• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

something different- kitchen paring knife

greencobra

NES Member
this is crazy, this knife shouldn't be this good. i was looking for a decent paring knife and a friend gifted me this. name on the blade is bloomhouse. i dunno, never heard of them before. a beautiful knife, fit and finish. i shaved hair from my arm out of the box with the little 4" blade. stainless steel is all i could find out about the blade. full tang, nicely figured olive wood handle. held by 3 stainless pins. whoever did final sanding and polishing was a wizard. i can't feel the seam where the wood and metal meet. everything was going well until...when i was nosing around, i found out it was one of oprahs favorite things. "you get a paring knife! you get a paring knife! you all get a paring knife." almost tossed it. but i've been using it for a few weeks and i like it alot. after every several uses, i give it a few swipes on the sharpmaker to bring back that edge. i have 3 chefs knives i paid over $250 for over the last few years and i didn't like them this much. i think this was 30 bucks. just sayin'. here's a pic of the little knife at rest.

20230822_164506.jpg

Back
Top Bottom