Your New Knife!

My custom titan bravo from ravenquesttactical.com arrived. It’s definitely different from any other knife. I went with the tanto blade, battleworn fde cerakote for the body, battleworn nra blue for the screws, clip and glass breaker and usmc red for the button. I love the fde body but think the red is too bright and the blue is too dark. This knife is heavy at 8oz. It’s also way too large to clip into a front pocket (in women’s pants at least…..). The thumb button does require decent force to extend/retract the blade. This will end up being a novelty safe queen.
You have to tell us how much that bad boy cost. Microtech money or more?

My custom titan bravo from Raven Crest Tactical arrived. It’s definitely different from any other knife. I went with the tanto blade, battleworn fde cerakote for the body, battleworn nra blue for the screws, clip and glass breaker and usmc red for the button. I love the fde body but think the red is too bright and the blue is too dark. This knife is heavy at 8oz. It’s also way too large to clip into a front pocket (in women’s pants at least…..). The thumb button does require decent force to extend/retract the blade. This will end up being a novelty safe queen.
Thanks for the tip - I'll keep an eye out for the sales !

So I’ve had this BM crooked river for years , but I never carried it because I didn’t like the clip it came with. I ordered a new clip from Lynch , deep carry compact version. I’m really digging it, so I guess it’s like a new knife to me. Now I’ll use it with the new clip.
I opted for the feather logo. 7B5B5BA1-889D-4146-AB01-3F69F9A770C4.jpeg 7E1D63FE-CFFC-4AE7-A8DB-ECEEE8FF7023.jpeg

Going to be filling out the warranty paperwork on the Kershaw Livewire I bought in early June (ordered June 9th) since it's already had a major failure. One of the two springs inside it had it's end (loop) break off. There were other issues with it from the start with the screws NOT having thread locker on them. Not to mention the action was gritty as hell right out of the box. As in zero lube used and it felt like the blade was rubbing the aluminum handle inside.

While I like the blade design, and it's decent in the hand, it feels like they cut too many corners on either the design or material selection aspect. I've had zero issues with all of the other Kershaw automatics I've purchased. But the Livewire is their first OTF. Maybe the issues are isolated to early production run units (hopefully) and it will either be resolved with the repair, or they'll replace it with an updated version (not seeing anything where they've made any changes). I plan to also reach out to the supplier I bought from with the issues, and concerns, over this model.

IMO, if you're thinking about getting one, hold off for at least a while.

Going to be filling out the warranty paperwork on the Kershaw Livewire I bought in early June (ordered June 9th) since it's already had a major failure. One of the two springs inside it had it's end (loop) break off. There were other issues with it from the start with the screws NOT having thread locker on them. Not to mention the action was gritty as hell right out of the box. As in zero lube used and it felt like the blade was rubbing the aluminum handle inside.

While I like the blade design, and it's decent in the hand, it feels like they cut too many corners on either the design or material selection aspect. I've had zero issues with all of the other Kershaw automatics I've purchased. But the Livewire is their first OTF. Maybe the issues are isolated to early production run units (hopefully) and it will either be resolved with the repair, or they'll replace it with an updated version (not seeing anything where they've made any changes). I plan to also reach out to the supplier I bought from with the issues, and concerns, over this model.

IMO, if you're thinking about getting one, hold off for at least a while.
Sorry to hear, I’m sure Kershaw will make it right and you’ll have better luck with your refurbished knife. Keep us posted.

Sorry to hear, I’m sure Kershaw will make it right and you’ll have better luck with your refurbished knife. Keep us posted.
I need to do all the forms they want in order to send the automatic back in for repair.

I ordered a Microtech Hera that shipped out Tuesday. ETA is tomorrow. I put a comment on the order about hoping it would hold up better than the Livewire. Guy from KSF called me up about that. 😁 Depending on how smooth the blade moves on the Hera (as well as the Livewire once it returns), I'll apply a few drops of MSS Accuracy Oil to it. Stuff is really nice lube.

I actually like it. If it was under $50, I'd be tempted. Hell, if it had a blade shape I was into, I might even jump at $70.

I actually like it. If it was under $50, I'd be tempted. Hell, if it had a blade shape I was into, I might even jump at $70.
I didn’t see the price, but if it’s more than $30 I would pass. Kalishnakovs are kind of cheap and I think I paid $20 and change for the one I have.

I didn’t see the price, but if it’s more than $30 I would pass. Kalishnakovs are kind of cheap and I think I paid $20 and change for the one I have.

Ya they’re asking $70.00 for this one. Pretty high.

Got it. Thanks. My knowledge of Bokers is VERY dated. I remember looking at them in the late '90s, when their pricing was high-end. Something about ceramic blades, IIRC, though I never did buy one.

Back
Top Bottom