• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Worst gun ever

What was the biggest POS you have owned? What about it caused it to win that title? What prompted you to want it in the first place? How did you finally dump it?

I'm fairly new to shooting, so any gun is more accurate and reliable than I am. My worst experience was with an S&W M&P40 1.0. The mass compliant trigger really sucked, but an apex kit solved that problem. Now it is a pretty nice gun.

Lets hear some bad stories!

Worse gun I owned and still have is a high point carbine in 9mm. Bought it because it was cheap and I wanted a 9mm carbine. Kept getting cheek slapped no matter what I did. I haven't bothered to dump it yet as I might play around with replacing the stock or something to see if I can improve it.

AMT BACK-UP DAO .380. What a hunk of dog shit. Bought it back in early 2000s from the worst gun store in MA, the GUN ROOM. [rofl] I quickly discovered that you could only clean
it by driving out a roll pin. Also if you dry fired it enough the firing pins would break. A machinist made me a new firing pin. I think I ended up doing a gun shop trade in somewhere on something better, I don't even remember what I got for it in the end, I honestly didn't care, just wanted it gone. Also the trigger was about 900 lbs.

I have had a few other clunkers, but nothing ever came close to that piece of shit. Not even the seecamp .32.

-Mike

AMT Backup 380. It was an impulse buy. The only saving grace was that I made money on it when I sold it.

Great minds..... [rofl] I don't think I made jack shit on it, I think at the time I had practically begged for a dealer to take it off my hands. I think I traded that and something
else up into a S&W 617 or something like that. At least that gun was a quality gun.

ETA: Yours was probably the non DAO version, but they were all hunks of shit.

-Mike

Mosquito. Felt good in hand. No matter how I adjusted my grip, thumb would graze the mag release and cause a mag drop. Rear sight moved constantly. Would fire minimags and that's it. 10 rounds. I told the next guy all of this crap, i didnt want to hear any buyers remorse.
My father has an AMT .380. Never shot it, but just handling it makes me not want to.

Forgot to mention the constant stovepipes in that skeeter too. At the time I had that and a glock . 40. I had more fun with the glock. At least it went bang.

Bodyguard .380. Snapped the firing pin just clearing it. Then got a total shit show by S&W customer disservice. Made me detest anything S&W ever since. Wanted a light pistol for pocket carry. Went to an LC9.

My biggest disappointment was my Garand. Wanted it because of all the reasons everyone loves them; family history, American classic, blah blah blah. There’s not a thing about it that I liked, and it was the last time I let someone (everyone?) else’s opinion sway me on a gun purchase. Traded for a Marlin 336 and have been very happy.

Bodyguard .380. Snapped the firing pin just clearing it. Then got a total shit show by S&W customer disservice. Made me detest anything S&W ever since. Wanted a light pistol for pocket carry. Went to an LC9.

My biggest disappointment was my Garand. Wanted it because of all the reasons everyone loves them; family history, American classic, blah blah blah. There’s not a thing about it that I liked, and it was the last time I let someone (everyone?) else’s opinion sway me on a gun purchase. Traded for a Marlin 336 and have been very happy.

If anyone else wants to trade a Garand for my 336 I'm just a PM away.

AMT Automag III. At least once a mag slide would catch the ejecting brass. Cool factor though was that it shot flames out the barrel lol

S&W 340... Super lightweight DAO J-Frame revolver in .357 Magnum... Most unpleasant gun to shoot I’ve ever owned, even with a shooting glove I almost always left the range with some type of minor injury due to it’s VERY sharp recoil. Worst then my 629 “Backpacker” .44 magnum snubby, worst then my Super Redhawk in .454 Casull, Worse then my .50 AE Desert Eagle... Worse then my Lone Eagle in .308 Winchester...

Cobra Patriot 45. A really light 45 pistol that would rip your hand off with each shot. The review says: “The Patriot .45 is not a pleasant gun to shoot due to its combination of potent caliber and light weight. It is designed to be carried a lot and shot a little...” Even with a padded shooting glove this thing was murder...

S&W 340... Super lightweight DAO J-Frame revolver in .357 Magnum... Most unpleasant gun to shoot I’ve ever owned, even with a shooting glove I almost always left the range with some type of minor injury due to it’s VERY sharp recoil. Worst then my 629 “Backpacker” .44 magnum snubby, worst then my Super Redhawk in .454 Casull, Worse then my .50 AE Desert Eagle... Worse then my Lone Eagle in .308 Winchester...
That's funny, these are some of my favorite guns. The worst gun that I've ever personally owned was a Mosquito. The slide sheared in half with maybe 2 or 3k rounds in it.

Worst I can think of?

1589222673920.jpg

Para Ordinance LTC

Locked up in a live round after a few failures to feed.

Took forever to pound the thing around to remove the round. Bright it back and demanded a different gun. What a POS.

I think the chamber was a bit short.

John Jovino-imported 1942 Lithgow No. 1 MkIII*. Pain in the ass to take apart, couldn't hit anything, and couldn't feed from the magazine. I traded it for a Geha 12-gauge that I never shot. That's how much it sucked.

If you shoot the 340 enough eventually it will blow up. There are at least two or three people from here that had 340s blow up on them. Thankfully when they blow up usually it's not something that causes an injury but the gun will definitely stop working. A friend of mine has the hammer version of the gun, and it eventually blew up too... Smith will fix under warranty but it's still kind of ridiculous. I think they just figure that nobody will shoot it enough to make them blow up, nobody is usually that much of a masochist... [laugh]

Back
Top Bottom