• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Boomer parents are the worst

Where I come from the thing on her nose (a bit more heavy duty of course) is used on pigs so they dont dig up the pen...

On the question at hand- she has -no-idea- what is in store for her once she decouples from her parents. She seems a clean, well- cared for kid and I am sure given her lack of ability to comprehend life - it is all because of her parents shielding her from the blood sport called life. All in due time, all in due time kiddo...

There has to be a state where it’s still legal to abort that kid.
I feel that.

My father is a boomer (71 this year) and he is my absolute best friend. We speak every day either by text or phone. I will be lucky to live up to being half the man he was to me. I can’t imagine this things attitude.

One of the most important things in my life is at this point is my father being in my children’s life. Especially my son who needs his influence.

I feel that.

My father is a boomer (71 this year) and he is my absolute best friend. We speak every day either by text or phone. I will be lucky to live up to being half the man he was to me. I can’t imagine this things attitude.

One of the most important things in my life is at this point is my father being in my children’s life. Especially my son who needs his influence.
That’s awesome man.
I’m happy for you.

Stereotypes don't just invent themselves...

It's worth knowing though that mindset often transcends age etc. I have young guys at work that are clearly more like GenX than the millenials you could label them as. Upbringing > generational generic BS. If their parents sucked then they tend to fall into the generic crap.

Grew up in a first gen WI house. (lots of parallels as the culture is often blended)
I have a sibling that is a decade younger and they were the only one that had the social/public school indoctrination but they are not as bad as the one in the OP
I can only imagine if I brought that bs home
Gen Wisconsin?

The worst employee I have right now is a literal boomer. The best employee I also have is another literal boomer.

Makes the boomer math thing complicated. One guy says he got thrown out of Vietnam Era army basic because he beat up his drill sergeant and the other is a complete rock star.

Where I come from the thing on her nose (a bit more heavy duty of course) is used on pigs so they dont dig up the pen...

On the question at hand- she has -no-idea- what is in store for her once she decouples from her parents. She seems a clean, well- cared for kid and I am sure given her lack of ability to comprehend life - it is all because of her parents shielding her from the blood sport called life. All in due time, all in due time kiddo...
I was playing with my dog and got the ring of his collar and tore up my nose some how

Not that i was planning on it but after that experience it solidified there will be no nose rings

young boomers.
born in 1964, kid in 2000, 36 years old, possibly.

anyways, there is a LOT to unpack here.
a) how does a boomer produce a kid like this?
My mother was born in 1954. Had a late surprise with my sister in 1996. 3 out of 4 conservative. Youngest was corrupted at UVM. I haven't met him yet, but I'm pretty sure what will become my BIL doesn't have a penis.

My mother was born in 1954. Had a late surprise with my sister in 1996. 3 out of 4 conservative. Youngest was corrupted at UVM. I haven't met him yet, but I'm pretty sure what will become my BIL doesn't have a penis.
What is UVM?

Do you mean U Mass?

Does only the USofA, or can any Allie state, have Baby Boomers? 🤔

I almost just called my bil a "Boomer" and it got me to thinking. He's now a dual citizen with born in the UK.

I'm a boomer who is much more politically conservative/ libertarian minded than my (adoptive) parents who were part of the greatest or silent generation depending on where the line is drawn.

And she will have a mental breakdown:
Be made a Section 12
Be given all kinds of psych meds.
Be enrolled into the system, welfare, MA Health, by the hospital social worker that feels bad for her
Be taken back by the enabling Mother, usually not the Father, and live happily ever after again in her parent's basement or second floor apartment until the parents die or their money runs out!

Back
Top Bottom