WooHoo!!! I got my license back!!!

Congratulations...I'm glad that you are okay, that you got your LTC back and that the incident didn't happen in Boston or Worcester lest you be writing us a snail mail letter from either the Suffolk or Worcester County jails.

Mark L.

Great news, and you definitely have a great group of officers in Gloucester.

Congratulations, to you and the Gloucester COP.

so when is the CZ-50 going to be in the classifieds??

He doesn't need to sell it outright, only not carry it loaded away from the range. All this talk of drop safe pistols needs to be tempered by some dose of where those are appropriate and not. The idea of drop safe firearms brought us the AG regs/EOPS list. If the AG (and the state of MA) was soooo worried about our well being, they would pass a law that says carry firearms need to be drop safe, but we could buy anything we want, so long as we don't carry them. That would make sense. Yet we get this crap.
So, to my point, drop safe is a benefit when carrying and dealing with a loaded firearm when not in a range environment. In a range environment, it is not a huge benefit and should not be a limiting factor on what one could buy.

And yes, I am sure you were kidding but this is a public forum, and I want to make sure our real feelings on the subject are on record.

Well, there could be psychological issues in keeping the gun. And yes, I know it's an inanimate object, but still...

Hey guys. I do plan on keeping the gun for now. It has sentimental value now. I also have the spent casing. After the holidays, i do plan on purchasing some sort of "drop safe" handgun, but the only solution I could come up with when I feel like carrying the CZ is to just not have a round in the chamber. I know you all have your opinions about that issue and believe me, I always have one in there if i feel the need to carry. After taking care of some errands this morning, I'm going shopping for a good holster and belt. These Uncle Mikes pieces of crap have got to go.

Matt that's great news that you're in the clear.

You have to know that I would never sell a gun to anyone if I thought it was unsafe to use. I felt horrible after I heard of this incident. I had the gun for years and I never had a problem with it. (of course, I never tried dropping it on the hammer.) The gun is almost 60 years old, but as we all know, AD's can happen with any firearm.

P.S. Thanks for leaving the positive feedback for the transaction. You must have been grinding your teeth while typing. [wink]

Matt that's great news that you're in the clear.

You have to know that I would never sell a gun to anyone if I thought it was unsafe to use. I felt horrible after I heard of this incident. I had the gun for years and I never had a problem with it. (of course, I never tried dropping it on the hammer.) The gun is almost 60 years old, but as we all know, AD's can happen with any firearm.

P.S. Thanks for leaving the positive feedback for the transaction. You must have been grinding your teeth while typing. [wink]

So it was you [wink]

There's absolutely no hard feelings what so ever on my end. Never was there any blame put against you by my family or even the Police Dept. It's as if it never happened. I certainly take it as a learning experience and hope many others on this forum do the same.
If you're ever in the Gloucester area again, I'm at the range just about every Sunday, come on by and bring your toys.

So it was you [wink]

Yeah, and for the rest of my days I'll be apprehensive about selling any of my guns in private sales!

There's absolutely no hard feelings what so ever on my end. Never was there any blame put against you by my family or even the Police Dept. It's as if it never happened. I certainly take it as a learning experience and hope many others on this forum do the same.
If you're ever in the Gloucester area again, I'm at the range just about every Sunday, come on by and bring your toys.

Matt thank you for those words.

He doesn't need to sell it outright, only not carry it loaded away from the range. All this talk of drop safe pistols needs to be tempered by some dose of where those are appropriate and not. The idea of drop safe firearms brought us the AG regs/EOPS list. If the AG (and the state of MA) was soooo worried about our well being, they would pass a law that says carry firearms need to be drop safe, but we could buy anything we want, so long as we don't carry them. That would make sense. Yet we get this crap.
So, to my point, drop safe is a benefit when carrying and dealing with a loaded firearm when not in a range environment. In a range environment, it is not a huge benefit and should not be a limiting factor on what one could buy.

And yes, I am sure you were kidding but this is a public forum, and I want to make sure our real feelings on the subject are on record.

I only said he should sell it because I have wanted a CZ-50 for a while. I certainly was not kidding.

Congrats on keeping your rights. Good luck with the healing. +1 on a good holster and belt. I love my gear from Comp-Tac and TheBeltman.net.

I only said he should sell it because I have wanted a CZ-50 for a while. I certainly was not kidding.

PM sent

Congrats on keeping your rights. Good luck with the healing. +1 on a good holster and belt. I love my gear from Comp-Tac and TheBeltman.net.

Thanks. I'll check out some of those products you've requested. Strong leather is here in Gloucester and they make a wide variety of holsters.I dont know if they sell to the public though. Worth a SHOT, wait, maybe not[thinking]

Here ya go you crazy bastard. Keep in mind up ontil a couple days ago it was still bleeding slightly. The Ortho put some chemical nitrate swab on it to start the scabbing process.

PC180696.jpg

PC180695.jpg

Ouch! Hope it heals up quick for you. Congrats on getting your license and gun back. After reading your original post I was doubtful it was going to be easy for you. Glad it turned out OK in the end. Big lesson there for everyone.

Back
Top Bottom