your carry gun

Depends. If I'm in a hurry heading out the door I just slip my S&W 642 snubbie into a Mika pocket holster and scoot. Other times it's a Sig 229 .40 in either IWB or OWB holsters.

You know, in theory I liked the S&W 642. I bought it and found it was hard to keep accurate. It just has no barrel weight, so it didn't kick, but pivoted in my hand. If I can fire a .45 at 20 ft more accurate than .380 (no +P) that is a gun that doesn't work for me. Just my own personal opinion.

You know, in theory I liked the S&W 642. I bought it and found it was hard to keep accurate. It just has no barrel weight, so it didn't kick, but pivoted in my hand. If I can fire a .45 at 20 ft more accurate than .380 (no +P) that is a gun that doesn't work for me. Just my own personal opinion.

Yeah the snubbie 642 takes a bit of getting used to. Go to the S&W home page and half way down on the left side are some videos by Jerry Miculek. He shows the proper snubbie grip. With a little practice and the right grip you'll find it ain't so bad and you can reaquire your target quickly.

Yeah the snubbie 642 takes a bit of getting used to. Go to the S&W home page and half way down on the left side are some videos by Jerry Miculek. He shows the proper snubbie grip. With a little practice and the right grip you'll find it ain't so bad and you can reaquire your target quickly.

Yeah, that's just not for me. It's completely fine if it works for you. I carry several different types, depending upon dress and weather. However, all of them have similar grips. I wouldn't want to have to completely change that for something I carry rarely. Just what works for me, no offense intended. CCW, holsters, etc. are very personal for so many reasons (habits, comfort, grips, body type, etc.)

These days I carry only my hands since I live in Lowell who won't issue ALP to anyone.

Yup me too. I feel your pain. Luckily since we live so close to the boarder all we need is a non resident permit for NH. At least for me anyway since I spend 90% of my time in NH. There's gotta be a way to lift the restrictions........ Or maybe not.

constantly carry my G23 3rd gen, leather owb holster with a 13rd mag with aluminum hollow points!i dont care if it shows through my clothing or not!

Hey Dwarven1, where is that smilie with the BS flag? I think I need it. Anyone else use aluminum bullets??

The only person who doesn't need to worry about anyone seeing their carry gun is a policeman. If you're not a cop, and you don't care about being seen, you've got an awful lot to learn, and I'm afraid it will be a bitter lesson for you.

constantly carry my G23 3rd gen, leather owb holster with a 13rd mag with aluminum hollow points!i dont care if it shows through my clothing or not!

I don't know why this post bothers me so much... beside the fact it is FOS.

To the OP.... I suggest you shut your mouth unless you want some unexpected trouble. I just visited your profile. You have 6 posts, and you have had 4 visitors to your profile. I only know ONE of them is a cop.... so far, but who knows... there might be more. Even one from your hometown smart a**!

Officer..... I'm not trying to out you.... I respect you and love the toy I bought from you. I just get pissed when a** hats like this muck up our forum.

Last edited:
I have a pretty messed up sense of humor and some of the most inappropriate things amuse me, but I've learned to keep my mouth shut about certain things on this site. There is no tone detector online, so even something that you think is funny sarcastically can be misconstrued to make you look like an incompetent nut job who needs to be looked into. I've caught myself going back and deleting replies seconds after I post them for this reason....not because I'm a bad guy spewing evil ideas..but because if someone just presses the print button, and especially out of context I could get myself into trouble. There are rats among us...keep that in mind and we'll all be OK.

Boston Shooter.... yeah, maybe that's it.... I just didn't see his sense of humor smilie!!!![thinking]

BTW Boston Shooter, your name is a lot of typing,... mind if I just call you BS?????[wink]

HK USP .40 in a OWB holster. I don't worry about printing so much, as long as it's fully concealed. I am looking to pick up something smaller in .45 in the near future though.

S&W 442 IWB during the summer; Glock 23 OWB during the winter.

up, question on the G23 in the OWB....i have thought about picking up an OWB myself for winter but i cant help but think about when the jacket comes off. often i find myself in a situation where im somewhere that i would think to carry OWB where my jacket would be on (or fleece or something) and i end up taking it off cause im sweating. i suppose with the right OWB holster a tshirt could cover it ok....whats your advice here?

Back
Top Bottom