Your New Knife!

jeez, what a shame. i liked their rat line. a lotta knife for the money. sounds like they just are going to relocate. they'll never be the same knife, history with other brands packing up and moving operations just rarely works out. only 57 employees. christ, they couldn't just keep 'em on and continue operations right where they are now. the skills those employees have are priceless with no place to utilize them. too bad, feel bad for those folks.

Kershaw had a sale on a few models during 18th-23rd, which I just now slipped in on the end of thanks to the time difference between here and Oregon I guess.

I will post a photo when they arrive, but this was an impulse buy and I will probably use them as gifts for others.

Three knives, total $78.58 with tax and free shipping.

okLI79S.jpg

The third one above had only two reviews and they were both just 3 star pointing out the knife was hard to open (assisted). However, Kershaw had added a note to the page saying they had changed from bearings to bronze phosphor washers, and while it seems like bearings would be better what do I know. They had a video of the knife being operated and it seemed to open pretty easy.

The eight sale items are still posted, if you are reading this now 2:39 AM you might still get in on the deal. $50 is all you need for free shipping.

🐯

a lot of chatter about civivi knives the last year on the knife boards. i wanted to try one, saw this civivi NOx on youtube, looked interesting but not for the money ~60 bucks. when i went to check it out on blade hq i found the nox was discontinued and on sale for 50% off. bought it for 29 bucks. small knife, 2.75" blade. some budget steel i never heard of, nitro v, i dunno. out of the box sharp as hell. it'll take an edge easy enough and maintain it for a while. but you can get it razor sharp. frame lock. flipper open. the knife is small so the frame lock and flipper open, not a good combo. scales are stainless steel. comes with zippered case and cloth, nice packaging. i wouldn't have paid the 60 but $29, yeah worth it. i do like the drop point blade, and the flat grind. it also has bronze washers, huh! on a budget knife! yep.

20230802_120839_resized.jpg 20230802_122408.jpg

Kershaw had a sale on a few models during 18th-23rd, which I just now slipped in on the end of thanks to the time difference between here and Oregon I guess.

I will post a photo when they arrive, but this was an impulse buy and I will probably use them as gifts for others.

Three knives, total $78.58 with tax and free shipping.

okLI79S.jpg

The third one above had only two reviews and they were both just 3 star pointing out the knife was hard to open (assisted). However, Kershaw had added a note to the page saying they had changed from bearings to bronze phosphor washers, and while it seems like bearings would be better what do I know. They had a video of the knife being operated and it seemed to open pretty easy.

The eight sale items are still posted, if you are reading this now 2:39 AM you might still get in on the deal. $50 is all you need for free shipping.

🐯

Knives arrived Monday. A good bargin I would say. I already have someone in mind to gift the center one, ‘Showtime’. I will probably keep the bottom one, ‘Amplitude,’ we will have to see about the top one, ‘Collateral’.

HBdicdth.jpg

🐯

A good bargin I would say.
for sure! i think kershaw makes super value for the money knives. i only own one sadly, a scallion. but i've had it for 19 years now. carried it daily to work with my delica for 10 years, hardly shows any pocket wear...crazy. 420 blade steel. a budget steel but you can get it crazy sharp. oddly, like the rest of the knife, the blade looks phenomenally unscathed, almost new, for a daily driver. i took it apart once to see how the spring assist mechanism worked. mistake, not being mechanical, i had to send it back to be put back right. i'm a bone head. and i sent it back one more time for resharpening. i retired the scallion when i retired.

as usual, i get rambling. maybe you could report back when you had some time with your kershaw's. let us know how you like them and how the steel sharpens and is holding an edge. i think one of your new knives uses 8cr13mov steel. i've heard mixed reviews but generally favorable. enjoy, and do a review, please! lol

Picked up this Santa Fe Stoneworks knife a few weeks ago.
nice.

i'm putting up a pic of the spyderco kiwi's santa fe did 20? years ago. the kiwi has been retired for some years from spyderco, but it's been close to 20 years since i was really active on their boards. the knife sold originally for 85 bucks i believe. santa fe sold them for close to 300 when they finished. i saw one this morning, a s.f. stoneworks kiwi, on ebay going for a bit over $300. there was a spyderco enthusiast on their board who went nuts over the santa fe kiwi's. had a huge collection of them. they are attractive. use to do a lot of work in turquois.

a nice knife mr. rivr1, congratulations. is it gonna see pocket time?

the santa fe kiwi, below. it's a very small "gentleman's" type knife.

1691241479127.png

So I have not heard of this company and this post made me check them out. Cool looking knives but they don't state where the materials come from, just that they are assembled in USA. Does the knife or box itself say made in USA? For short money I get it but they have $200+ knives.
nothing on the box, but $200 for an OTF would make me think its not all USA sourced. just took mine apart, and was impressed with the design, and simplicity of it. very easy to clean, lube, and reassemble

Last edited:
So I have not heard of this company and this post made me check them out. Cool looking knives but they don't state where the materials come from, just that they are assembled in USA. Does the knife or box itself say made in USA? For short money I get it but they have $200+ knives.
There are many threads about them on knife forums. They’re made in China OTF’s, these young guys in Arizona then started their own company disassembling them and refining the actions with better quality springs and other updates to make them (allegedly) better than your typical made in China models. At least this is my understanding of it.

I have 2 of their knives and they’re very decent quality. Obv not on a Microtech level but also not at a Microtech price making them an option for I’d say middle ground OTF’s.

One of the cool things about them is that you can basically make your own (blade choice, handle slab colors, screw colors, etc) on their website and they’ll put it together for you. Just a neat option you don’t see other places.

Last edited:
50% off convinced me…….
”summerend” for 1/2 off all knives at ravenquest tactical
wtf is wrong with me? Lol……
enjoy! where are these made, do you know? i was just over to their site nosing around and didn't see any point of origin. not that it matters. i'll buy from anywhere and anyone, not proud.

View attachment 791338
Couldn’t resist. Totally worth it.
Welcome to the club! The Halo was my Holy Grail and I finally said “F it” about 10 years back and bought one. Love that Urban Camo
IMG_0521.jpeg
I am a Microtech fanboy and have had my eye on an Arbiter and a Stitch auto for a while, but couldn’t find them in stock anywhere. Finally got lucky with both this week and blew my kids college fund.

IMG_0522.jpeg

My custom titan bravo from ravenquesttactical.com arrived. It’s definitely different from any other knife. I went with the tanto blade, battleworn fde cerakote for the body, battleworn nra blue for the screws, clip and glass breaker and usmc red for the button. I love the fde body but think the red is too bright and the blue is too dark. This knife is heavy at 8oz. It’s also way too large to clip into a front pocket (in women’s pants at least…..). The thumb button does require decent force to extend/retract the blade. This will end up being a novelty safe queen.

Attachments

• IMG_0725.jpeg
    IMG_0725.jpeg
    872.9 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0724.jpeg
    IMG_0724.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0723.jpeg
    IMG_0723.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0726.jpeg
    IMG_0726.jpeg