Your New Knife!

Has anyone had good or bad experiences with Benchmade support? I bought a (EMS type) tactical knife and have kept it in my car, basically unused. Periodically have taken it out of the storage drawer and find it hard to open. I add a bit of silicone spray and it opens more easily, for a brief time. After closer inspection I found a burr on the detent to lock it close which has scored the rounded edge of the base of the knife and I think that has been the problem. Benchmade has acknowledged receipt of my email reports but has not other responded since before Thanksgiving. Grrr.

Has anyone had good or bad experiences with Benchmade support? I bought a (EMS type) tactical knife and have kept it in my car, basically unused. Periodically have taken it out of the storage drawer and find it hard to open. I add a bit of silicone spray and it opens more easily, for a brief time. After closer inspection I found a burr on the detent to lock it close which has scored the rounded edge of the base of the knife and I think that has been the problem. Benchmade has acknowledged receipt of my email reports but has not other responded since before Thanksgiving. Grrr.
They cut up turn in guns for the state.

They are too busy trampling gun rights to fix your knife.

And I was a BM fan boi.

No more.

Although if they bring back the afck I will cross the picket line.

BM’s CS is solid but that is completely different from what you are asking about. You are asking for transparency and tracking during a repair procedure.

Dry your panties off, relax, and wait. If the knife is real they will take care of you, fix it, sharpen it, and send it home. If it’s a fake they will call you then dispose of it.

Years ago I bought a used Barrage at an REI sidewalk sale. It was missing a rivet or something like that, but I knew about Benchmade's CS and I was aware I could send it in and get it refurbed for free. It came back to me about a month later, good as new.

Not bad for about $15.

PXL_20231209_030743538.jpg not gonna apologize for the hand print marks on the blade. Picked up a NiB Cara (Spyderco sub brand) with one of the nastiest serrations I have owned. Scales feel like an Endura/delica 4 pattern, but I know the plastic isn't as good.

I'm doing the break in open and close requisite number of cycles while running on the treadmill before adding some clp and stashing this in one of my gobags. Super solid back lock. No wiggle at all in the blade. I know 8cr13mov isn't cool any more, but it's also gonna be fine as a bug out backup knife.

Edit: oh, and adding a small Paracord lanyard, likely with inners removed and a small simple knot pair. Color will be orange.

I’ve had good experiences with them. They have a lifesharp program, at least they did.

Your Mom never told you not to run with scissors? Or you just decided to take it up a notch with that knife?
Ah, it was an old joke from EDC forums. "What? What do you mean you EDC a blade without personally reprofiling the edge? What?, what do you mean you didn't test the locking mechanism for 245 lock cycles? What? What do you mean you don't obsessively open and close your EDC while stuck in traffic to sharpen your skills. "

Sarcasm. (I do my lock mech checkouts while watching YouTube vids, of course!)

Pics without sheath please

I posted this sometime ago, same knife except with wolf grey handle…

30FygNR.jpg

🐯

Friend of mine just retired. Staying with us a couple of weeks/months while sorting out VA/pension/etc.

Showed him a couple of my knives while drinking the other night. He just dug this out of one of his gear boxes and gave it to me.
View attachment 830127
I've had a Seal Team Elite in my night stand for several years now. Thinking that I might move it into the truck now...

Decided to get the new Leatherman Arc during the holidays. Arrived the other day and already liking it better than the Charge (Ti) that was my most recent model purchased (several years ago now). Like the way it secures and how easy it is to open up. Really can do that with just one hand now. MagnaCut straight edge/blade is also a nice change from the 420 that most of them are using. Not sure what I'll do with the Charge yet.

I picked up my first Leatherman in the early 90's, the original SuperTool. Still use it often enough. The Arc might just take over for that one too. SuperTool could make it's way into the truck.

Pics:
PXL_20231230_213330637.jpg PXL_20231230_213400004.jpg

My father passed away last month and I inherited his knife collection. It’s about 100 assorted fixed blade and folding knives, some of which are really cool. Pulled some out today as I was processing some of his belongings but need to inventory it all properly at some point.

My father passed away last month and I inherited his knife collection. It’s about 100 assorted fixed blade and folding knives, some of which are really cool. Pulled some out today as I was processing some of his belongings but need to inventory it all properly at some point.

Sorry for your loss.

Pictures will be cool when you get caught up.

🐯

Benchmade Osborne 940-1, S90V steel, titanium Rockscale Design Mollusk scales, titanium backspacer. I’m still waiting on a deep carry pocket clip from LynchNW.

View attachment 833420
That’s a beauty, you’d think for the money they would offer a deep carry clip from BM. You can’t go wrong with Lynch, they make nice stuff. Post up a pic when you get your new ti clip .

-Jerry

Back
Top Bottom