• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Your New Knife!

Anyone else waiting for the new Microtech OTF's to actually hit stores/channels?? I keep watching the sites I buy knives from and they're either not available (yet) or not even listed. I'm interested in the Hera II as well as the new Cypher. Maybe some of the other new generation OTF's too. I like both the idea behind the screws being covered and not using proprietary screws. It was a PITA to get the ones on the Hera to not walk out on me.

Still need to send the Kershaw Livewire back to get repaired. The Microtech has lasted longer, already.

Attempted to put an edge on my Pig hunter. Def really hard for me when all I have is cheaper adjustable angle work sharp. The arm doesn’t seem like it can do the whole length so I did it in sections. It’s close to slicing paper clean. This is my favorite fixed blade.

Attachments

• IMG_2486.jpeg
    IMG_2486.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 19
Attempted to put an edge on my Pig hunter. Def really hard for me when all I have is cheaper adjustable angle work sharp. The arm doesn’t seem like it can do the whole length so Idid it in sections. It’s close to slicing paper clean. This is my favorite fixed blade.

I like that knife. Is it a Tops wild pig hunter?

I like that knife. Is it a Tops wild pig hunter?
Yes. I got it used. A guy was selling this and the Tops Prather war Bowie together super cheap. So I naturally tried to strip the coating on the Bowie and patina it haha. The wild pig hunter I love and it’s leather sheath

Attachments

• IMG_2495.jpeg
    IMG_2495.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 20
Got this one last week from Station IX.
8” OAL / G10 handle scales / VG10 steel

I like the old school look of these and will be looking for a nice leather sheath for it. The kydex sheath kind of sucks, it’s wicked tight and I could barely get the knife out before adding some 550 cord to grip and pull. Knife itself feels great in the hand, slim and sharp slicer with a wicked point. Allegedly styled after some old WWII era resistance knives.

8441B8F2-A65E-4C88-BF53-81AF3D7827C0.jpeg 106A0D2D-7F31-41B8-A932-95E50B8F7CC3.jpeg 442527F2-46F3-42A7-914F-2C734E66187F.jpeg

Got this one last week from Station IX.
8” OAL / G10 handle scales / VG10 steel

I like the old school look of these and will be looking for a nice leather sheath for it. The kydex sheath kind of sucks, it’s wicked tight and I could barely get the knife out before adding some 550 cord to grip and pull. Knife itself feels great in the hand, slim and sharp slicer with a wicked point. Allegedly styled after some old WWII era resistance knives.

View attachment 844625View attachment 844626View attachment 844627
That looks like a fantastic design for processing small game plus everyday utility duty.

That looks like a fantastic design for processing small game plus everyday utility duty.
Ya it should turn out to be a nice slicer. 👌

Very light and the pear shape of the grip + the finger guard and aggressive jimping up top just fits really nice and very secure in your hand. Daily beater and a cool/fun weekend cheese and bread slicer while we’re drinking seems fitting for the history of the design.

E85EEE77-A7F0-4D11-903E-F1AD4FAF0F76.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom