Zero Hour Arms

WOW!

What a great place and a nice bunch of guys. If you want to feel like a kid in a candy shop again this is the place to go. I was lucky enough to have a meeting in Brockton and was right down the street from the place. Well, one thing I can say is that although it is a bit of a drive for me, this is the place I will be headed for many times in the near future. They seem to stock other stuff that nobody else has. I looked around MA for 30 rd mags for my MSAR and was left at a dead-end every where. At Zero Hour, I walked in, asked, and they said sure - right there on the wall. Because I was feeling broke after buying all types of other stuff over the last few days, I only walked away with a few MSAR mags and a Mossberg 500 (or whatever the model number is). I was treated great and felt that the prices were in line with what can be expected for items that are hard to find - the Mossberg was pretty cheap really. If you have not been here, take the trip. I will be back soon to pick up one of their three FN P90s (thats three more than I have seen anywhere else).

Have fun!!

Zero Hour Arms *Lost my Business*

Well I just got off the phone with zero hour arms inquiring about the MSAR I saw there last week after bring a friend there that purchased a $1600 Colt. I saw a bunch of the MSAR's on gunbroker for hundreds cheaper than they where asking and asked them if they could come *close* to the gunbroker price. I expressed how I would much rather give them the business, but I guess that didn't matter as I was replied to rudley and told "well your all set then buy it from gunbroker"

I'm not disapointed in the fact they could not lower their price but am disgusted in which the manner they replied to me. Not a good way to keep customers.

If you treat people nicely and with respect saying no is not a big deal.

Mac

Is the MSAR in better shape @ zha?
They all have been good guys to me A+1. Dont sweat it you still need a place to buy ammo for your MSAR[smile]

Is the MSAR in better shape @ zha?
They all have been good guys to me A+1. Dont sweat it you still need a place to buy ammo for your MSAR[smile]

All the MSAR's I'm looking at are Brand New.

When I was there for a few hours a week or so ago me and my friend left with a good feeling we found another good gun shop. The people there at the time where VERY NICE. But this person I just spoke to on the phone was plain RUDE in my opionion.

I have plenty of placed to buy ammo around me :) there almost 1 hour away.

Mac

Well, I can't make excuses for them. Heck, I've never even been to the place but looking at the market now, it's a pure sellers one. If I was inundated with customers and can get a few hundred more on a piece that I knew I could not get back in stock in time, why would I even consider dropping the price? It's a sure sale but it's also probably a sure sale in another week or so at a few $$$ more.

Granted the person could have been better mannered on the phone and said something like - 'I appreciate the offer but the price stands' type of reply.

They are prob just swamped with the big gun rush and a little holiday stress got in the way. Sorry you feel that way Its a good place to shop.

Last edited:
I've dealt with a few of the guys there and they've been pretty stand up guys. There is one guy there that struck me as being a little gruff, but I wasn't dealing with him directly. You probably just caught someone on a bad day. I'd take more faith in the face to face transaction. If the person that help you was bald, then he's a member on this forum and a genuinely good guy.

I definitely think you get good service through them though. If you bought a gun there and say wanted a few minor things done to it they would probably do it without charging you. They helped my brother with his MAK90 he bought there that had a feed ramp problem with a drum mag he also bought there. Mark fixed it up for him at no cost.

Just a thought too. Even buying from Gun Broker you A.) Dont really know the condition of the gun B.) You still need to pay the transfer fee's to the FFL which will raise the cost C.) Add shipping charges onto all that as well. I have only dealt with ZHA 1x and they were great..Sorry you had a bad experience.

I'm not saying the OP did this at all, but I can't tell you how many times people come into the store and try to beat us down on the price just to say they got a deal. It really gets old after a while.

We try to be polite, but some people are just aggravating about it.

Asking a store on the phone to meet some internet price without even being able to compare the condition is likely to always lead to that outcome.

Asking a store on the phone to meet some internet price without even being able to compare the condition is likely to always lead to that outcome.

+1, At the gun shop I used to work at we tried not to give prices out over the phone. We usually asked them to come to the store and check them out.

FWIW, The crew over at ZHA always treated me great.

+1, At the gun shop I used to work at we tried not to give prices out over the phone. We usually asked them to come to the store and check them out.

FWIW, The crew over at ZHA always treated me great.

I don't know if you where referring to me or just in general but

It wasn't just some internet price it was from GunBroker where they also sell.

As for the price even a local dealer was $200 cheaper. I offered to give them my business and I received a not so nice response.

Mac

Hi, I was not there today it was my day off. I do agree that on some days being inundated with calls about guns and some folks questions that are purely common sense ones tend to put us off a little.
That said, it IS a sellers market right now but that does not mean that there should not be customer service and a polite "no" if someone asked.

Mac, if you feel offended, I apologies for whomever did that but be aware that is why we do not sell common items like S&W M&P pistols because every dealer who stocks those items is in a constant bidding war with low priced advertisements etc..

Some items are not readily transferred into local dealers because they are afraid to break the "grey area" of the convoluted MA regulations.

Our prices aren't the cheapest on everything, but our service more than makes up for it.

Thank you for you inquiry,
Marc, manager

Hi, I was not there today it was my day off. I do agree that on some days being inundated with calls about guns and some folks questions that are purely common sense ones tend to put us off a little.
That said, it IS a sellers market right now but that does not mean that there should not be customer service and a polite "no" if someone asked.

Mac, if you feel offended, I apologies for whomever did that but be aware that is why we do not sell common items like S&W M&P pistols because every dealer who stocks those items is in a constant bidding war with low priced advertisements etc..

Some items are not readily transferred into local dealers because they are afraid to break the "grey area" of the convoluted MA regulations.

Our prices aren't the cheapest on everything, but our service more than makes up for it.

Thank you for you inquiry,
Marc, manager

+1. I have NEVER had anything but a stellar experience at ZHA. Sure, at first glance they might seem to be "expensive", but the reality is that they simply stock some items that many other local shops do not, and they get fair market value for them. You'll not find a more well-stocked store of hard to find and para-military firearms anywhere in the state.

There is no place I would rather shop (or spend an a couple of hours talking guns/politics/whatever). Marc and Jim are great people, and they run a great shop. Service and selection are fantastic, and I've met few people who seem as genuinely interested in their customers as the two of them.
Personally, I'd no more expect a gun dealer to negotiate price over the phone than I would expect a car dealer to. Show up, show the money, and start from there.

Personally, I'd no more expect a gun dealer to negotiate price over the phone than I would expect a car dealer to.

They're not stuck in the mud either. I've bought guns from them and said, "what can you do for me?" They were happy to come down a little.

cmacclel, if they were rude to you I agree that's not good business. But it's definitely not who they are over there, and all I can say is that you're giving up on a great dealer if you don't give them another try. Take Marc's apology above at face value, he's an honest man.

Last edited:
Obviously you haven't tried going down that road on a real rainy day. [smile]

[rofl] [laugh2] It doesn't even have to be a rainy day!

On a serious note: There are two guns that I am interested in, that ZHA doesn't usually stock and in spite of the fact that 3 of their staff know me fairly well, I am waiting for the opportunity to get over there and have a FTF discussion with them about getting said guns.

I have bought two guns from them to date and have been treated very well and welcomed there every time I drop in, even if it is just to shoot the breeze and take up space on the comfy sofa.

There is no time anymore to do it. We have only 4 employees and everyone is busy doing paperwork from open till close so it got put on the back burner for now, until things slow down at least. We are trying to get it back on line but things are going so fast that it is near impossible.

There is no time anymore to do it. We have only 4 employees and everyone is busy doing paperwork from open till close so it got put on the back burner for now, until things slow down at least. We are trying to get it back on line but things are going so fast that it is near impossible.

I hear ya. Take care.

I'll work on saturdays![smile]

Back
Top Bottom