Your concealed carry and why

G43 85% of the time G19 all others...

I have .45s but rarely carry them, the extra recoil interferes with rapid one handed shooting.... do a bunch of one handed drills on a shot timer a lot of people will dump .40 and .45 right quick... even ultra hot 9mm is "faster".

I used to carry 10mm, big .45s, etc... eff that, too slow and too much of a pain in the ass. Guns like that for me now are range toys or woods guns.....

-Mike

Sig P239 in .40, single stack, medium frame size. Don Humme black leather Jit Slide holster rides close to the waist and conceals well. 3.6" barrel provides good accuracy at defensive distances. Hogue rubber grip adds control to a package that works well for me.

I work in an office where the normal attire is a tucked in dress shirt, with the jacket coming off at the start of the day and not going back on until I'm leaving. So pocket carry seems to be the only option. I carry a Springfield 911. Yeah, I know: it's only a .380. But I've got 8 rounds comfortably in my pocket, and when I go to the range, it's actually pleasant to shoot, even single-handed. So I practice with it a lot. When I go hiking, I carry a bigger gun (9 or .45).

99% of the time it’s my M&P Shield 9 with Apex trigger, but when it’s time to wear formal attire I use a Springfield Armory 911 .380 in a DeSantis Superfly pocket holster. I do have to mention for a .380 it shoots surprisingly well, it’s pretty accurate for what it is and holds 8 rounds...

Winter IWB Shield 9mm.
Work (khakis/Dress pants, tucked in dress or golf shirt) Sig 938 Pocket (Alabama Pocket Holster in Kydex, love it) or Ankle
Summer/Weekend/casual Friday when untucked shirt: Springfield XDE 9mm AIWB (will only carry DA/SA AIWB, still can't bring myself to carry striker AIWB even though I know it's fine to do).

Funny thing is that the XDE is by far my largest carry gun but it's the most concealable when carried AIWB, which I tend to prefer.

And... I just picked up the Sig P365 so as soon as my holsters get delivered I'll be dumping the 938 & can't imagine carrying the Shield much more either although I love it's feel in my hand and how it shoots, can't justify the reduction in capacity. May even get over the hump carrying a striker AIWB but that might take some time.

Last edited:
Bodyguard .380
I can carry it in my pocket if I want in the summer time and with the double action and looooooong trigger pull it's quite safe from any accidental discharge.
I know it's only a .380.......

October through May I carry a G19 IWB. In the warmer months a 9mm Shield 1.0 with a flat faced Apex trigger IWB. I have a bodyguard that I carry in a pocket holster on the few occasions I can’t dress around the other two.

VP9 six days a week and G43 on Sunday's and when I have doctor's, dentist appointments etc. RSI on my wrist makes it more difficult to shoot the Glock.

In the Winter I toggle between G23 or G30, w/ snubbie J-frame B/U + spare ammo
Summer is 340PD snubbie w/ Seecamp B/U + spare ammo
And always a fixed blade and a folder...

G23 with a Inforce light in DSG iwb kydex (g19 is setup identical but currently have more prebans for the fortay). Lighter weather is a shield 9 or 360j. A 229 9mm gets thrown in the rotation as well as a 1911 scandium commander.

P239 9mm.. year round....have a Glock 26 too but rarely gets carried anymore..

I carry a P225-A1 sometimes but it’s really too heavy for its single clip holster, and I don’t like it enough to get a better holster. Plan to replace it with my new G19 MOS gen 5 when I put enough rounds through it and get a holster.

Depends on the situation and location that I am in. If I'm at work then concealment is key so I'll either run my Shield 45 or Glock 26, but if I'm not at work it's either my 226 Legion or 229 each chambered in 9mm. I'm trying to walk away from polymer frames as I seem to shoot better with a steel frame, but I am yet to find one in a compact flavor.

The CZ P01 is fairly compact, not steel but alloy. It’s similar in size to my P225 but I shoot it better and the simple rubber grip feels great in hand.

AIWB Glock 30 90% of the time with a 21rd spare on my weakside

The other 10% of the time I have a Shield .45 in the same configuration.

I like .45 in general and am very accurate with both guns out to about 25yrds off hand, I’ve got over 5k rounds through the glock and somewhere between 1200-1500 through the Shield.

I actually don’t own any other hand gun calibers other than .22 at this point, I’ve got what I like and haven’t seen a reason to change it? Been flirting with a G41 and red dot just for giggles.

I carry a P225-A1 sometimes but it’s really too heavy for its single clip holster, and I don’t like it enough to get a better holster. Plan to replace it with my new G19 MOS gen 5 when I put enough rounds through it and get a holster.

I have a P225-A1 as well and love it...i have an mtac, crossbreed and vedder light tuck for the 239...no matter my feelings on its size/carrying it compared with other more modern pistols..I am super accurate and comfortable with it.. and with those Holsters I can wear it in all situations... The G26 was a summer gun until I got better Holsters for the 239.... probably just turn it over in a gun buy back since I don't need it anymore!

XDs in 9mm IWB in a Crossbreed Minituck. Flush 7rd mag in the gun, 8rd mag in a soft shell IWB mag pouch. I'm 135lb and this combo disappears on me w/jeans & a t-shirt.

Just ordered a kydex holster for my not-Glock 19, going to see if it works best strong side IWB or AIWB with a loose fitting flannel. In my mind I'm not too fond of having a barrel pointed at my pecker. I deal with risk management all day - and although occurrence may be low - severity/impact would be high. Not sure if its a risk I want to take.

Kimber Micro 9 Raptor with N82 IWB. Sexiest looking CC if you unfortunately have the chance of seeing it.

I do swap with my Shield 9 with Apex trigger kit and sometimes Bodyguard 380 when I'm wearing those modern fit shirts.

Have atleast 1 CC for every attire, including a Seecamp o_O

Kimber Micro 9 Raptor with N82 IWB. Sexiest looking CC if you unfortunately have the chance of seeing it.

I do swap with my Shield 9 with Apex trigger kit and sometimes Bodyguard 380 when I'm wearing those modern fit shirts.

Have atleast 1 CC for every attire, including a Seecamp o_O

I tried a N82 tuckable IWB. It has been tossed into the holster drawer never to be used again.

I tried a N82 tuckable IWB. It has been tossed into the holster drawer never to be used again.
It's the most comfortable for me at the moment. Have a dozen in the drawer... next to my old socks, underwear and extra mags.

Been flirting with a G41 and red dot just for giggles.

Embrace the 41 and the dot. Surprisingly manageable AIWB if you have a good belt. I couldn't find a holster specifically for a 41, but the Tier1 Xiphos holster molded for G34/35 fits if you just loosen the tension screw a tad for that last 0.1" of frame width. Even better if you replace the stock "claw" screws with longer ones so the grip pivots further toward your skin. This sucker disappears if you're relatively slim and don't wear a muscle shirt.

For no compromises, Glock 41 MOS with 1000 lumens and two pre-ban mags in AIWB.
View attachment 271287

For deep concealment, two Glock 43s in shoulder holster.
View attachment 271288

For sticking it to the Maura, all three at once.
What kind of rigs do you use to make those setups happen??

I tried to carry a G19 aiwb in a sidecar style holster. It was too much for me to have up front all at once. Now I just carry my spare magazine owb weakside.

Back
Top Bottom