Would you give up all your guns-forever ?

Would you give up your guns for $1,000,000

• YES

Votes: 33 14.9%
  • NO

Votes: 189 85.1%

• Total voters
1 mil isn't enough.

Make it 100 mil and I can live vicariously thru you guys on a island somewhere where I can afford to hire my private security force and play with crossbows instead.

Ok, I'll fess up. If given the offer of $1 Mil for my guns I would have to take that. Yes, it would kill me to do so, but there are family obligations that could desperately use that money. Unfortunately in today's economy my parent's retirement fund is getting killed and while they don't say much I think they are on the verge of losing their house. Their house has been in the family for over 100 years and it's a place I hope to own one day. So, yes, for me it's would be a heart breaking decision but one that I'd make if for no other reason then to see my parents live a little easier for the few years they have left.

Edited to add: Wow, didn't mean for it to sound so depressing. Sorry guys!!!

There are a lot of things I would do for a million dollars... and even more I wouldn't do... this is definitely in the later category.

Ok, I'll fess up. If given the offer of $1 Mil for my guns I would have to take that. Yes, it would kill me to do so, but there are family obligations that could desperately use that money. Unfortunately in today's economy my parent's retirement fund is getting killed and while they don't say much I think they are on the verge of losing their house. Their house has been in the family for over 100 years and it's a place I hope to own one day. So, yes, for me it's would be a heart breaking decision but one that I'd make if for no other reason then to see my parents live a little easier for the few years they have left.

Edited to add: Wow, didn't mean for it to sound so depressing. Sorry guys!!!

I admire your dedication to your family, but wonder if in the quiet hours, you'd think that you sold your freedom for a house, rather than find alternative to keep your family home, (second, third job, selling off assets, etc)....

I'd sleep well in a large canvas tent with my family if need be in order to preserve my freedom...It's about more than just guns....

They made a movie about whore'ing your wife out for a million bucks. Caused quite the stir as some people would and others wouldn't. Same here.

It's all about what you hold as values and everyone is different.

To hell with that my guns are my happiness and money cant buy that.[smile]

Same here, although my family makes me happy too...sometimes [smile]

No, I couldn't live the life I want to so what would be the point for me? Especially seeing as I am not even 30 years old yet, one million wouldn't be enough to retire on. Plus I will need guns for the revolution.

I agree.

I would have to say no. Maybe if we are talking about crazy money, but not for a million. I am a man of priciple, but am not crazy. Or at least I do not think so.

Would you give up your guns for $1,000,000
I vote yes since mine collection is not worth anything near that and then with the million begona's I would go buy more expensive ones and a lifetime of ammo.[grin]

Would you give up all your guns-forever ?
No to the above however!

I'd do it. Million bucks, invested properly, goes a hell of a long way. It isn't as if you could quit your job and move to an island, but it would make everything a hell of a lot easier for the rest of your life. Could help the family and the future generations. Hell, my own damn salary would go a long way if I couldn't buy guns as well... Plus I've been meaning to get more into muzzleloading and bow hunting anyway, so that would still be available.

Not to mention, if I did well in the market with the $1M, I could hire some lawyers and lobbyists to try to overturn the whole "no touching guns" part of my deal, hahahaha.

I think too many people are trying to play with that lawyer loophole. Read the OP! You cannot touch another gun in your life. We should change it to and live in Bristol County and if you get a gun charge you go to the Bristol County Facility while lettin Dirty Danny bust your butt cherry. Now lets see how many yes votes there will be.

I'd probably rather keep the guns. It is one of the few hobbies that I have been enjoying lately and one I can enjoy in to my later years.

Back
Top Bottom