Your concealed carry and why

The CZ P01 is fairly compact, not steel but alloy. It’s similar in size to my P225 but I shoot it better and the simple rubber grip feels great in hand.
I’ve been looking at the P01 but I just haven’t found the deal I’m looking for. I’ve got a Shadow 2 that I absolutely love so transitioning over to that could be easy.

I’ve been looking at the P01 but I just haven’t found the deal I’m looking for. I’ve got a Shadow 2 that I absolutely love so transitioning over to that could be easy.
I own a P01 Omega with Hogue grips and TRUGLO sights and a Cajun Gun Works trigger/carry package. Nick at NH guns and ammo did the work, very nice pistol/

If I’m in a rush my Smith & Wesson 642 is usually in my front pocket in a Clinger Holster. In my other pocket are 2 zip strips for another 12 rounds. Small, reliable and convenient.

If I want more capacity I put my LC9S in the Comfort Cling holster in one pocket. In my other pocket I use a deep Neomag clip which holds a spare mag with a magnet. I have an IWB appendix carry holster for my LC9S but I’m just too damn fat to be comfortable using AIWB lately. Time to hit the gym.

If I go full boat I put my HK P30SK and two mags in an Alessi shoulder holster. That’s my most common winter carry since I always have a sweatshirt or sweater to cover it. I hate wearing more than one layer of clothes in the summer so when I wear the P30SK I’ll switch to my Stealthgear IWB or OWB for under a light coat.

I've carried a G19 IWB since the psycho muzzies at San Bernadino. I also carry extra mags.

In the very hottest of weather I'll get my PM9 out, and if the deepest of concealment is needed, 2 BG380's.

I am working my new P365 into the rotation, but haven't found a holster I like for it yet.

And range time with the PM9 and BG380's takes the fun out of it, but my G19 tupperware is manageable and I can shoot consistently with it.

I am working my new P365 into the rotation, but haven't found a holster I like for it yet.

I just ordered a Vedder Light Tuck for my 365, LightTuck™ Kydex IWB will let you know how I like it when it arrives Thursday but this will be the 5th one I order and have liked it in all my other guns so I can't imagine not liking it (P238, P938, Shield, XDE). I particularly like this holster for the smaller guns. Have also run the Crossbreed SuperTuck (Shield) and the Vedder Rapid Tuck (also Shield). Sent the crossbreed back, was a good holster but a little overkill for me. Don't have the P238 anymore and will probably sell the P938 & Shield now.

g43, g19, and recently with bulker clothes a g34 (in the same holster as my g19 with x300). In phlster and darkstar gear aiwb holsters
i've played around with my p365 (in a aiwb blackpoint tactical), which is just about the most concealable semi-pistol ever, but i don't trust it yet.

Ruger Lc9s in a pancake holster whenever I am wearing a belt. Light, hides easily under a t-shirt, and I shoot it better than many of my full size pistols. Much better trigger than my buddy's shield...even after he had the apex kit put in. KelTec P3AT in a front pocket holster when I'm not wearing a belt, or have to tuck. Awful trigger on that thing and no sights to speak of and it kicks like a fricken mule, but I can put all 7 rounds in an appetizer plate at 7 yards, and it has gone boom every time I've pulled the trigger.

I carry a G19 probably 75% of the time and a shield 25%. Usually it’s AIWB but if I have to wear a heavy coat I go 330.

I’d like to add a smaller, lighter gun to the equation for the very rare times I can only pocket carry, or maybe to add to the pocket of a winter coat.

I own a P01 Omega with Hogue grips and TRUGLO sights and a Cajun Gun Works trigger/carry package. Nick at NH guns and ammo did the work, very nice pistol/

Were the Hogue grips cut to fit? I don't see a model for the P01. After trying wood, G10 and plastic grips on different guns, I think I like rubber grips.

I rarely carry but when I do it's usually a Smith 638. Kinda oldschool but it's comfortable. Used to carry a P225 until I started wearing clothing that fit.

Currently my VP9 in a OWB Desantis. Or a 938 Extreme in a OWB Desantis.
I just wear a one size to big Carhart T-shirt and I'm good to go even with a 92FS.

Rotated so many EDC guns over the (many) years. But currently a G43. I’m lazy.

It’s a long list of what I have tried and still have. The G43 is a decent compromise. Not the ideal gun. But checks off a lot of boxes.

Beretta 92FS is my number one choice, it's big but I usually wear a sports jacket so it's reasonably easy to hide.
If I want to carry something smaller or in warmer weather it'll be my Beretta 85 Cheetah which is basically a shrunk down version of the 92. It shoots very smoothly and it's about 2/3 the size of the FS.
I also have a Walther PPK 380 which is a beauty, it only holds six rounds so I have to carry multiple magazines, the recoil has a bit of a bite to it so if I had to shoot more than 18 rounds with it I'm going to have a sore hand. It's like a beautiful girl with a slightly abrasive personality.
Lastly, my Ruger LC9S is smooth and also easy to conceal, it also had a bite to it until I got some nice grips for it, now it's a pleasure.

Beretta 92FS is my number one choice, it's big but I usually wear a sports jacket so it's reasonably easy to hide.
If I want to carry something smaller or in warmer weather it'll be my Beretta 85 Cheetah which is basically a shrunk down version of the 92. It shoots very smoothly and it's about 2/3 the size of the FS.
I also have a Walther PPK 380 which is a beauty, it only holds six rounds so I have to carry multiple magazines, the recoil has a bit of a bite to it so if I had to shoot more than 18 rounds with it I'm going to have a sore hand. It's like a beautiful girl with a slightly abrasive personality.
Lastly, my Ruger LC9S is smooth and also easy to conceal, it also had a bite to it until I got some nice grips for it, now it's a pleasure.

Right there with you on the size of the FS. When I stopped wearing suits daily, I dropped the 92FS as my EDC.

I just ordered a Vedder Light Tuck for my 365, LightTuck™ Kydex IWB will let you know how I like it when it arrives Thursday but this will be the 5th one I order and have liked it in all my other guns so I can't imagine not liking it (P238, P938, Shield, XDE). I particularly like this holster for the smaller guns. Have also run the Crossbreed SuperTuck (Shield) and the Vedder Rapid Tuck (also Shield). Sent the crossbreed back, was a good holster but a little overkill for me. Don't have the P238 anymore and will probably sell the P938 & Shield now.

I have the Vedder for my p365 with the claw. It literally disappears and is super comfortable. I carry at 4 o'clock and can lay down with no comfort issues.

20190206_170607.jpg

S&W Pro Series 1911 .45 3"

Because its light, comfortable and a .45, I have a M&P Shield 9mm that is virtually the same size and holds only one more round.

Back
Top Bottom