guy.

I would like it to be legal in the event my CCW becomes visible by mistake, in Mass from what I have heard and read, you can get your license (that you shouldn't need) pulled because your jacket rode up.

Legal - but not smart; just like smoking or walking through an 'I can't Breathe' rally with an "I love the police" T-shirt.

I'm as hardcore a 2nd amendment supporter as they come but carrying a loaded Ak in a store is just plain stupid. I understand wanting to make a statement and exercising your rights, but this guy is intentionally trying to scare the sheep and daring someone to call the cops.

If I'm shopping in the store where this moron is carrying a loaded Ak, I'm not interested in sticking around to see what his intentions are. He and I are of the same 2A support but there's no reason for him to be OCing an Ak in Target. All this will do is hurt our ability to educate the public and the anti's will use guys like this as the typical agenda of all gun owners.

Heck of a first post. Your feelings/emotions are clouding your judgement.

Is it ok with you, you know will you stick around if it's not loaded?

Back
Top Bottom