Your first pistol and rifle

I bought my first shot gun at 16 mossy 500.
I bought my first handgun at post rd in Warwick RI. Colt 1911 new $500. I still have both in my safe.

Came home from the Army in 1989 and all my pals in NYS were hunting deer with handguns.
So I went up to Creekside Gun Shop in Canandaigua , NY and bought a used Ruger Redhawk .44 Mag. Never could shoot that gun.
Sold it cheap to a NES member about five years ago. As soon as I sold it I regretted it.

Shot my dad's nice .22 bolt action Winchester as a kid.
Thing's a real tack driver. He still has it and is not ready to let it go yet..

Edit - Ok, forgot about the bb guns. Red Ryder for X-mas when I was in 4th grade. Immediately went to the hay barn and started slaying pigeons and starlings. Followed by the Crossman 760 two years later. I still have both guns and had the Crossman rebuilt a couple years ago by a guy in western Ma. Shoots great for a 40 year old gun.

Last edited:
Technically both were Crossman BB guns when I was just a lad. I think 8. Many a pigeon and squirrel were slain.

For real firearms:
Kahr P40
AR15 - RR lower, BCM upper

The Kahr was dirt cheap on consignment. Didn't keep it long, less than 6mo if I recall.

Sig P250c, because it was literally the only thing available post-sandyhook (that I could afford, at the shop of my first purchase.)
Mosin 91-30 from B&K, from a group buy here.

First firearm that wasn't Dad's or issued to me was a Mossy 500. Still have it.

First handgun was actually two. Purchased a Sig 226 and a S&W 686 , 4" barrel, the first day I got my LTC, from Four Seasons. Still have them both.

Did the same with rifles. Bought a Rem 700 SPS in 308 w/ a Leupold 4x12 scope and a Sig 556 with a Vortex red dot, on the same day about a week after I got my ltc. Still have the 700. Sold the 556.

Handgun a Springfield xd9sc. Great little gun and I do miss it but alas it was stolen, by my wife.
Rifle a put together dissipator ar monstrosity made by me. Also stolen by my wife. I don't complain though, every time she takes one of my guns I get an excuse to get another.

Back
Top Bottom