• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

YouTube/Google bias or apathy?

So this morning I'm watching the trending news videos on YouTube and on the MSNBC Channel there is a video about how Wayne LaPierre will not be on the CPAC list of speakers to avoid protests. One commenter posts how LaPierre should be gunned down with an Ar15. I flag the guy for hate speech and violence. Then his comment disappears. I contact YouTube chat help to get the guys profile to report to the FBI and they tell me they can't find out who he is. Even after I tell them that in this political climate all threats should be taken seriously.
So what do you guys think...? Google bias or they just don't care? I find it hard to believe they don't have the guys name in a profile somewhere. I don't want his name and I wouldn't want my name given out either. I feel like they should report it. What do you think?

Dude its a youtube comment, that's like opening up a manhole to a sewer and finding a turd, and being surprised about it.

If I had a buck for every vague death threat I've ever seen in a youtube comments thread I'd be able to buy myself a serious amount of ammo.

-Mike

Report his screen name to the FBI directly.

I'm not the least bit surprised the youtube isn't doing anything about this.

Big tech = Leftists & Communists

Leftists and Communists now have control over many things in this country. Where they have control the rules will be applied to further their ideology.

Today (right now) certain ideologies are already losing the ability to participate in the financial system, host web sites, and participate in social media. This crackdown will slowly begin to include ideologies supported by minority groups (gun owners, etc).

There are so many shit talkers and haters on Youtube, and most of them its all keyboard courage. They would never act like that in real life, i bet. I have personally had to delete comments on my video because people have no idea how to behave and are abusive. Youtube doesnt care, unless that is if they get a court order for the information.

There are so many shit talkers and haters on Youtube. I have personally had to delete comments on my video because please have no idea how to behave and are abusive. Youtube doesnt care, unless that is if they get a court order for the information.

Basically the only way to post videos is to leave the comments disabled, LOL, unless its unlisted or something.

-Mike

At the level you were chatting with, he probably can't access that information. If you created a big enough stink you might get to the right level but it hardly seems worth it.

Big tech = Leftists & Communists

Leftists and Communists now have control over many things in this country. Where they have control the rules will be applied to further their ideology.

Today (right now) certain ideologies are already losing the ability to participate in the financial system, host web sites, and participate in social media. This crackdown will slowly begin to include ideologies supported by minority groups (gun owners, etc).

"They" built it, it's their sandbox, their rules. I wouldn't call them Communists, though - they're all in it for the money. And they don't like paying taxes (hence their financial ties to Ireland). The combined wealth of 'The Four' - Google, Amazon, Apple, and Microsoft - is in the Trillions.

Dude its a youtube comment, that's like opening up a manhole to a sewer and finding a turd, and being surprised about it.

If I had a buck for every vague death threat I've ever seen in a youtube comments thread I'd be able to buy myself a serious amount of ammo.

-Mike
I know it's a cess pool and I'm guilty of trolling myself. But given that the last shooter made comments on YouTube before doing it and given the current state of lunacy on the left then I think any threats should be considered possible. Making a joke is different than making a threat.

When your business supports the agenda of communists....you are in fact communist.

Yes its their sandbox and they can censor any ideologies they don't like. At their scale it is not like a baker declining to bake a cake for a gay wedding. They control the information bubble of the entire world.

"They" built it, it's their sandbox, their rules. I wouldn't call them Communists, though - they're all in it for the money. And they don't like paying taxes (hence their financial ties to Ireland). The combined wealth of 'The Four' - Google, Amazon, Apple, and Microsoft - is in the Trillions.

When your business supports the agenda of communists....you are in fact communist.

Yes its their sandbox and they can censor any ideologies they don't like. At their scale it is not like a baker declining to bake a cake for a gay wedding. They control the information bubble of the entire world.

Their business is an open-air forum - for every Leftist video they post, Mr. Shapiro posts one of his own. His videos are quite popular on YouTube. Everyone has a say....I don't see much censorship occurring. There are plenty of anti-communist videos on YouTube if you look for them.

Their business is an open-air forum - for every Leftist video they post, Mr. Shapiro posts one of his own. His videos are quite popular on YouTube. Everyone has a say....I don't see much censorship occurring. There are plenty of anti-communist videos on YouTube if you look for them.

There's lots of censorship occurring, with the way videos are monetized (or not) amongst other things; just because it's not overt in most cases doesn't mean that it isn't
happening.

In the grand scheme of things though, youtube is a lightweight compared to faceplant. At least youtube generally will let most peoples videos stand, in some form or another. Faceplant- you pretty much post something "popular but abrasive" and suddenly your post disappears, etc.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom