Yet again another "hunter" messing with my gear

Some Dbags have officially stolen all my SD cards from my 6 cameras. My buddy caught them walking through the woods at 1030 on a Tues with no camo and a crossbow. Totally snooping around my camera.. Where he said something they said they were scouting and the headed in a different direction but not before saying the 10 pointer had been harvested ( yeah right thanks for the heads up dude) tonight I spotted a doe with a crossbow bolt lodged in her shoulder. I had no shot to put the poor thing out of her suffering.. So JOHN OR DENNIS who are totally ***king up our pretty private hunting grounds in the Grafton area I hope you see this I'm on to your scumbag ways.. I've asked everyone on the st no one knows you two I don't care if your have been working those woods for over 20 yrs.. I've been in those woods for the past 5.. Never seen you two shmucks.. You guys are the lowest... THIEVES ... Lazy hunting thieves.. Pm me if you see this we can go for a stroll in the woods and I'll tell you how I really feel.. ~ rant over~

P. 's... This really sucks the fun out of the whole thing I'm gonna go up there tomorrow and pull all my gear out

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

That sucks man, hope you get to the bottom of it. I've had a tree stand stolen once and it's a shitty feeling. Have I not been paying attention this year.....crossbows are legal in MA for hunting?

Last edited:
No No on crossbow unless you have a medical need which they will issue a special permit for... Medical need like the inability to draw a bow of the minimum weight state law requires... Back, shoulder issues, advanced age, whatever. But there is no reason a perfectly healthy man should have a permit for one.

I'm sorry that your equipment got effed with. You mention "private hunting grounds".... Were they trespassing or was this public land? Not trying to be an ass hat about it - but if it was public land then it goes with the territory unfortunately. Your lucky that he just stole your data and SD cards and not the camera! Not saying it's right... Just that there is sufficient enough scum on this earth to make life unpleasant for the rest of us from time to time. You have my sympathy.

When I come across someone else's trail camera I smile, wave, and move on.

It's private but open to hikers and horse back riders. Spoke to the land owners they were very kind.. Said they will get the property markers and signs and I'll post the land this year

You should offer to get the signage and markers. The owner won't have to spend cash for your pleasure.

If you have 6 cameras in one area, it must be a fricken huge piece of land.

Sucks to be violated like that.

No No on crossbow unless you have a medical need which they will issue a special permit for... Medical need like the inability to draw a bow of the minimum weight state law requires... Back, shoulder issues, advanced age, whatever. But there is no reason a perfectly healthy man should have a permit for one.

Re-read that for a second. Go ahead. JFC man, can you spot the libtard coming out in your post??

Crossbow is legal for medical reasons as stated above, but once you're on 'the list', you can not go back to hunting regular bow. I was thinking about getting my medical restriction because of my rotator cuff, but I think I'll tough it out until it is unbearable so I can retain some of my dignity.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry about your sd cards...I have a few extras if you'd like them. At least they left your cameras alone though?

I'm sorry that your equipment got effed with. You mention "private hunting grounds".... Were they trespassing or was this public land? Not trying to be an ass hat about it - but if it was public land then it goes with the territory unfortunately. Your lucky that he just stole your data and SD cards and not the camera! Not saying it's right... Just that there is sufficient enough scum on this earth to make life unpleasant for the rest of us from time to time. You have my sympathy.

When I come across someone else's trail camera I smile, wave, and move on.

Perfectly healthy men use crossbows all over the country. Shit, you can even use a crossbow in CT

Crossbows: The use of crossbows for hunting deer, turkey and all other species
is permitted. Legal crossbows must have a minimum draw weight of 125 pounds and
permanent fixed rifle type stock with a functional mechanical safety device.
Adjustable crossbow stocks are permitted, but folding stocks are not. The bolt
(arrow) length must be at least 18 inches, excluding the broadhead. Crossbows
are considered loaded when fully drawn with a bolt in place. Telescopic sights
are permitted.

http://www.ct.gov/deep/cwp/view.asp?A=2700&Q=556888

I am so sick of D-bags in the woods, I haven't even gone hunting one day this year. Other hunters used to respect other hunters and their space etc., not so much anymore.

Re-read that for a second. Go ahead. JFC man, can you spot the libtard coming out in your post??

No - because I'm stating the reality based on law. Never indicated I agreed with it... So kindly take your venom elsewhere.

- - - Updated - - -

Perfectly healthy men use crossbows all over the country. Shit, you can even use a crossbow in CT

http://www.ct.gov/deep/cwp/view.asp?A=2700&Q=556888

This is Mass we're talking about... but thanks for opining with irrelevant information.

- - - Updated - - -

It's private but open to hikers and horse back riders. Spoke to the land owners they were very kind.. Said they will get the property markers and signs and I'll post the land this year

Awesome outcome... one dirt bag so you can now exclude everyone else who didn't do anything. Are you a member of Moms Demand Action? [sad2]

Derpy derp derp: Lots o derp in this here thread.

If it's private land ya just need permission so posted or not, rules is the same.

If that were my land and I had been nice then an argument ensued I would probably close it down: Not worth the hassle for somebody else's problems. The owner seems to be taking the high road and good for them.

No - because I'm stating the reality based on law. Never indicated I agreed with it... So kindly take your venom elsewhere.

- - - Updated - - -

This is Mass we're talking about... but thanks for opining with irrelevant information.

- - - Updated - - -
What he said ... Sometimes I wonder whether you guys are just looking to rant about irrelevant things or whether you simply cant read the words and understand what they mean?

I used to think that these posters just want to rant and get their post totals up but I'm really beginning to think that they just don't understand.

Last edited:
What he said ... Sometimes I wonder whether you guys are just looking to rant about irrelevant things or whether you simply cant read the words and understand what they mean?

I used to think that these posters just want to rant and get their post totals up but I'm really beginning to think that they just don't understand.

Yeah, I read this as meaning "no perfectly healthy man IN MA should have a permit for one.", not that PBM was passing judgement on anyone for using a crossbow.

I mean, every real hunter knows that unless you are jumping on a deer in a loin cloth with a long piece of flint, you are cheating.

Furthermore, the absolute purists pounce, grab the animal with finger and toenails, and bite it through the spine with their teeth. Anything else is cheating. [troll]

Last edited:
You should offer to get the signage and markers. The owner won't have to spend cash for your pleasure.

If you have 6 cameras in one area, it must be a fricken huge piece of land.

Sucks to be violated like that.
True I should offer.. Had not occurred to me for some reason.. And yes.. 70+ acres

No, Mass goes by the opens fields doctrine, There is an expectation that if the land is not posted, then you can enter it. (Now before any of you stretch this to say, does mean that they come into house then?) No that is not what I am implying or saying. Mass F&W does suggest that you get permission or says that you should get permission the law does not require such unless the property is posted. This guy that had his stuff stolen yeah that is wrong, I am guessing that he has done what many others have done is convinced the land owner that it should be his private hunting preserve.
So one selfish individual is getting the treatment from another who is of like mind.
Actually the landowner said they were sorry that it happened. That they would only like myself and friend and one of their friends hunting up there so they know who is on the land. They also told me that some one came and stole 2k worth of copper off the property so no trespassing was already in the works.... Next!

You guys would make lousy detectives. Whoever took the cards, did it because they were worried about the images on the cards. Most likely someone engaged in some criminal activity in the area. Once he stole one card he needed to make sure there were no other cameras that would nail him. If he was a wicked dick hunter he would of taken the camera too.

This thread prompted me to check the camera at the back of my property. Gone! Muthafvcka!

A few hunters come through here, so either some pos fudd or a kid. Going to get signs to post the boundaries. Wondering if close enough for wireless system...

Edit- Looks like someone was old bottle hunting as well, just over my line on my neighbor's land. Probably same d!ckhead who took my camera, and fudd's are typically only ones who traverse that area. Posted my property lines and will mount wireless later. Saw a car I know is a fudd's parked down the street today (Sunday). Tempted to rat on him next time he's there on a Sunday.

Last edited:
No, Mass goes by the opens fields doctrine, There is an expectation that if the land is not posted, then you can enter it. (Now before any of you stretch this to say, does mean that they come into house then?) No that is not what I am implying or saying. Mass F&W does suggest that you get permission or says that you should get permission the law does not require such unless the property is posted. This guy that had his stuff stolen yeah that is wrong, I am guessing that he has done what many others have done is convinced the land owner that it should be his private hunting preserve.
So one selfish individual is getting the treatment from another who is of like mind.

Except for towns that require written permission, correct? Ie Concord, Carlisle, etc all have ordinances requiring written permission from the landowner to hunt...

What would amaze me is if the thieves returned the sd cards after looming at the pics. Like all of them tucked into a ziploc bag and left on a camera.

Wow, what an *******, you put your shit out unattended on someone else's property, some d-bag steals it and now you get the whole area posted? I'd take more thiefs than guys like you...

Back
Top Bottom