Would you give up all your guns-forever ?

Would you give up your guns for $1,000,000

• YES

Votes: 33 14.9%
  • NO

Votes: 189 85.1%

• Total voters

Pilgrim

NES Member
RETIRED, at home or wherever I want to be
Saw this on another forum and thought I would get your thoughts on it.

Would you be willing to give up all your guns, and never touch another one for 1 million dollars (tax free)?

Assume for this exercise that you really couldn't ever touch another gun, by whatever type of magical enforcment.

Last edited:
Would you be willing to give up all your guns, and never touch another one for 1 million dollars (tax free)?

Assume for this exercise that you really couldn't ever touch another gun, by whatever type of magical enforcment.
Doesn't that sort of depend on who is running this program?

If some random gun grabber offered you $1M to sell all your guns and never touch them again, that's a bit different than a Federal program that makes the same offer...

The issue being that the Federal dollars are just freshly printed money and won't be worth anything shortly if any significant quantity of gun owners took the offer...

p.s. I wouldn't take the offer as I would wonder why they were so interested in taking my guns, but my response would range from "No thanks" to "Hell no" depending on who made the offer...

Last edited:
No, I couldn't live the life I want to so what would be the point for me? Especially seeing as I am not even 30 years old yet, one million wouldn't be enough to retire on. Plus I will need guns for the revolution.

If someone offered me a mil for my guns i would think about it for about 1 minute, then tell them to go touch themselves.
I could use the money but I would be a miserable bastard for the rest of my life.
Even if I couldnt hunt, carry or even target shoot, those guns will be sitting in the safe til the day I become worm food.
Besides, I think my sons may need those guns in the future more than I ever will.......

Doesn't that sort of depend on who is running this program?

If some random gun grabber offered you $1M to sell all your guns and never touch them again, that's a bit different than a Federal program that makes the same offer...

The issue being that the Federal dollars are just freshly printed money and won't be worth anything shortly if any significant quantity of gun owners took the offer...

p.s. I wouldn't take the offer as I would wonder why they were so interested in taking my guns, but my response would range from "No thanks" to "Hell no" depending on who made the offer...

I think you're over-thinking the shit out of this[wink]

I was going to say yes because then I'd buy a house somewhere very remote, real cheap, with a lot of land but then I realized I sure as hell wouldn't want to live anywhere where I could not defend it and my family. I'd sell my recreational guns for a million if I could keep some for defensive purposes and hunting and ccw.

I'd take the money, wait a year and then reneg on the deal. The government does it all the time.

The other side of the coin is that you'll spend that $1M on security trying to stay safe. I'd rather keep the $800 firearm and work by fingers to the bone for the $1M; this way I get both.

I replied to the poll and wasn't going to post but, I didn't think so many would sell their liberty.

What did Jefferson say??? Something about security and liberty???
[hmmm][thinking]

I did

I am not afraid to come forward.I did because I would buy more,that was before I read the rest of the question that was not produced.I always have been able to get guns.and if there are none I can make them.I dont have to buy land I have it.and am on it.all the growling and gun owners in Mass cant get together and vote the swine out.what happened to the 1,500,000 gun owners that disappeared in mass????? me I went where the gun climent was better.4 deer in the freezer,and 40lb cat fish.[rolleyes] [laugh]

Back
Top Bottom