Yet another inheritance thread

(Yes Ive Searched) Basically my Great Aunt died this week and has left me an old shotgun and her husbands WWI issued 1911. I am a C&R holder and these are both eligible, so how would I log these in my bound book? These are also in Connecticut and I am in Ma.

Any guesses?

Thanks
-Jon

I would log them in as being from "The estate of ..." and then complete as you normally would for receipt from a non-FFL, using her address at time of death.

I would log them in as being from "The estate of ..." and then complete as you normally would for receipt from a non-FFL, using her address at time of death.
Sounds good.

What would I log in the section for the license number? She was 84 and I dont have access to that information.

You don't need to enter a license number on receipt. It's "name and address" or "name and license number". In other words, if you received from an FFL, enter their name and FFL number. If you received from a non-FFL enter their name and address.

Not to dig this up again but is there really a need to register the shotgun on a FA10 if it has no serial number [laugh](made in 1929)? I wouldnt think so but god only knows here in the people's republic of Mass.

A similar question from me:

These firearms are in NYS and from the estate of a relative long since departed. The current relative in possession has no license and wishes to be rid of them. The recipient would eventually get them after said relative's death and any subsequent inheritance but wishes to take this "inheritance" now.

The firearms are military long rifles, perhaps an old heirloom or military pistol and a shotgun purchased in the 1970s.

Could these be entered on FA10s in MA after taking posession?

Thanks to all your studied opinions, I have been looking at this for a while.

A similar question from me:

These firearms are in NYS and from the estate of a relative long since departed. The current relative in possession has no license and wishes to be rid of them. The recipient would eventually get them after said relative's death and any subsequent inheritance but wishes to take this "inheritance" now.

The firearms are military long rifles, perhaps an old heirloom or military pistol and a shotgun purchased in the 1970s.

Could these be entered on FA10s in MA after taking posession?

Thanks to all your studied opinions, I have been looking at this for a while.

The first poster had a C&R License(FFL). There are rules for estate transfers at the time of death. I think that you can not transfer without going through a FFL in your case.

Back
Top Bottom