Your first pistol and rifle

Kisspik002

NES Member
So I figured I would start a fun topic. What was your very first pistol and rifle. Could have been new, used, passed down...GO

Pistol- Beretta 92FS
Rifle- Mosin M38

Last edited:
My first pistol was a smith k-38 and rifle, a Plainfield machine m1 carbine. I remember buying that at Bernie Gould's in medford. Year was 1971-72 or so.

Assuming no pellet guns from childhood:

Pistol: Ruger GP100
Rifle: Mosin Magant 91/30

Charter Arms AR-7 on 18th birthday (hid it from anti-gun parents)

Ruger Security Six, 6" .357 revolver on 21st birthday (yes, also hid from parents)

if anybody cares, 2nd rifle was Colt AR-15 w/triangular stock, age 19, from Ivanhoe's in Watertown for $299

At 9yo I was handed down my father's Steveans Springfield .22 semi-auto rifle. Made before 1934 so not serialized. I still have it. Just refinished the stock and barrel.

At 12yo my dad bought me a Ruger Single Six revolver. . 22 with the. 22mag extra cylinder.

Last edited:
First rifle at age 12, Winchester 1892. ( Also got a Sears Ted Williams 12G at the same time). First pistol, Ruger GP100 40 years later.

Very first would be...

Rifle: Stevens lever-action 22LR

Pistol: Hi-Standard target pistol 22LR

My dad got me into shooting early...

dad_zpsfrfktohg.jpg

A S&W 22a target pistol, and a Bushmaster AR15 A2 HBAR.

Kind of wish I hadn't sold either of them :-(

Pistol : S&W 686 From Colman's Sporting Goods, Hanover in 1985 for a whopping 329.81 with tax
Rifle : Marlin 39A that my father gave me that he bought new in 1958 from a Hardware store in Brockton.

First pistol was a S&W model 60 stainless Chiefs Special. I was 14 or 15 and my dad handed it to me and told me it was my carry gun. My first rifle was a Remington pump action 243. The first gun I ever bought was a Sig P230 in stainless. It was my 21st birthday. I carried it everyday for a long time, including college, how things have changed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pistol - S&W M&P 340PD (my current revolver is the first handgun I have ever bought for myself after getting my LTC)

Rifle - Ruger 10-22 (back long before the days of AWB, LTC's and magazine restrictions). I had a 100 round magazine, 2 I believe 40 or maybe 50 round mags, and a really nice scope. I wish I still had that gun, I do miss it. I can remember going to Kmart and other department stores that sold guns and buying boxes and boxes of ammo when it was on sale. Those were some fun days.

Ruger sr9c.

Technically, an AR15 stripped lower, but I ended up getting a 10/22 before I got the AR completed.

Back
Top Bottom