‘Everytown’ project blowing up in Bloomberg’s face

If these Statists were smart they'd embrace the education angle, fund their Eddie Eagle alternative, and use it as a trojan horse to spread propaganda.

The NRA better not let that happen.
Um... 40 years late on that...

They already have. Have you not noticed kids being suspended and expelled for gun-shaped pop-tarts?

Um... 40 years late on that...

They already have. Have you not noticed kids being suspended and expelled for gun-shaped pop-tarts?

Yeah, but they could make it actually part of the curriculum, but that would likely backfire.

An anecdote, my kid was with his friends and one of them asked "How do bad guys get guns?" and one of the other kids said "They buy them at the store" and I just about had an aneurysm before I could find out where he learned that (his teacher, in an attempt to lump lawful gun buyers in with criminals).

Yeah, but they could make it actually part of the curriculum, but that would likely backfire.

An anecdote, my kid was with his friends and one of them asked "How do bad guys get guns?" and one of the other kids said "They buy them at the store" and I just about had an aneurysm before I could find out where he learned that (his teacher, in an attempt to lump lawful gun buyers in with criminals).
The problem is that it is already in the curriculum in so many ways (as you discovered).

They have been writing history and civics textbooks with the stated purpose of spreading the idea of "government as a force of good" for 40+ years. They have re-written the history of the civil rights movement, the civil war, Lincoln, even the revolutionary war to sanitize monarchism and central, command economies and transfer all of their profound sins to "them".

Not specifically with an anti-gun message, but something far worse.

A claim that government is a benevolent, paternal figure that we should trust. That way when it says we should ban guns, drugs, booze, transfats, super-size, pizza, smoking, free-speech, Judaism, etc... People believe their benevolent, paternal overlord.

It is an anti-self-determinism message that far eclipses guns in its damage to kids' (and the adults they become) psyche and understanding of their rightful place in the world as free people, presumed innocent until proven guilty and free to make their own choices - good AND bad so long as they do not hurt anyone else.

On that last part of "hurt anyone else", the insidiousness of their message manifests in the claim that the "cost to taxpayers" is sufficient "harm to others" to regulate behavior. Of course the cost for bad decisions is not borne by tax payers without a nanny state in the first place. This is a tautological justification.

They must prevent the behavior who's cost they claim they will bear when they take your liberty in trade for false security.

A claim that government is a benevolent, paternal figure that we should trust. That way when it says we should ban guns, drugs, booze, transfats, super-size, pizza, smoking, free-speech, Judaism, etc...

They ban pizza and I will start the revolution. That would just be mean.

- Todd

The Democrats specifically asked him to drop the Anti 2A stuff, but since he's a Republican ([rofl]) he's doing what he wants anyway. What he actually is is a wealthy statist, but it's easy to tie him to the Democrats so that's what will happen.

As cekim said, he's now back to an indie officially. He spent a bunch of money helping get Angus King elected Sen in ME this last go around, and he's had a lot of contact with Harry Reid and other D's pushing gun control. Heck, the mom's head nag, Shannon Watts is a former D staffer for several D politicians from Missouri. The D's will learn over time that Bloomy is only out for bloomy. His money in colorado hurt the D's big time but he doesn't care. His arrogance is so strong that he just cannot be talked to, he thinks he's the smartest in the room every time.

You're about 40 years late on this one. The entire public education and college system is little more than a leftist propaganda mill. It starts at the top at schools like the Harvard School of Education, where they spend more time teaching tomorrows education leaders how to mold young minds in the proper leftist mind set. Go to the blog "Inside Higher Education" and read some of the stories.

His stated party affiliation is meaningless. He only ran as a Republican in New York to avoid the Democrat primary where he might have lost. I have no doubt that the NRA is going to continue to use him as a fund raising tool. I'll be at the NRA Annual Meetings next week and I'll be interested to see what they have to say about this.

As cekim said, he's now back to an indie officially. He spent a bunch of money helping get Angus King elected Sen in ME this last go around, and he's had a lot of contact with Harry Reid and other D's pushing gun control. Heck, the mom's head nag, Shannon Watts is a former D staffer for several D politicians from Missouri. The D's will learn over time that Bloomy is only out for bloomy. His money in colorado hurt the D's big time but he doesn't care. His arrogance is so strong that he just cannot be talked to, he thinks he's the smartest in the room every time.

So, how can people help? Is there something Facebook users can post to help this cause? Do you want people to try to open Facebook accounts in their own home towns? If so, how do you recommend or suggest people do this, so it makes some sense?

Thanks.

There's got to be a way to get our hands on some of his cash if he is so free to give it away like this with no accountability. What can we think of? It seems like anything anti-gun related should attract a couple of million at least. In a way, I'm envious of the people who got their hands on tens of millions of his cash. Set for life.

His stated party affiliation is meaningless. He only ran as a Republican in New York to avoid the Democrat primary where he might have lost. I have no doubt that the NRA is going to continue to use him as a fund raising tool. I'll be at the NRA Annual Meetings next week and I'll be interested to see what they have to say about this.

Don't stop at fundraising, you need to use him in the elections. My opponent takes money from NYC billionaire Bloomberg to do his bidding in Washington and steal your rights. The ads write themselves.

The NRA advised him to take it down..... Pussies. Since when do they run from a fight? That's not why I'm a member.

Probably because it's not worth fighting over a trivial matter when there's bigger fish to fry, and his Lordshits legal team would more than likely win.

As much as I loved it, and wished I had come up with the idea myself, it was kind of a juvenile antic.

The mission was accomplished and time, money and effort would be better spent hitting them where it really matters.

Last edited:
436x480xcourtesy-Evertown-for-Gun-Safety.jpg.pagespeed.ic.3kZOisHhQJ.jpg

That's the new 'two-stage' megakilzit bullet. Second stage fires on impact.

EDIT - and for some reason the pic does not 'quote' well.

I'm genuinely curious now. Would there be enough pressure generated rapidly enough by the parent case to set off the primer in the "bullet" i.e. second case?

- - - Updated - - -

I really love that image. What better way to say, "We know nothing about guns and yet we are trying to ban them" than to make something like that?

Looks like they're also dragging out the same old treat guns like cars nonsense...

Interestingly, some of us already have to go through those in Massachusetts.

#1 Check - Done.
#2 Check - Basic MA course.
#3 Check - 4473.
#4 Check - Advanced tactical course to have Restrictions: None.
#5 Check - Background check, fingerprinting, overall screening to make sure you aren't a psychopath at the local PD.
#6 Check - A heavy metal safe bolted to the floor.
#7 Check - We all have to do this every few years. Some states more frequently than others.

Back
Top Bottom