• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Your concealed carry and why

The CZ P01 is fairly compact, not steel but alloy. It’s similar in size to my P225 but I shoot it better and the simple rubber grip feels great in hand.
I’ve been looking at the P01 but I just haven’t found the deal I’m looking for. I’ve got a Shadow 2 that I absolutely love so transitioning over to that could be easy.

I’ve been looking at the P01 but I just haven’t found the deal I’m looking for. I’ve got a Shadow 2 that I absolutely love so transitioning over to that could be easy.
I own a P01 Omega with Hogue grips and TRUGLO sights and a Cajun Gun Works trigger/carry package. Nick at NH guns and ammo did the work, very nice pistol/

If I’m in a rush my Smith & Wesson 642 is usually in my front pocket in a Clinger Holster. In my other pocket are 2 zip strips for another 12 rounds. Small, reliable and convenient.

If I want more capacity I put my LC9S in the Comfort Cling holster in one pocket. In my other pocket I use a deep Neomag clip which holds a spare mag with a magnet. I have an IWB appendix carry holster for my LC9S but I’m just too damn fat to be comfortable using AIWB lately. Time to hit the gym.

If I go full boat I put my HK P30SK and two mags in an Alessi shoulder holster. That’s my most common winter carry since I always have a sweatshirt or sweater to cover it. I hate wearing more than one layer of clothes in the summer so when I wear the P30SK I’ll switch to my Stealthgear IWB or OWB for under a light coat.

I've carried a G19 IWB since the psycho muzzies at San Bernadino. I also carry extra mags.

In the very hottest of weather I'll get my PM9 out, and if the deepest of concealment is needed, 2 BG380's.

I am working my new P365 into the rotation, but haven't found a holster I like for it yet.

And range time with the PM9 and BG380's takes the fun out of it, but my G19 tupperware is manageable and I can shoot consistently with it.

I am working my new P365 into the rotation, but haven't found a holster I like for it yet.

I just ordered a Vedder Light Tuck for my 365, LightTuck™ Kydex IWB will let you know how I like it when it arrives Thursday but this will be the 5th one I order and have liked it in all my other guns so I can't imagine not liking it (P238, P938, Shield, XDE). I particularly like this holster for the smaller guns. Have also run the Crossbreed SuperTuck (Shield) and the Vedder Rapid Tuck (also Shield). Sent the crossbreed back, was a good holster but a little overkill for me. Don't have the P238 anymore and will probably sell the P938 & Shield now.

g43, g19, and recently with bulker clothes a g34 (in the same holster as my g19 with x300). In phlster and darkstar gear aiwb holsters
i've played around with my p365 (in a aiwb blackpoint tactical), which is just about the most concealable semi-pistol ever, but i don't trust it yet.

Ruger Lc9s in a pancake holster whenever I am wearing a belt. Light, hides easily under a t-shirt, and I shoot it better than many of my full size pistols. Much better trigger than my buddy's shield...even after he had the apex kit put in. KelTec P3AT in a front pocket holster when I'm not wearing a belt, or have to tuck. Awful trigger on that thing and no sights to speak of and it kicks like a fricken mule, but I can put all 7 rounds in an appetizer plate at 7 yards, and it has gone boom every time I've pulled the trigger.

I carry a G19 probably 75% of the time and a shield 25%. Usually it’s AIWB but if I have to wear a heavy coat I go 330.

I’d like to add a smaller, lighter gun to the equation for the very rare times I can only pocket carry, or maybe to add to the pocket of a winter coat.

I own a P01 Omega with Hogue grips and TRUGLO sights and a Cajun Gun Works trigger/carry package. Nick at NH guns and ammo did the work, very nice pistol/

Were the Hogue grips cut to fit? I don't see a model for the P01. After trying wood, G10 and plastic grips on different guns, I think I like rubber grips.

I rarely carry but when I do it's usually a Smith 638. Kinda oldschool but it's comfortable. Used to carry a P225 until I started wearing clothing that fit.

Currently my VP9 in a OWB Desantis. Or a 938 Extreme in a OWB Desantis.
I just wear a one size to big Carhart T-shirt and I'm good to go even with a 92FS.

Rotated so many EDC guns over the (many) years. But currently a G43. I’m lazy.

It’s a long list of what I have tried and still have. The G43 is a decent compromise. Not the ideal gun. But checks off a lot of boxes.

Beretta 92FS is my number one choice, it's big but I usually wear a sports jacket so it's reasonably easy to hide.
If I want to carry something smaller or in warmer weather it'll be my Beretta 85 Cheetah which is basically a shrunk down version of the 92. It shoots very smoothly and it's about 2/3 the size of the FS.
I also have a Walther PPK 380 which is a beauty, it only holds six rounds so I have to carry multiple magazines, the recoil has a bit of a bite to it so if I had to shoot more than 18 rounds with it I'm going to have a sore hand. It's like a beautiful girl with a slightly abrasive personality.
Lastly, my Ruger LC9S is smooth and also easy to conceal, it also had a bite to it until I got some nice grips for it, now it's a pleasure.

Beretta 92FS is my number one choice, it's big but I usually wear a sports jacket so it's reasonably easy to hide.
If I want to carry something smaller or in warmer weather it'll be my Beretta 85 Cheetah which is basically a shrunk down version of the 92. It shoots very smoothly and it's about 2/3 the size of the FS.
I also have a Walther PPK 380 which is a beauty, it only holds six rounds so I have to carry multiple magazines, the recoil has a bit of a bite to it so if I had to shoot more than 18 rounds with it I'm going to have a sore hand. It's like a beautiful girl with a slightly abrasive personality.
Lastly, my Ruger LC9S is smooth and also easy to conceal, it also had a bite to it until I got some nice grips for it, now it's a pleasure.

Right there with you on the size of the FS. When I stopped wearing suits daily, I dropped the 92FS as my EDC.

I just ordered a Vedder Light Tuck for my 365, LightTuck™ Kydex IWB will let you know how I like it when it arrives Thursday but this will be the 5th one I order and have liked it in all my other guns so I can't imagine not liking it (P238, P938, Shield, XDE). I particularly like this holster for the smaller guns. Have also run the Crossbreed SuperTuck (Shield) and the Vedder Rapid Tuck (also Shield). Sent the crossbreed back, was a good holster but a little overkill for me. Don't have the P238 anymore and will probably sell the P938 & Shield now.

I have the Vedder for my p365 with the claw. It literally disappears and is super comfortable. I carry at 4 o'clock and can lay down with no comfort issues.

20190206_170607.jpg

S&W Pro Series 1911 .45 3"

Because its light, comfortable and a .45, I have a M&P Shield 9mm that is virtually the same size and holds only one more round.

Back
Top Bottom