Your New Knife!

Got it. Thanks. My knowledge of Bokers is VERY dated. I remember looking at them in the late '90s, when their pricing was high-end. Something about ceramic blades, IIRC, though I never did buy one.
Boker has like 3 levels of quality. You would have to read up on it because I’m not sure how they do it. They have some low end stuff and some higher end stuff. I have a few different daggers they make, but was never a huge fan boy.

For collectors of the oddities and unusual knives.

I actually like it. If it was under $50, I'd be tempted. Hell, if it had a blade shape I was into, I might even jump at $70.

Is your concern with the blade shape the potential for kindergarten flashbacks?

IiNVwRV.jpg

MnTWLxk.jpg

🐯

Just putting this together. Didnt realize he was the resident SAK aficionado. If its any consolation the appreciation lives on. Big Fan.

Also recently found this Trail Guide, nice tool set that was only avail via the Marlboro catalog.
View attachment 812886

He was always excited about the SAK special editions. And you're right: he does live on!

Is there any reason I shouldn't buy a Microtech Ultratech??
I love love love my Microtech. Prob my most carried knife save for out in the yard type work. The fast, easy open close is great.

Downside is you don’t want to use in on anything dirty. I’d watch even too much tape residue if opening boxes. Want to keep the mechanism clean. Also standing around a table of soccer moms you don’t necessarily want to volunteer to open a package.

4FB257A5-3AE8-4BBF-8F73-BA45CA240EF0.jpeg 39AA28D8-BC18-4805-B5B6-FE8578AF4276.jpeg

Last edited:
I love love love my Microtech. Prob my most carried knife save for out in the yard type work. The fast, easy open close is great.

Downside is you don’t want to use in on anything dirty. I’d watch even too much tape residue is opening boxes. Want to keep the mechanism clean. Also standing around a table of soccer moms you don’t necessarily want to volunteer to open a package.

View attachment 812959View attachment 812960
Thank you. Just ordered the black partially serrated. Will post some pics when I get it.

Not mine, but I bought this for my oldest son’s first knife birthday present. I got a good deal on the paracord model but I will get him some scales separately. I felt like the deal was so good I bought one now for each of my kids even though the others are years away from getting them. I’m glad I did. This knife feels better in my hand than any I have ever held. I wish I got one for myself. I’m going to if I see a good deal again.

IMG_2607.jpeg

I got a Spyderco Manix 2 Lightweight with translucent blue FRCP handle, CTS BD1N steel.

Great form factor for my hands. I do think I like the slight softer feel of their FRN handle material a little better than the FRCP that is used on this knife. But a solid construct with no play in the blade, and for an 8 inch (3.37 blade) knife it is amazingly light at 2.8 oz on my postal scale.

UWgasKLh.jpg

BTW while I was online checking on the shipping for this knife I came across a flash sale $83 for a Spyderco Edura 4 Lightweight, it will arrive today :cool:

🐯

Last edited:

So, they arrived!

I'd only ever handled one Becker before; this thing is BROAD. Feels good in the hand, but it seems bigger than it is, if that makes sense. Sheath seems kinda chintzy, but functional.

IMG_3562.jpeg IMG_3561.jpeg

As for the hatchet, I brought it outside this morning and felled a couple of trees with it. It'll work.

IMG_3559.jpeg
Here’s what two trees (about 3 and 5 inches respectively) did to the factory edge.

IMG_3560.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom