• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Everytown Labels Lever-Action Firearms as ‘Deadly Innovations’

I keep this issue in mind whenever anyone mentions "Australian style gun control." You know, where they banned all assault weapons in Australia, but allowed bolt actions, because they respect hunters.

Well, Australian gun confiscation included pump shotguns in their list of deadly firearms. So many of the oldest and most basic hunting firearms were confiscated and destroyed due to their "extra deadly" status. Lever action rifles are allowed in Australia, but there has been a whole new controversy since people realized that lever action shotguns exist. Apparently, many people thought they had banned all shotguns that hold more than two rounds, but they don't know how guns work, so there was a "lever action" loophole.

Last I knew they were debating about this issue, and I'm not sure about the current status. I don't think it ends until pointy sticks require a license.
Wow. I consider myself a fairly knowledgeable firearms enthusiast and I’d never heard of a lever action shotty!!

Wow. I consider myself a fairly knowledgeable firearms enthusiast and I’d never heard of a lever action shotty!!
I have zero use for a shotgun, but this one (for $399) always catches my eye whenever I'm at my LGS:

G-Force-LVR410-GFLVR24SS-643477863909.png

Frank

Henry makes a 410 that Ive seen on a few shelves.

Guess I'm glad I have my small collection before the panic buying comes in. Next thing you know we will all be riding horses to work.

They are against ALL guns.
In addition, they are also professional activists, they get paid for their activism. This is why they will never stop. If they ban all guns, they will pivot to banning toy guns, guns in movies, then they will move to ban talking about guns (talking about guns = literally gun violence).
Activists will keep going until you stop them.

Uh, no. They are not against all guns, as long as they are the ones who have them. They're against guns in OUR hands.

None of these people are willing to give up their guns, the guns in the hands of the police an, the government, and the guns possessed by their security teams.

What's next, muzzle loaders? I believe durask is correct. They'll never stop. Maybe they'll do something to finally piss off all the fudds.
Targeting lever actions should piss off the Fudds. I'll probably bring this up at my next club meeting when the new business discussion is opened. We have some Fudds that want to shut down various things that are even legal in MA. Though thankfully they are a small minority and unable to swing club policy, this will give them something to chew on before they open their yaps again.

Back
Top Bottom