• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Your New Knife!

From ‘Black Knight Blades’

‘Stalker EDC Lite’
A35285E8-C9D4-4E2D-A05B-C68D786BD343.jpeg

^^ Stock photo with included kydex sheath.

EB143197-A520-47D5-BE7A-C7D08EB4C4A8.jpeg

I replaced the kydex sheath with a Bark River (treated) Adventurer leather neck sheath from DLT TRADING. Originally was a light tan color leather but after treatment it came in nice and dark as shown. 550 cord not included, I was just messing around with it last night and may or may not keep it there.

The sheath has a strong magnet sewn into the leather and acts as a retention device on the blade. Actually works pretty well.

Hanging by magnet:
7B4C5A9E-9D39-48F3-82CD-0A1961ED442F.jpeg AF9D5779-0DC8-48CC-BD2D-A6AA2EEC63F5.jpeg

F7106F78-A759-44AB-BDC7-B07FD1CFB86F.jpeg 72D45992-2BB2-422C-A5C6-85328AB72F6A.jpeg

Beautiful leather sheaths from Bark River by the way. 100% recommended and they have many sizes, shapes and styles to choose from.

574ADB71-90DF-4209-885B-1B98BC4CA157.jpeg 5031FF9F-4A2B-47D7-99D4-117F5A13C134.jpeg

For size comparison that’s a MicroStream light. Really small and lightweight blade @ 2.5” with an
OAL of 6.1” and 1/16” thick 8670 high carbon steel blade.

Glow Bead by ‘Metonboss’, he makes some really nice lanyard beads and handle slabs out of different materials. Great customer service too.

3B6A0293-F340-4A51-AB09-11EA1D9553D0.jpeg 69BFCE62-939B-4ACA-9719-3721DBDCE9C0.jpeg

I will either get some soft rawhide to make a neck loop/hanger or use 550 cord for one. Undecided.

Probably use slip knots on that so it can either hang around the neck at chest level or if needed loosen the slips on each side and slip your arm through it to wear under arm like a cross body sling bag to secure it.

Really nice quality all around on this set up. I’m digging it.

B048FC11-5380-4C07-BB52-881348D6E984.jpeg

Last edited:

‘Stalker EDC Lite’
View attachment 854286

View attachment 854288

I replaced the kydex sheath with a Bark River (treated) Adventurer leather neck sheath from DLT TRADING. Originally was a light tan color leather but after treatment it came in nice and dark as shown. 550 cord not included, I was just messing around with it last night and may or may not keep it there.

The sheath has a strong magnet sewn into the leather and acts as a retention device on the blade. Actually works pretty well.

Hanging by magnet:
View attachment 854334View attachment 854335

View attachment 854290View attachment 854291

Beautiful leather sheaths from Bark River by the way. 100% recommended and they have many sizes, shapes and styles to choose from.

View attachment 854292View attachment 854293

For size comparison that’s a MicroStream light. Really small and lightweight blade @ 2.5” with an

Glow Bead by ‘Metonboss’, he makes some really nice lanyard beads and handle slabs out of different materials. Great customer service too.

View attachment 854332View attachment 854333

I will either get some soft rawhide to make a neck loop/hanger or use 550 cord for one. Undecided.

Probably use slip knots on that so it can either hang around the neck at chest level or if needed loosen the slips on each side and slip your arm through it to wear under arm like a cross body sling bag to secure it.

View attachment 854336
Nice write up 👍

Picked up this little Ruike utility knife for breaking down boxes and every day stuff. The blade is incredible. $23.00 on Amazon. I’m usually reluctant to buy anything “CHINA” but this brand impressed me. I’ll be getting one the next size up. Sanvik steel too. Very similar to Bokers utility line and parent company is Fenix flashlights 73041451986__C3A2A68F-67D8-4594-B153-9719999D1938.jpeg 73041455034__345B08CE-AF48-48A5-9B1A-68497E683AC4.jpeg

Picked up this little Ruike utility knife for breaking down boxes and every day stuff. The blade is incredible. $23.00 on Amazon. I’m usually reluctant to buy anything “CHINA” but this brand impressed me. I’ll be getting one the next size up. Sanvik steel too. Very similar to Bokers utility line and parent company is Fenix flashlightsView attachment 854606View attachment 854607
A friend gave me a Ruike folder which also states Sandvik steel. If it's not true Sandvik it's just as good or better. Friend told me it's priced like a beater and to go ahead and treat it as such. So that's how I use it, and I can't seem to kill the original edge. Maybe it will be difficult to resharpen but who cares.

A friend gave me a Ruike folder which also states Sandvik steel. If it's not true Sandvik it's just as good or better. Friend told me it's priced like a beater and to go ahead and treat it as such. So that's how I use it, and I can't seem to kill the original edge. Maybe it will be difficult to resharpen but who cares.
Same here. I’ve opened or broken down a million corrugated boxes and it’s still scary sharp. My only gripe would be that the backsprings are tumbled causing a rounded edge on them, but that’s just me being picky. Functionality wise blades walk and talk nicely. The catalog says they use needle bearings and roller bearings.

To save the blade. A sharp edge is not required to break the tape and it is actually easier and less damaging to contents.
I use either one of these knives or a regular utility knife for 99% of my box opening or breaking down tasks. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0051QI5X2/
I bought these blades for my utility knife almost eight years ago and still have some left. Damned good blades. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005FUMWBK/

Granted, all of this is at home. I haven't needed to open boxes at any workplace for well over a decade now.

‘Stalker EDC Lite’
View attachment 854286

View attachment 854288

Hanging by magnet:
View attachment 854334View attachment 854335

View attachment 854290View attachment 854291

View attachment 854292View attachment 854293

View attachment 854332View attachment 854333

View attachment 854336
That's a nice-looking blade! Where did you get it? I'm looking at one on Hearts of Texas Armory and the rivets look like shit in the photo they have.

What a great idea! I have lost a few knives over the years from them falling, bouncing out of theaths.
I picked up a few sheets of Kydex to start experimenting with my own sheaths and holsters. I will have to incorporate the magnets!

That's a nice-looking blade! Where did you get it? I'm looking at one on Hearts of Texas Armory and the rivets look like shit in the photo they have.
That’s where I bought mine too, the rivets or solder are also rough on it. Kind of a rustic feel I guess, but, I do enjoy using it, very sharp and thin little blade, the handle/rivets are smooth to the touch, no rough or sharp edges there.

Has a sharp 90* spine for ferro rods, I almost took some sand paper to it initially but didn’t and it’s fine during use.

Disclosure: When I purchased mine off Heart of T Armory I got a text message the same day saying he doesn’t have the brown handled one anymore and asked if I would like the black handled one but I declined. He apologized and contacted the guys at Black Knight, they must know each other as they’re in the same general area, so it took about 10 days or so but I did receive what I ordered.

What a great idea! I have lost a few knives over the years from them falling, bouncing out of theaths.
I picked up a few sheets of Kydex to start experimenting with my own sheaths and holsters. I will have to incorporate the magnets!
Awesome idea, let us know how it goes!

I haven’t tried using a compass yet with this sheath on my body to see if the magnet affects it or not, but if I notice any anomalies I’ll post it up here as a heads up on that.

LOVE my Vision. IMO, better than my AD20.5 in every way.
I realize now that it isn’t a shark lock. The shark lock moves to the rear, compressing a spring. On the Vision the locking bar is pulled upwards.

One thing I don’t like about the Vision is that the scales are very smooth, almost slippery.

I realize now that it isn’t a shark lock. The shark lock moves to the rear, compressing a spring. On the Vision the locking bar is pulled upwards.

One thing I don’t like about the Vision is that the scales are very smooth, almost slippery.
I’ve never had the Civivi apart to examine the mechanism, but in use it feels nearly the same to me. I did take the Demko apart to swap the plastic scales for aluminum. In use, to me, the Demko feels both too thin and too chunky and it carries much wider in the pocket. The Civivi is slimmer but thicker in all the right ways for my hand. And I love the blade angle. It’s very Spideychef IMO. The G10 on my Vision feels like Civivi G10. Not the best, but not the worst either. I got a good deal on this one used, and I love the damasteel, but I’ll probably dye the ivory G10 at some point. I rarely carry it because I don’t want it to get dirty, lol.

IMG_5504.jpeg

I’ve never had the Civivi apart to examine the mechanism, but in use it feels nearly the same to me. I did take the Demko apart to swap the plastic scales for aluminum. In use, to me, the Demko feels both too thin and too chunky and it carries much wider in the pocket.
I think it is a different mechanism. The lock on the Demko you pull back, which compresses the spring. In contrast, the lock on the Vision you pull up. I haven’t had the Vision apart, but I’m guessing that it is significantly different.

Yes, I also replaced the crappy scales on the Demko.

I think it is a different mechanism. The lock on the Demko you pull back, which compresses the spring. In contrast, the lock on the Vision you pull up. I haven’t had the Vision apart, but I’m guessing that it is significantly different.

Yes, I also replaced the crappy scales on the Demko.
I don’t doubt you. I’ve seen YouTube videos of the WE version and you can lift the lock bar right out. Just saying that in use they feel nearly identical. The Civivi feels a little smoother and has less blade play (not that the Demko is loose, it just has a tiny bit of play - where the Civivi has none). I’d bet money on the Demko lock being stronger as Demko is famous for the strength of his locks. But I’m not using either of them heavily enough to cause either of them to fail.

Picked up this little Ruike utility knife for breaking down boxes and every day stuff. The blade is incredible. $23.00 on Amazon. I’m usually reluctant to buy anything “CHINA” but this brand impressed me. I’ll be getting one the next size up. Sanvik steel too. Very similar to Bokers utility line and parent company is Fenix flashlights
China produces a shitload of knives and the quality has improved quite a bit over the years across all types of knives (culinary, pocket, etc...)

My new to me EDC.

Model 1860 light cavalry saber by Ames of Chicopee made in 1864.
1709926829501.jpeg
The scabbard was painted gold at some point which needs to be corrected once I figure out how they were finished. The rings and drag show wear from being carried... and is sporting a few dents. The saber itself is in very good condition.

My new to me EDC.

Model 1860 light cavalry saber by Ames of Chicopee made in 1864.
View attachment 859058
The scabbard was painted gold at some point which needs to be corrected once I figure out how they were finished. The rings and drag show wear from being carried... and is sporting a few dents. The saber itself is in very good condition.
EDC 🤣

Back
Top Bottom