Zero Hour Arms

Another great experience at ZHA!

Hey everyone,

Just a quick post to share yet another great experience myself and a buddy of mine had with the great folks at ZHA. I recently got another one of my friends into shooting (that's 6 new licensees and 5 new GOAL members in 2007 [smile]), and we've been trying to get together to get him off on the right foot with a couple of guns, cleaning supplies, etc.

This past Saturday, we ventured down to Zero Hour and Marc (and all the rest of the guys) were friendly, helpful and above all welcoming to a new shooter just getting started in this great lifestyle of ours. Most of my friends know that I'm pretty good at spending other people's money so....

An hour and half later my bud left with a super-clean pre-ban Colt AR, a S&W 642 with CT grip and a Ruger Mark III bull barrel .22. Of course all the trimmings, ammo etc. followed.

I of course, couldn't leave empty handed, and a beautiful IMI Uzi Model "A" carbine followed ME home as well.

Marc gave us both a great deal and was gracious and relaxed the whole time. A great place to shop and still without a doubt the best Para-Military style shop in the state.

I cannot recommend this shop enough!

Most of my friends know that I'm pretty good at spending other people's money so....

You and C-pher must have gone to the same school.[smile][wink] I too love Zero Hour.

Last edited:
Hey everyone,

Just a quick post to share yet another great experience myself and a buddy of mine had with the great folks at ZHA. I recently got another one of my friends into shooting (that's 6 new licensees and 5 new GOAL members in 2007 [smile]), and we've been trying to get together to get him off on the right foot with a couple of guns, cleaning supplies, etc.

This past Saturday, we ventured down to Zero Hour and Marc (and all the rest of the guys) were friendly, helpful and above all welcoming to a new shooter just getting started in this great lifestyle of ours. Most of my friends know that I'm pretty good at spending other people's money so....

An hour and half later my bud left with a super-clean pre-ban Colt AR, a S&W 642 with CT grip and a Ruger Mark III bull barrel .22. Of course all the trimmings, ammo etc. followed.

I of course, couldn't leave empty handed, and a beautiful IMI Uzi Model "A" carbine followed ME home as well.

Marc gave us both a great deal and was gracious and relaxed the whole time. A great place to shop and still without a doubt the best Para-Military style shop in the state.

So in other words... don't go to ZHA if you don't want to spend any money.

Too bad for me... I'm going there this weekend to drop off my upper to get the comp pinned. I have a bad feeling I'm going to walk out of there with another gun.

visited ZHA today for the first time in awhile and its even better than before...the expansion is awesome and the assortment of weapons is even better! love the shop and the guys that work there...cant wait to go back!

They had a buttload of 5.56 when I went this past Sat, if anyone was looking for any. Sadly, they didn't have any 1911's that caught my eye. Maybe they'll get some in before next weekend when I head down there again.

Ment yesterday, basically crapped my pants at their selections...going today to pick up a nice glock. Also, 5min's from my work (trouble)...i wonder if they do direct deposit [rolleyes] I know where i'll be getting all of my AR accessories. Plus lots of pre-ban mags at prices that don't make you bend over.

Bought my first preban ar15 from them 2 weeks ago. Shop was worth the hour and 40 min drive I took. Great service will return when my checkbook is no longer on fire.[smile]
Great meeting a traveler from another part of the state 2.

Finally stopped by ZeroHour for the first time today. What a great experience it was. While there I had a chance to chat with MADMARC0 and TYPEO1313. Awesome bunch of buys!

Of course I only went int to check this place out but left with a bag full of goodies totaling $170. [smile] One thing I was excited about were some .223 Winchester rounds (brass). They were under $7.00 for 20 rounds. I believe that I got the last 9 boxes. What a deal.

I believe that ZHA just became my #1 favorite gun shop in MA.

Last edited:
Great shop

I too went to ZHA for the first time on Saturday. Love that 'kid in a candy store' feeling! Great stock of things you just don't find at other shops. They truly fill a needed niche in what is available around here. Silly me for thinking I would actually squirrel away my tax refund this year! I bought a YHM 2-piece Tactical Handguard and some rail covers for my AR. What a treat to find these things in stock locally instead of ordering them. Much rather support a local shop! I DO think they need a bigger place (for more stock & more elbow room!) and that road out front sure could use some work. ++1 to Marc for providing an outpost to those of us unfortunate enough to live in Massachusetts.

I love Zero Hour. Love them.

If you really really want to be a "kid in a candy store"... especially a kid in a candy store with candy you just CAN'T find elsewhere... Go to Zero Hour.

I guarantee you won't be able to leave without something in your hands.

I finally managed to get over to ZHA this afternoon to pick up the 7.62 x 54R ammo that was waiting for me from the recent NES group buy. What a great shop. As all the above posts have indicated, there is some really frickin' cool hardware over there. Lots of pre-ban ARs, AKs, good milsurp stuff, and some amazing handguns. Only problem is a lot of this stuff is so rare that it's expensive (but fairly valued, IMHO). I personally fell in love with a gorgeous Walther P88 and a nice pre-ban Krink. If I had a spare $3,000 I could buy those two guns and have enough left over for a case or two of ammo. The guy I dealt with, Jim, was nice and very helpful with the noobish AR-15 questions I was asking him. I had brought along with me a red-headed bastard stepchild in the form of a Colt upper with a 12-inch barrel and welded-on 4-inch extension/flash hider; I swapped it out (with $100) for a similar Colt upper, only one with a 20" HBAR barrel. It would've cost me a lot more than that to re-barrel my old upper.

Excellent gun shop, with a very high tactical/Fudd ratio. I'm definitely going to stop in again.

Picked up a Saiga 12 at ZHA this past weekend and couldn't be happier, the price was right in line with what I have been seeing on line. As always it was fun to be there Bs'ing with the staff as well, definitely a shop worth visiting.

I also picked up a Saiga-12 this past weekend. Enjoyed the experience immensely. Good guys. [grin]

I stopped by to look (no LTC yet....21 in a month) and was in awe with the place. I stayed for about 45 minutes shooting the breeze with the guys. Needless to say I'll be going back once I get my LTC. They had a nice S&W performance shop revolver and of course many, many AR's that I liked.

I walked in Sat 20 minutes to closing time. I've been given the green light by wonderful wife to buy my first AR. I got to shoot the bull with Marc. Since military surplus is my first love, he went over the 1903 they have on consignment with me and then I informed him of my search for an AR. I also admitted my complete ignorance of the firearm. At 4:55pm (the shop closes at 5) Marc begins to explain it to me and the difference between pre and post ban A2 vs A4. He shows me how to break it down and reassemble it. He patiently answers any questions, including the "dumb ones". Well they talked to me till 5:25pm. I made my choice, but I wanted to think on it.

I cannot find the words to express how this type of customer service makes me feel. The best thing is it came naturally to them. It was more like they were hanging out with a group of friends than working. I only hope I can find the $$ to buy the one I chose before someone else does.

Zero Hours is the tops. The fact that it is only 4 miles from my house is dangerous.[smile][wink]

It is dangerous that its so close...my girlfriends house is less than two miles down the road.

Went to Zero Hour Saturday for the first time and what a great place. I did not have a lot of time to spend there, I went up to get some pre ban 30 round AR mags (which they had a very good supply of). Talk about toys!!! Man I could have had a field day in that store but I like being married. I did not have time to talk much with the people behind the counter but they were helpful and very freindly. they had a great selection of milsurps as well. I will absolutly be shopping there more often.

I went in there last Friday, bought myself my first 1911!!! Love the shop, only 2mins from my work, so yes it's dangerous! i've never been disappointed w/ those guys. Nice to shoot the shit with them.

I went in there last Friday, bought myself my first 1911!!! Love the shop, only 2mins from my work, so yes it's dangerous! i've never been disappointed w/ those guys. Nice to shoot the shit with them.
About 3 minutes from my work and maybe 5 from my house. VERY DANGEROUS for me to.

Bought my Glock 30 from them 2 weeks ago. Marc was great.

I went in there 3 months ago before I had my LTC. Marc was kind enough to let me handle whatever I wanted. When I walked in 2 weeks ago he remmeber me from 3 months ago. You can't beat that. I'll be back.

Zero Hour has definitely become my go to shop when I need anything. Sometimes the prices are high but think about... You don't walk into a Porsche dealership looking to spend low money and buy a Hyundai.

Great service, good friends, and pretty much anything you could need or want. I still remember the first time I went in there a long time ago. Jim told me "If I don't have it, I can get it for you"

I'td be great to see more ZH involvement at NES members shoots but the shoots are usually on Saturdays which is a business day for them. Still, its fun to watch when they hit the range.[smile]

Back
Top Bottom