Your concealed carry and why

Ill start off, my current concealed carry is a m&p shield 40 but I am transitioning to carrying a 45 handgun although I don't know if I should still go with the m&p line compact or just buy a 1911. Why? I simply like bigger bullets and feel comfortable with them. The reasons my current concealed carry is a m&p shield 40 are the grip angle, the reliability 1200 rounds no malfunctions, easy to conceal, plus the gun points naturally in my hands which is very important in shot efficiency. I am curious to what y'all are carrying.

Just like the title says, your concealed carry and why?

Shield 9mm.

It is highly concealable for a stocky guy, very reliable, and I can put rounds on target with it extremely well.

I use 9mm because its everywhere, relatively inexpensive as far as quality JHPs and FMJ range ammo go, and I can carry a little more ammo in the magazine on most guns.

Just picked up a Glock 43 for the GF and surprisingly I carry it more than she does, its small light and feels great! I usually carry the Glock 27 but this is so much lighter. Moved to AZ so something smaller works better with a light tee shirt. You know cuz its soooo hot out here :)

I have multiple CCW guns and carry them for a number of different reasons. Sometimes, but not often, I carry a 1911 in a shoulder rig with 2 spare mags. It's my Sunday go to church gun.
When it is 90 degrees out I carry a PM9. Sometimes a 320c. Sometimes a 229 in .40. or a 226/220. Rarely, I carry a wheel gun with a couple of speed loaders. Very rarely, I carry a big revolver. Just in case I want to shoot through an engine block.

Variety is a good thing.

Back in PA when I was allowed to carry...

Para Ordinance P10 or FN 57 in a shoulder Holster (with 2 Extra mags 31 of .45 ACP or 61 of 5.7mm shots)
Pocket carry S&W 340 or Colt Mustang Pocketlite

Last edited:
IWB most of the time, shield 9, small comfortable and I shoot it well.

During the cold months I sometimes carry the Wilson kz-45 compact OWB. More capacity and who doesn’t love a 45?

In general the iwb setup is more concealable, the owb setup is slightly more comfortable.

VP9 - Full size, but not an issue for me iwb, especially in the winter months. Might be in the market for a Shield 9mm, purely from a comfort perspective for the summer months.

Mostly an xD45 mod.2 IWB. Jeans and a t-shirt and gtg. When it's cold enough to justify a long-sleeve shirt over a t-shirt, or frigid enough (below 25 or so) to wear an actual coat, a e-Series 1911 in a shoulder rig. Always 2 spare mags weakside, one pocket one belt. Of course with the 1911 there's another two in the holster; no reason other than around the house I'm usually in an old pair of baggies and the shrieking from my teen daughters if the gun pulled them down would be EPIC. So I "wear" the 1911 at home 95% of the time. Two or three times a year when "concealed REALLY means concealed it's a Shield 9 in an SnakeBite ankle holster.

Cold weather/feel like I might need it: Sig P226 w/ 20rd magazine
Neutral weather/most of the time: G19 gen 5 with a spare 17 rd mag
Hot weather/quick errand/pocket: LCP II with a spare 8 rd mag
When feeling hipster: 1962 East German Makarov

Whenever I get around to buying a holster for my 1980 S&W Model 15 I'll try that with speed loaders. It fits in my jacket pocket but prints extremely obviously.

Either the Shield 9 or the Shield 45 with a spare mag horizontal on the weak side. Talon grip and Apex done on both. It's a carry gun it's gonna get beat up a bit no need for anything fancy.

TheLostOne, post: 6209713, member: 67698"]Ill start off, my current concealed carry is a m&p shield 40 but I am transitioning to carrying a 45 handgun although I don't know if I should still go with the m&p line compact or just buy a 1911. Why? I simply like bigger bullets and feel comfortable with them. The reasons my current concealed carry is a m&p shield 40 are the grip angle, the reliability 1200 rounds no malfunctions, easy to conceal, plus the gun points naturally in my hands which is very important in shot efficiency. I am curious to what y'all are carrying.

Just like the title says, your concealed carry and why?
Look at the Shield 45. Love mine it's a great shooter and not much bigger than the 9/40.

S&W 40C IWB most of the time. I shoot it well and with the 10 round mag limit in MA it removes the 9 advantage. I rotate a shield 9 on at times but much prefer the 40C. It fits my hands better the 40C. In hot weather and shorts with a tee I have a 638 I pocket carry with 125 Spear Lawman +p.

I was carrying a 9mm Shield until recently, when I switched to a Springfield Armory XD mod 2 in .45, w/3.3" barrel. I like .45s and find them more enjoyable to shoot. I use 230 grain hardball ammo in 9 rd mag, with 10 rd back-up. The .45 will stand up better against wildlife while in the woods.

Last edited:
PPS M2. Reliable, shoots well, nice crisp trigger, feels great in the hand, solid sights, carries well. Needs nothing but maybe some Talon grips.

Glock 26 with G19 mags w/ x-grip adapter. Because I'm lazy and haven't gone out and found a G19 yet.

Basically because with pre-bans you get 15+1. Plus it's a Glock: simplicity of construction, track record for reliability, and I shoot it well.

I also pocket carry a Kahr PM9 for occasions when I can't conceal the G26 for some reason. Or when I'm being lazy around the house.

Ruger LCR in the winter. Glock 19 the rest of the year.

My two cents: if you feel the need to justify your choice of CCW, then maybe you're just not 100% sold on it yourself. In that case, simply do more research and reading. This is especially true when people rush to explain why they like a particular caliber. Not directed at the OP, just a general statement.

Sometimes I need a oversized sweatshirt.

hqdefault.jpg

G19 iwb or PM9 pocket carry depending on where I am and what level of concealment I need.

G19 because its a good compromise between being big enough that I feel comfortable shooting it while still being small enough to conceal. PM9 when I need to make sure it absolutely disappears. Spare mag and pepper spray to give me another option between fists and shooting someone.

XDS 9 3.3 in the summer, or Shield 45.

G32 most other times, even in the summer sometimes if i don't care about printing a little, which I don't....... winter G22 or G21.

I'm not sure why I even bought the small size guns....

Most of them ride IWB in CYA holsters, or Don Hume leather, Hot Underwood Carry ammo.

Last edited:
Depends on the situation and location that I am in. If I'm at work then concealment is key so I'll either run my Shield 45 or Glock 26, but if I'm not at work it's either my 226 Legion or 229 each chambered in 9mm. I'm trying to walk away from polymer frames as I seem to shoot better with a steel frame, but I am yet to find one in a compact flavor.

M&P shield 9mm
because it is in the goldilocks zone for size.
it's small enough to CC comfortably, but large enough to practice with.
I feel as though a lot of people go as small as they can for a CC, they take it to the range, make sure it goes bang, say this thing sucks to shoot and carry without really knowing the gun.
the shield and the 42/43 are in my mind, the perfect size. you can bring them to the range and put a lot of rounds through them without regretting it.

Back
Top Bottom