RI to Mass inheritance

Hey guys I was hoping to get some advice on my situation. I have a Mass LTC but I’m new to all this.
My uncle passed about 10 years ago leaving 10 rifles/shotguns and a pistol. They’ve just sat for all this time. My aunt is looking to clean out his collection. I know there is an inheritance option on that Mass registration portal but am I going to run into an issue since it’s been so long?

Hey guys I was hoping to get some advice on my situation. I have a Mass LTC but I’m new to all this.
My uncle passed about 10 years ago leaving 10 rifles/shotguns and a pistol. They’ve just sat for all this time. My aunt is looking to clean out his collection. I know there is an inheritance option on that Mass registration portal but am I going to run into an issue since it’s been so long?
Were they specifically willed to you?

If not, grab your aunt and the guns, and go to a MA FFL

1) play stupid, your aunt loaned the guns to you for legitimate sporting purposes, just make sure there are no known hi capacity mags that violate MA law

2) gee Uncle left me the guns in his will, Aunty said so. we can't find a copy, I just decided to bring them to MA and file a E-FA10

3) we want to be 100% legal since there is no mention in the will that specifically leaves them to me, so Aunty and I are going to go to a MA FFL and do a transfer

4) guns? what guns?

Unless they are willed to you specifically, you must (per Fed Law) involve an FFL to transfer them to you. Since it is across state lines, any other way is a Federal felony. You might not get caught, but this thread can and would be used as evidence for a conviction if you ever do get jammed up.

Next time keep your yap shut like the other 4,365,101 folks have done., Jack.
Asking a question to a field of knowledgeable individuals to be able to follow convoluted and confusing state and federal laws. What was I thinking? Also you can use a semicolon “;” Jack

Back
Top Bottom